Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i'm done

Options
  • 25-02-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'M FINISHED AT LAST

Sorry for shouting but i had to just tell someone that this evening i finished writing, editing, spelling, grammar and punctuation checking, re-writing and printing my first book....yippee.

Sent off to my agents and am not awaiting the deluge offers. in the meantime I'm off to place an order for some extravagant and entirely unnecessary purchase.

(Or maybe I'd better just wait and see)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Well done. What's it about?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Good stuff. Might as well start another one to kill time while you're waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Congratulations! And good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bazma8

thanks guys.

EileenG It's crime fiction and is about a girl who goes missing. I'd like to think it's in the Harlan Coben/ Dennis Lehane style but I'd be stretching credibility a bit.

Pick...I've got a idea for the second one but i think a couple of weeks away from the keyboard may be in order first

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Well done and hope you get a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Congrats. It's a great achievement to finish writing a book and I'd say it gives a great feeling of personal satisfaction too to see your idea down on paper as a finished item.
    Good luck with getting it published :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WHU

Well done, good luck icon_thumbsup.gif

thank you all. I'll keep in touch and let you know of any progress

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

Well done must be a great feeling. Are you a full time writer? How long have you been working on the project? Good luck with the publishers.

dragonkin wrote: »
    Well done must be a great feeling. Are you a full time writer? How long have you been working on the project? Good luck with the publishers.

It feels pretty good alright. I'm not really full time in that i should have a job but I don't for the last year. So I'm full time by default.

I started in may last year for want of something better to do. I stopped around four weeks later after writing 80 pages. This was the first thing i ever wrote so i sent it off to various agents to see if it was crap or what? They signed me up in October last year which spurred me on and i finished it in the time since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭realmadrid

That is fantastic congratulations to you

Advertisement