Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest in a Boards.ie SC2 cup

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I am up for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Shall we make this more interesting with each player throwing down say 5-10 euro, then winner takes all?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

No

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

gearoidof wrote: »
    No

LOLOLOLOLOL epic response

Yeah why put money down thats absolutely silly and will clearly deter people who don't feel confident playing the game, and it just makes it competitive over a laugh. The games not even out a month.

You can start talking about money at a later stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

id probably be interested as well.just bought the game,first time ever playing the legendary game.Loving the single player so far and will defo move onto multiplayer.Not looking forward to the first few games online when i get my ass handed to me

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Fol20 wrote: »
    id probably be interested as well.just bought the game,first time ever playing the legendary game.Loving the single player so far and will defo move onto multiplayer.Not looking forward to the first few games online when i get my ass handed to me
    Don't understand what people's fears are about the MP.... it's not going to bite you :P I jumped straight into the multiplayer. My placements were terrible. I won two games and the games I won I was against really really bad players. I lost to bad players who had little sense of what they were doing. I've just been playing 1v1 and watching my replays and taking my time and got up to 3 in the silver league starting from 90 in bronze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

This... will be interesting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

zoom! wrote: »
    Don't understand what people's fears are about the MP.... it's not going to bite you :P I jumped straight into the multiplayer. My placements were terrible. I won two games and the games I won I was against really really bad players. I lost to bad players who had little sense of what they were doing. I've just been playing 1v1 and watching my replays and taking my time and got up to 3 in the silver league starting from 90 in bronze.

Im not afraid of going online.usually i dont even bother with the campaign but for some reason, i like the campaign a good bit in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

zoom! wrote: »
    Don't understand what people's fears are about the MP.... it's not going to bite you :P

I dont know how it works in SC2 yet, but in past blizz rpg games, most notibaly WC3, the match making system is pretty strict in assigning your skill level, and its very hard to increase.

A regular feat would be when an account got into a bad shape stat wise, make a new account.

I ran through maybe 40 wc3 accounts easily. You should want to play the best so you can get better, but if you get off to a poor start, you will find it taking absolute ages until you get into some good ranked games against good opponents.

SC2 isnt any different, you just have to see how you can make more then one account within the Sc2 profiler. I fully expect most players already are on their second account and this will continue.

Just how these games work, and it will be only a matter of time before we get the padder accounts.

these are the guys when you check their profile are like 60-0 W/L, and probably on their tenth account. I remember me and a friend in Wc2 had an arranged 2v2 team 221-19 , it was only like the 20th account we made to do it though :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

AFAIK, they do a ladder reset every few months. I don't know if that resets everyone to placement matches or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i'd be up for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

Hey all,

So, SC2's out officially, and Boards.ie seems to have some proper discussion.
    I'd be interested in running a cup for boards, but before I do, It's always a good idea to gauge interest.

Details
    1on1 cup, rounds are best of 3, final is best of 5.
    Map choice via map elimination system.
    single elimination bracket, full placement (i.e. in a 16 player cup, everyone plays 4 games, so we have full rankings from 1-16)

If you're interested, just post a reply here, and state if you think the cup should be run in 1 night, or give players 3 days each round (and they can organize a time that suits between each other), either cup style works, night cups are easier generally, but players have to commit a full night to it.

join up with zoo0m @ [URL="irc://irc.quakenet.org/starcraft.ie"]#starcraft.ie [/URL]- irc.quakenet.org - and make it happen ! http://tinyurl.com/37jydeh

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Thanks rzelky, but he shouldn't need much help with his cup, it looks quite simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

Thanks rzelky, but he shouldn't need much help with his cup, it looks quite simple

referees/admins = help [for fun cups / mebbe semi-pro cups in the future ]
    new format/ruleset = help
    ideas = help
    promotion = help
    ripping final games and throwing them @ esp.ie utube channel:D = help

moar ppl there to help = success imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MistaMagoo

TheDoc wrote: »
    I dont know how it works in SC2 yet, but in past blizz rpg games, most notibaly WC3, the match making system is pretty strict in assigning your skill level, and its very hard to increase.

A regular feat would be when an account got into a bad shape stat wise, make a new account.

I ran through maybe 40 wc3 accounts easily. You should want to play the best so you can get better, but if you get off to a poor start, you will find it taking absolute ages until you get into some good ranked games against good opponents.

SC2 isnt any different, you just have to see how you can make more then one account within the Sc2 profiler. I fully expect most players already are on their second account and this will continue.

Just how these games work, and it will be only a matter of time before we get the padder accounts.

these are the guys when you check their profile are like 60-0 W/L, and probably on their tenth account. I remember me and a friend in Wc2 had an arranged 2v2 team 221-19 , it was only like the 20th account we made to do it though :O

Eh, you bought WC3 40 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Sounds like it will be good fun

Of course I am sure there will be the obligatory hardcore UK player who'll find it and just cruuuush us

Stingerbar wrote: »
    Sounds like it will be good fun

Of course I am sure there will be the obligatory hardcore UK player who'll find it and just cruuuush us

I'm in the UK, but I'm silver do don't worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

MistaMagoo wrote: »
    Eh, you bought WC3 40 times?
    You can make as many BNet accounts as you like in wc3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I'm also up for this...I know zooM was in touch with me online yesterday about a game this Thursday, which I cant make, but I'd be well up for the few rounds etc...

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    You can make as many BNet accounts as you like in wc3.

Ok, you cant in Sc2 ( well no without buying the game again anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I ranked up from bronze to silver yesterday. What ya gotta do is get to rank 1 in your division, then while at rank 1 you'll be matched up to players in the league above you, defeat a sufficient number of these and you'll go up a league :)

Advertisement