Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got married in Malta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Aced_Up

Aced_Up wrote: »
    I came back to Malta after a 3 years... Gorgeous place... Went to many weddings there... There are many villas to rent out... For the reception. One below Mdina called The Olive Gardens. Beautiful at night with the ancient city as a backdrop.

Go to Facebook and ask on the 'feel @ home malta' page/group. Antonella will help

http://www.feelathomemalta.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kindly

Hi there,

we are thinking of getting married next year in malta, we are going to holiday there this sept by way of making our minds up and if so going ahead and booking our wedding (although reading your post has kind of confirmed it for me already)

I was wondering if I could maybe get those details of florist, photos etc that u spoke of so as when we are abroad we can look up all the bits n pieces that go with getting married

would rely appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fifi00

Hi im so new to all of this..I could really do with some help..im gettin married in malta in june 2014 and on a tight budget would love to get a few of ur contacts from malta ur florist and photographer sound too good to be true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Anyone considering Malta should check out Dream Days

We met them in February this year in City West Hotel (think they are back in November) And went to Malta in July to see venues for our self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thats a fact jack

hi is there any chance you can send me your wedding contacts in malta . we are looking to get married next year thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 misstequila

@Incy Wincy, I'm afraid you don't visit this website anymore, but I'm so excited after reading your message, I have to try!

I'm from the Netherlands, but love Malta! Went there twice for a holiday, and want to get married there as well.

I don't know how I can sent you a private message, but I hope you sent my one.

And all other people who have an advice for us to marry in Malta. I read a lot about the radisson blu, but I'm afraid it's a bit too expensive. Are there also people who experienced a private villa or place to party with some catering?

By the way, we are also planning on like 35 guests, but we want to pay their stay, so if you have any advice for that.. that would be great!

Thanks in advance all!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

Hi Ladies,

I got married in Malta in June this year and on a budget we skipped the wedding planner and sourced all the bit and bobs ourselves.

The wedding was for 35 adults and 5 kids.

Venue _ The Villa Restaurant St Julians Malta.

We had the ceremony here too. The total for everything inc. ceremony set up, sole use of large terrace for meal, chair covers, premium beverage package inc canapés ), kids welcome package, 3 course meal, childrens meal, after party food, open bar on wine,beer,cider, cake handeling fee, up lighters for afterparty room was under £3,000

For our cake we had 2 teir chocolate ganache with with white icing and a dozen cupcakes. Both cake and cupcakes were designed beautifully with our wedding theme. The lady who made the cake lives in gozo and delivered it to the venue on the day. That cost £163 from rita Knowles. ritaknowles@yahoo.co.uk Tel 99011044

Photographer we used Alexsey from One Special Day Photography 3 hours for Eur 350. We got sent the photos via a link after so its up to us to print them out, but we found we could do it easily on photobox.

As I was getting married at the venue I just need a nice clean modern car to take me to venue and not a super special vintage car.I used ecabs in st julians for this, booked in advance and also got a mini bus for the rest of my family to go ahead. The car I had was a nice black bmw with a white bow. THey also arranged to collect our registrar and waited for her to do the ceremony before taking her back home

For the DJ we used Alison from pro DJ hire you can find her on facebook or goole pro DJ, I have lost some numbers but she was great. And 300 eur for night.

That's all I can think of at the moment, hope it helps. I know how hard it is to organise something as special as your wedding with no recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

wow that sounds unreal...£3000...you could pay for a place for people to stay if the bulk of your wedding only cost £4000 (to include cakes, photos etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shelly_x

Hi, Does anyone on this have any info on planning a wedding in Valetta? I am hoping to do it without a wedding planner due to budget restraints. we are hoping to have it in 2015. thanks in advance!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mirgar

I just read your post on your wedding congratulations :)
    Can I ask you were you stayed? Did you find it stressful to organise all of this? I have to say fair play to you! Our position is usual tight budget but what I do have is time..
    We would probably just have 15/20 people max. Did you do your bookings/business through email and if so was there any problems with communication etc?

Thanks so much after getting excited to find out it could even happen for us..
    Congrats again :)

Snuggie wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

I got married in Malta in June this year and on a budget we skipped the wedding planner and sourced all the bit and bobs ourselves.

The wedding was for 35 adults and 5 kids.

