Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum feedback and ideas to improve.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭OptimashPrime

So any suggestions?

Going lock this up at the weekend and we'll implement some changes.

hiya !

well there are some great threads already. i wouldn't call it twilight personally then thats just me. im new so im not really familiar with everything just yet but im gonna get reading. what kind of changes were you thinking of ? was it regarding the name of the forum or just ideas for new threads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The name changed was me joking :P

Have a look around around and get back to us. :)

some ideas for new forum names from me would be

Deadworld

The Horror Factory (my favorite)

The undead Diaries

The Howlers

Bed knobs broomsticks and all things occult

thats just a few ;)

The name changed was me joking :P

Have a look around around and get back to us. :)

woops, didnt guess that one lol

ill just have to start threads in those names so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I'd vote for trying to figure out a Zombie-related forum RPG game. Not quite sure how I'd run it but it would be fun to try.

Really I think I'd see it more as cooperative story telling and rely more on the story than on the metrics of what game system we'd use. I suppose we'd have to figure out something for combat, etc.

Otherwise - storyline, etc is no problemo.

Anyone with experience in running play by post games?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

actually, just in case someone in authority does suddenly decide to change the mane of the Forum I suggest

S urvivalist
    H ow
    T o
    F orum

or SHTF for Short;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

the undead forum

something as simple as that, I don't really wanna see too many changes but I liked the idea of allowing us to investigate into other such beings

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

what about an general 'spooky stuff forum' [incl those sparkly gits :<] and then a subforum for apocalypse survival tips? so all manner of magical or evil stuff can be discussed at a safe distance from the die-hard-survival-verging-on cold-war-gun-hoarding-kill-anything-that-moves people?

Would more people be in favour of a name change?

It would bring more traffic and a wider arena for discussion.

Maybe we need a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

Would more people be in favour of a name change?

It would bring more traffic and a wider arena for discussion.

Maybe we need a poll.

i know im new :-) but i think changing it to include a wider variety of undead, creepy and occult type things would definitely open it up to a wider audience

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I like the undead forum as a name.

Ok, time for change.

We will be cutting the number of stickies and rewriting the charter. If you want to have a say, now is the time :)

Ok, time for change.

We will be cutting the number of stickies and rewriting the charter. If you want to have a say, now is the time :)

The Twilight Forum it shall be... :p:p:p

Yeeps. Time for a revamp ladies and gents.

CYOA has been a nice add and will be back in full force soon. We do need to add some newer things however. Suggestions?

Cutting stickies is good - but shall we add Movie and Book lists as stickies? Wish we had some more granular control here to we could organize things a bit better. Hate too many stickies at the top gettin' in the way of things.

Not sure if you saw the mod memo Dakota but the tech guys want a max of 3 stickies in forums. Anymore screw up the new touch boards function.

I think charter should be simple. For example:

There are two types of people come Z Day, food and survivors. We welcome survivors, food gets banned.

The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    The Twilight Forum it shall be... :p:p:p

Good god, I'd let the zombies have me if that happened.
    Cutting stickies is good - but shall we add Movie and Book lists as stickies? Wish we had some more granular control here to we could organize things a bit better. Hate too many stickies at the top gettin' in the way of things.

I agree about too many stickies...but certain things should be stickied simply because there are people who don't bother to search the forum to see if there's already a thread on something...for example, how many weapon threads are there? If there was one stickied, that would solve that problem. Or the films thread...there's a couple of those floating about.

EDIT: Just saw what Micky said about the max of stickies...so I suggest maybe more merging of threads that already have a topic, like they do in other forums here.

Not sure if you saw the mod memo Dakota but the tech guys want a max of 3 stickies in forums. Anymore screw up the new touch boards function.

I think charter should be simple. For example:

There are two types of people come Z Day, food and survivors. We welcome survivors, food gets banned.

The end.

Yarg... no. Had not seen that. 1 sticky eaten up, pun intended, w/ our Charter so we'll just have 2 others. No problem. We'll work with it.

Agreed - we need a nice, simple mission statement.

...so I suggest maybe more merging of threads that already have a topic, like they do in other forums here.

Eeeeeew.... are you insinuating we need actual modding in this forum? :p:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Eeeeeew.... are you insinuating we need actual modding in this forum? :p:D:p

And here I was trying to be all subtle about it. :p

Advertisement