Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlisle Gym?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I know there are a few threads all discussing this but I can't find any recent ones..

Basically, I'm thinking of joining in September and I plan to go either before or after college and on the weekends.

I have heard that it gets busy at peak times but what I want to know is would I still be able to get a machine? I'm aiming towards doing mostly cardio work.

Also, what cardio machines do they have and roughly how many do they have?

I'm thinking that going before college in the mornings might be easier rather than going after college when it's busier. Still not sure though.
    I don't have much money which is why the Carlisle prices appeal to me. Plus it's only a small bus journey away which also appeals to me.

I do plan to go have a look around before joining but that won't be for a while.

Any info on this would really be appreciated. Thankyou!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Saaron wrote: »
    I know there are a few threads all discussing this but I can't find any recent ones..

Basically, I'm thinking of joining in September and I plan to go either before or after college and on the weekends.

I have heard that it gets busy at peak times but what I want to know is would I still be able to get a machine? I'm aiming towards doing mostly cardio work.

Also, what cardio machines do they have and roughly how many do they have?

I'm thinking that going before college in the mornings might be easier rather than going after college when it's busier. Still not sure though.
    I don't have much money which is why the Carlisle prices appeal to me. Plus it's only a small bus journey away which also appeals to me.

I do plan to go have a look around before joining but that won't be for a while.

Any info on this would really be appreciated. Thankyou!
    you havent much money and want to do cardio . Dont bother with a gym. go running/sprinting or buy a decent bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭chadmustang

they have about 1000 treadmills, 2 squat racks and 3 smith machines... It's an awful, awful place.
    Go to bushy park and run the hills, do push ups and use the trees for pull ups.. its possibly the same distance and its free and far better.

If you do end up joining don't go between 5-7 in the evening, the place turns into a jungle!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Theres plenty of cardio equipment and if you do go in the morning the place is empty, its brilliant at that time, plenty of machines and free weights free. Agree with the not going between 5-7 though, it does get very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I'm happy with carlisle.

I mainly go during off peak times and use the free weights. There's three squats, not two as one poster said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭older i get better i was

The opening times have changed so much since the place started first, they're crap I just went to go for a swim and its closed at "9" on thurs and fri nites what a joke, they've also recently done away with the sauna and all the tv's on the machines and the standard of hygeine is also right down, shame it was nice when it opened..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭petroltimer

The opening times have changed so much since the place started first, they're crap I just went to go for a swim and its closed at "9" on thurs and fri nites what a joke, they've also recently done away with the sauna and all the tv's on the machines and the standard of hygeine is also right down, shame it was nice when it opened..

i'm a member down there since new year, what do they have for sauna\steamroom? i'm no expert on whats what i know a proper sauna is supposed to be wood paneled, but one of the two rooms is steamier than the other, but neither gets very hot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Doop

i'm a member down there since new year, what do they have for sauna\steamroom? i'm no expert on whats what i know a proper sauna is supposed to be wood paneled, but one of the two rooms is steamier than the other, but neither gets very hot

Sauna is the one that is wood panelled! its a dry heat.

The steamy one is the steam room, (not a dry heat!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭petroltimer

Doop wrote: »
    Sauna is the one that is wood panelled! its a dry heat.

The steamy one is the steam room, (not a dry heat!)

i was in both and did not see anyone woodpanelled i think, have you been at carisle recently? as other poster i think says sauna is gone

Advertisement