Venue _ The Villa Restaurant St Julians Malta.

We had the ceremony here too. The total for everything inc. ceremony set up, sole use of large terrace for meal, chair covers, premium beverage package inc canapés ), kids welcome package, 3 course meal, childrens meal, after party food, open bar on wine,beer,cider, cake handeling fee, up lighters for afterparty room was under £3,000

For our cake we had 2 teir chocolate ganache with with white icing and a dozen cupcakes. Both cake and cupcakes were designed beautifully with our wedding theme. The lady who made the cake lives in gozo and delivered it to the venue on the day. That cost £163 from rita Knowles. ritaknowles@yahoo.co.uk Tel 99011044

Photographer we used Alexsey from One Special Day Photography 3 hours for Eur 350. We got sent the photos via a link after so its up to us to print them out, but we found we could do it easily on photobox.

As I was getting married at the venue I just need a nice clean modern car to take me to venue and not a super special vintage car.I used ecabs in st julians for this, booked in advance and also got a mini bus for the rest of my family to go ahead. The car I had was a nice black bmw with a white bow. THey also arranged to collect our registrar and waited for her to do the ceremony before taking her back home

For the DJ we used Alison from pro DJ hire you can find her on facebook or goole pro DJ, I have lost some numbers but she was great. And 300 eur for night.

That's all I can think of at the moment, hope it helps. I know how hard it is to organise something as special as your wedding with no recommendations.

• Advertisement

Hi we stayed at the hotel Cavalieri which you can see from The Villa. The Villa has the Hotel Meridien almost attached but the reason we chose the Cavalieri was because it was right on the waters edge. We are really glad we chose to stay there and found it great value too.
    We arranged everything via email which at times could be frustrating however as we discovered when we flew out to Malta a week before the wedding, it could be just as frustrating in person. Alot of the people there very relaxed to the point of almost being asleep. You may find yourself going over things all ready arranged several times. The villa have a smaller balcony that you will probably get for free. But still you wuld pay 100 euro for ceremony set up and 3euro per chair cover. We were offered it but it as its only fits 25-30 people it was too small for us.
    If you send me your private email I can send you some photos of our wedding to give you an idea.

Ive Been asked for a few more tips on weddings in Malta. I chose June to get married in as the temp is usually ment to be between 21 and 25 C, getting hotter towards the end of the month. Luckily the Venue recommended that I get married in the evening as is traditional in Malta,on the day there was a heat wave and it was 38 C the day of the wedding. If my outdoor wedding was at lunch time we would of fried !. I chose to get married at 5, but I think 4 would also of been fine. If you are having a civil ceremony the vows take 10 minutes, then your married. Then both of you sign the marraige cert along with your witnesses, we then had my neice say a poem about marraige. The registrar will ask when you meet then at their office in Valletta, if you would like to say your own vows or if you would like to go with the standard traditional vows, and if you will have someone saying a reading/poem etc at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

Ive Been asked for a few more tips on weddings in Malta. I chose June to get married in as the temp is usually ment to be between 21 and 25 C, getting hotter towards the end of the month. Luckily the Venue recommended that I get married in the evening as is traditional in Malta,on the day there was a heat wave and it was 38 C the day of the wedding. If my outdoor wedding was at lunch time we would of fried !. I chose to get married at 5, but I think 4 would also of been fine. If you are having a civil ceremony the vows take 10 minutes, then your married. Then both of you sign the marraige cert along with your witnesses, we then had my neice say a poem about marraige. The registrar will ask when you meet then at their office in Valletta, if you would like to say your own vows or if you would like to go with the standard traditional vows, and if you will have someone saying a reading/poem etc at the end.

Thanks for the tip! Just a quick question, we have booked our hotel and received a receipt for the deposit, however we haven't been sent any contracts, how long do we wait for them or is not a done thing over there?

We received the contract and then paid the deposit. But I dont think anything in Malta is standard. Even when we paid the final installment the morning of the wedding they were unsure of the amount we had left to pay. If you want your contracts may just have to ask several times, if your having a wedding in Malta get used to repeating yourself and your instructions !. You'll get there in the end though xx

We received the contract and then paid the deposit. But I dont think anything in Malta is standard. Even when we paid the final installment the morning of the wedding they were unsure of the amount we had left to pay. If you want your contracts may just have to ask several times, if your having a wedding in Malta get used to repeating yourself and your instructions !. You'll get there in the end though xx

Yeah I thought that! We're having a civil ceremony, so everything is at the hotel and I was expecting a deposit having to be paid on the cost of the meals and ceremony, but all they wanted was a deposit on the ceremony. They just told us to pay the balance the morning of. I have noticed the whole having to repeatedly tell them what I need, and I'm only a few weeks in!

