Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing + Blogs

Options
  • 30-07-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey again,

What are the groups views on writers having a blog. I've read quite a few online and found them useful, especially in relation to advice from more established writers as to what not to do.

Having posted here in February about finishing my first book, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055839147 I've actually still been working on parts of it since, following input from my agents and now it IS done and they've sent it out to publishers.

So to fill the time I've decided blog on the process from the first rung of the publishing ladder and let people know what happens and what kind of responses I get from publishers and any info i think might be useful. I'm also hoping that keeping up a blog will keep me disciplined to write something on a regular basis.

I'm on the fence about whether it's a good idea or not , or even if I'll be able to keep it up but here's the link to it anyway.
    http://thirtyfour-eighty.blogspot.com/

Does anyone else blog? post your links please as I' like to have a look at them

Thanks
    B
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Warrior Saint

I have set up blog in the last few days. Again like you I may or may not keep it going. For now it's just a hobby, used as much to develop my I.T. skills as show how my book is progressing.

The book is a work of historical fiction which I am just finishing. I will probably self publish the book on createspace or lulu rather than go down the agent/publisher route.

Anyway the link to the blog is Patrick Warrior Saint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mikhaela

Having your own blog really helps in marketing your book once it's published and that's what most writers do! And once you get your book published, don't forget to have your own website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Angelina1

Hi,

Blogs are very helpful,in terms of marketing and to gather views of people regarding your blog. Blogs are your personal views on some topic and you can share your experience and thoughts with other people through blogging. Really blogging is very helpful.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 balbhagusog

I've also recently set up a blog with the idea of posting some short stories for review, that said i'd be happy to also post them on a website for review. I'm having a hard time advertising the blog though and the two review sites i've posted... well the stories just arent being read.

To that end, does anyone have any suggestions for getting work reviewed?

Kind regards
    Balbh

shameless plug. Songs From The Hyades Blog

Advertisement