Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Tonight 13th Aug - Dublin - Hairy Lemon - 9pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

kfallon wrote: »
    Where was the last one held?

Beers I mean...not a tranny :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Messr Maguires in Dublin.

Years since I was in there, remember getting a bogey pint and I haven't been back since. Is it still busy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Years since I was in there, remember getting a bogey pint and I haven't been back since. Is it still busy?

from time to time, it can be empty for ages then no reason at all it's packed. I just drink the home brews they have which generally arent too bad.

Had some great Sunday sessions in that place when I moved here about 10 years ago. Used to do a nice carvery too, I must go back again sometime for a pint!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

To be fair voting on the city/town was a bit flawed last time. Nominations should be got from user's for their preferred city/town. The 3 places with the most nominations would then be put to a poll to decide the location of the Beers night.

mstan wrote: »
    To be fair voting on the city/town was a bit flawed last time. Nominations should be got from user's for their preferred city/town. The 3 places with the most nominations would then be put to a poll to decide the location of the Beers night.

Alternatively we can save time on the vote, say it's in Dublin and get down to discussing the venue :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

mstan wrote: »

So what you're proposing is a vote to decide on what cities/towns will be put into the poll so we can then vote on where to hold the beers. :confused:

Wow, at that rate we should have a beers sorted by christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Not late September! I couldn't go to the last one and I really want to put faces to usernames.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Kiera wrote: »
    I love you!!!!

:D

I'm sure if we plyed someone with enough drink, we could get a good show going!

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭bm365

The Master wrote: »
    So what you're proposing is a vote to decide on what cities/towns will be put into the poll so we can then vote on where to hold the beers. :confused:

Jesus, its not rocket science. Thats how it was done for the TV Awards over in the Television fourm and Mr E had to do it for 20+ different categories. And your saying you cant do it for one category (deciding on a city/town for AH Beers):confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

We're away all week! :D

Will we order a cake?

Superquinns cake. OH YEAH.
    Hopefully I'll be let off the medical leash in time for this beer but be warned- I'm bringing some form of attack unit for any pesky spikers.

This will probably be a boot with a nail in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

alwaysadub wrote: »

Cash only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

Can we get this thread stickied?

danh789 wrote: »
    Can we get this thread stickied?

I'm not having a 'pedal' over it :eek:

Oh wait, I see what you're saying now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Cash only...

A euro do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Degsy wrote: »
    Its been a while since the last Beer and its high time we had more.

Date-wise i was thinking August sometime..maybe the mods can post a poll of dates and possible venues.

kewl!!!! and can we swap facebook details too. No offense there guys, but I have friends. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Is Tom OC gonna show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

oh cool sounds great...:D not sure I could make it though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

kjl wrote: »
    kewl!!!! and can we swap facebook details too. No offense there guys, but I have friends. :P

Wow you're so awesome :rolleyes:

I've got loadsa "real life" friends, but have met a whole other bunch of friends through boards and going to beers. No harm in it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

The Master wrote: »

. . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

am i approved for these coke and hoes "beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Boards beers are just an excuse for... beers. Do you not like beers? You non-buzzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Lets go beers!? When is this caper on? I've a few suggestions....karaoke, pyjamas party! Or just an ordinary drinking session!? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Oh look at you too cool for school....
    /thumbs up fonzi.

:rolleyes:

Lets go beers!? When is this caper on? I've a few suggestions....karaoke, pyjamas party! Or just an ordinary drinking session!? :cool:

I think getting leathered on the beer is prob best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I suppose you changed your mind about the boards sleepover aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Inquitus wrote: »
    Is Tom OC gonna show up?

there should be a night where people who were the subject of some cracking threads should be kidnapped and brought along.
    there's:
    billy with the gaff in rathgar (gaff is probably overdoing it)
    alison o'riordan
    tom o'c
    a roma gypsy selling roses
    dave mcsavage (for degsy only)

anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

there should be a night where people who were the subject of some cracking threads should be kidnapped and brought along.
    there's:
    billy with the gaff in rathgar (gaff is probably overdoing it)
    alison o'riordan
    tom o'c
    a roma gypsy selling roses
    dave mcsavage (for degsy only)

anyone else?

Good list. Brendan O'Connor? We can tie him to the bar and kick him up the arse everytime we have to get a round in.

Advertisement