Very different to getting married here! Though it might give us more bargaining room before anything is signed.

My best advise is, to expect to repeat yourself, not to take it personally, and if some smaller details fall through because of the " relaxed " attitude of the people your dealing with, just take a deep breath and forget about it, precision and planning dont seem very high on the adgenda there, so just go with it or you will get very VERY stressed. Your wedding will be beautiful regardless. All the big things will be taken care of.

My best advise is, to expect to repeat yourself, not to take it personally, and if some smaller details fall through because of the " relaxed " attitude of the people your dealing with, just take a deep breath and forget about it, precision and planning dont seem very high on the adgenda there, so just go with it or you will get very VERY stressed. Your wedding will be beautiful regardless. All the big things will be taken care of.

I may just have to repeat this to myself over and over while I'm planning. I'm a bit of a control freak!

Any contacts you have for flowers etc, I'd be really grateful for them, as I really have no idea where to start for bits and pieces like that. Have the DJ and the reception/wedding booked but that's about it!

Hi all, would anybody have any recommendations for a wedding photographer in Malta?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 soh21

Hi everyone,

Myself and my boyfriend are looking into getting married in Malta and are really interested in the Radisson Hotel in St. Julien's. Has anyone dealt with them before?
    We estimate that there would be about 70 people at the wedding.
    We would appreciate if anyone could let us have contact details and prices for florist, car hire, venue, cake, photographer etc.

Any assistance at all would be great.

Many thanks.

soh21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

soh21 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Myself and my boyfriend are looking into getting married in Portugal and are really interested in the Radisson Hotel in St. Julien's.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 soh21

Dancor wrote: »
    :confused:

Apologies, meant to say Malta. Looking at holidays in Portugal at the mo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Stamullen

Hello,
    Getting married myself in June 2015. We picked The Villa brasserie for venue and dealing with Sarah Young at the moment to get all the prices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ellew

Hi Incy Wincy,

I know its years ago since your wedding in malta, but I would love to find out more, particularly details of your photographer, baker for the cake, and florist. I hope not to go the wedding planner route, if possible!! I really appreciate any help you can offer!

ellew wrote: »
    Hi Incy Wincy,

I know its years ago since your wedding in malta, but I would love to find out more, particularly details of your photographer, baker for the cake, and florist. I hope not to go the wedding planner route, if possible!! I really appreciate any help you can offer!

Unfortunately I don't think they really use this site anymore :(. But, I am getting married next year in Malta and can give you names of the hotel etc that I have so far let me know :)

HI there,
    I posted some info on photographer and cake on page nine of the thread. St Julians also has an interflora, I didnt use this as I make handmade silk bouquets for weddings myself, that can be kept forver as heir looms

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ellew

I'd love that, we're looking at about 60 people. We want something as natural as possible, preferably outside, on a hill or in a field somewhere. We're heading over to look soon but I would be really grateful for any contacts you make - I'll share the same if I find anything good. Also, we're hoping to have a quick turnaround, only giving oursleves about 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Stamullen

just put ,,Im getting married in Malta,, on facebook, there is a closed group for ppl getting married in Malta and u can get all the info there ! highly recommended !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 funhappybunny

Hi everyone!!

I'm also planning to get married in Malta next year and also on a bit of a budget.It looks like I'm no way near as organised as you guys though!

My fiancee and I are currently looking at venues (St julien's?). Can anyone advise - we are a party of 40 - Any details or contacts or links would be very much appreciated.

Feeling a bit of a lost lamb!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deirdrek28

Hi everyone , thinking about getting married in malta june 2015. there will be approx. 20 guests joining us. on a bit of a budget! any info would be much appreciated. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Sfmk9

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send on information about you photographers, flourists, wedding car services etc as we are looking into getting married in Malta and would like something similar to what you had for your wedding. It would be a huge help :-)
    Thanks
    Steve

Advertisement