Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hundred mile week dream.

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

Sad news, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Terrible and tragic news, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Absolutely shocked by the news. It's just not on that someone so fit and healthy would be taken away just like that. R.I.P., run a great few races up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭runningcoach

Not sure what to write right now ...........so so sad.RIP Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Very sad news. My heart goes out to Eddies family and friends. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

I only met eddie once ,just before the Connemara ultra, so I couldn't claim to know him.A guy whose attitude Id love to emulate...he could have a laugh a chat and a smile for everybody... And a bloody good runner too!

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Aw shocking news. Eddie my heart sank when I read that post about your sad demise. I had the pleasure of running with yourself and Meno at the Breakfast Run in Barcelona on March 05th.

After all those thousands of miles, and hundreds of thousands of footsteps that you have run throughout Ireland (and beyond); some day on some run my foot will surely tread where yours has landed before me.

Heartfelt condolences to your family and friends.

Requiescant in Pace, Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Very sad news, R.I.P Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

After all those thousands of miles, and hundreds of thousands of footsteps that you have run throughout Ireland (and beyond); some day on some run my foot will surely tread where yours has landed before me.

Lovely thought. RIP Eddie. May your nearest and dearest find peace and comfort at this difficult time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Terrible news. Rest In Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

RIP Eddie, I wish you the most beautiful route to run whevever your special soul may be now. Its so sad to hear that such an active and vibrant member of our community can be taken so suddenly. I'm shocked and can only utter my sincerest condolences for his family, my heart goes out to them

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Wexican

Very sad news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Very sad news, RIP Eddie. My condolences to family and friends.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

aigster wrote: »
    I only met eddie once ,just before the Connemara ultra, so I couldn't claim to know him.A guy whose attitude Id love to emulate...he could have a laugh a chat and a smile for everybody... And a bloody good runner too!

RIP

I loved this post when I first read it, it's a real indication of what an effect Eddie had on those he met. This is one of my fondest thoughts of Eddie. He was always smiling, not only smiling, but beaming from ear to ear. A happier, friendlier, more positive and cheery man you couldn't meet. Never negative or downbeat, even when things didn't go to plan.

The fact someone who only met him once could see that aswell says a lot.

Some really touching posts in this thread, I'm sure it'll be a great comfort to his family to see how fond people were of him. I could write reams about Eddie, but I'll just copy over what I posted on Facebook for those who haven't seen it, as I'll only make myself cry if I try to do anymore. (and I never cry :pac: )

All those hours spent travelling to and from races together, all those miles run together were made all the better with you alongside. Thanks for all the smiles, the laughs, the support and motivation, the stories, the memories and the pre and post-race beers. Sleep well Edmundo - those roads are going to be a much lonelier place without you. 

R.I.P pal xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Leaba i measc na naomh do Eddie

Condolences to his family, friends and fellow boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

R.I.P. Eddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Rest in Peace Eddie and condolences to his family and all who knew him. I only knew the man in a virtual sense but admired his attitude to his running and from what people have said here his life.

Will be sadly missed by all

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

I only know eddie as a fellow boardsie and tipp man but he'll be a big loss to running and to Tipp......R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

So Sad. Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Very sorry to hear this news. RIP Eddie and condolences to your family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Condolences to all his family and friends and everyone on this forum he inspired, from all the GAA forum moderators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Rest in peace.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

T'was a great send off for Eddie today and an absolutely beautiful day for it. Good Boards and 100 marathon club turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Got word of Eddies passing while in Boston and was stunned to say the least.

Had the pleasure of meeting him a good few times including DCM 20101 post match analysis.

The photo that was posted during the week by Woddle sums him up as far as I am concerned.

Only got back this evening so missed funeral.

Sincere condolences to family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Eddie, I never met you in person but I have followed your adventures online. I am only after finding out about your sad passing and am shocked that someone so full of life and energy can be taken so soon.

My thoughts are with your family now and i can only hope that they can take some solace from the outpouring of true feeling from your friends here. You have touched the lives of those that had the pleasure of meeting you and those of us who only knew your online persona.

God speed and run your 100 miles every week in pease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Very sad news. Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Murraythree

Have never met Eddie but followed his 100 mile week dream with interest.
    Rest in peace and sincere condolences to Eddie's family and to all his friends on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭aero2k

I was really shocked and saddened when I heard the news of Eddie's passing. The pics and posts on this thread say it better than I can: although I only met him on a few occasions his love of life and running was obvious, and infectious.

Perhaps those of us who met him, or knew him from this forum, will carry a little of his spirit with us on our runs.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cloughilaw

Just a short note from someone who knew Eddie and played football alongside him.

The local community have organised a fun run in Eddie's honour on Sun. May 22nd, details can be found at the link

http://www.runireland.com/events/eddie-murphy-memorial-10k-pallasgreen-limerick

• Advertisement
Advertisement