Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Nah she was a woman originally and then changed due to controversy over hitting women, and since then capcom like always, have struggled to maintain a continuity with her.

Also Sakura should be in her 20's by now,ya dig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Nah she was a woman originally and then changed due to controversy over hitting women, and since then capcom like always, have struggled to maintain a continuity with her.

Also Sakura should be in her 20's by now,ya dig?

I think that was before they gave her a proper concept design. She's always been regarded as a transsexual and always will be. That's what makes her unique, what people associate her with and what embodies her character and story arc. Plus Capcom confirmed it.

Chun Li must be about forty at this stage. I think Capcom gave up on DOBs after SSF2T. I always wondered how many years does SF III take place after SFII and SFIV. Ibuki seems to be in still in high school and Makoto looks pretty much the same age so they all must be within a few years of each other.

For SFV I'd like if they were bold enough to go down the Tekken 3/ Soul Calibur V route and have the story take place 15 years from the last sequel, with a middle aged Ryu, a mature Sakura and Makoto, and a protegee of Sagat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I think that was before they gave her a proper concept design. She's always been regarded as a transsexual and always will be. That's what makes her unique, what people associate her with and what embodies her character and story arc. Plus Capcom confirmed it.

Chun Li must be about forty at this stage. I think Capcom gave up on DOBs after SSF2T. I always wondered how many years does SF III take place after SFII and SFIV. Ibuki seems to be in still in high school and Makoto looks pretty much the same age so they all must be within a few years of each other.

For SFV I'd like if they were bold enough to go down the Tekken 3/ Soul Calibur V route and have the story take place 15 years from the last sequel, with a middle aged Ryu, a mature Sakura and Makoto, and a protegee of Sagat.
    Adon is a protegee of Sagat... ;)

But yes.
    I would like to see an actual, mature Sakura (as in, she's refined her wild style).

Yang and/or Yun (not necessarily both), with some refinements to their styles (maybe give them some more Chun/Gen moves).

And hermit Ryu as the true final boss -- no super powers, no crazyness. Just Ryu, on-point, making you work for every round.

Sadly, with Ono at the helm I don't think we'd ever get something this awesome -- he's a fanboy and not a great director IMHO.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Adon is a protegee of Sagat... ;)

But yes.
    I would like to see an actual, mature Sakura (as in, she's refined her wild style).

Yang and/or Yun (not necessarily both), with some refinements to their styles (maybe give them some more Chun/Gen moves).

And hermit Ryu as the true final boss -- no super powers, no crazyness. Just Ryu, on-point, making you work for every round.

Sadly, with Ono at the helm I don't think we'd ever get something this awesome -- he's a fanboy and not a great director IMHO.

True but Adon is a renegade who fights very differently to Sagat and I'd like to see a new, younger character with a similar style to Sagat who's loyal to him. I like the idea of Yun and Yang evolving into a hybrid fighting style of Chunners and Gen. Yeah Ryu as the final boss after being trained by Oro in the wilderness for years would be really cool. Maybe Mel, Ken's son as a new fighter with a similar moveset to Ken. Would be pretty cool to have the older NPC characters making a cameo in the prologues and epilogues...maybe Chunners and Cammy as secret characters, as Cammy was 18 when she was introduced to the series and Chun Li was in her early 20s, so they wouldn't be that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Doyler01 wrote: »

I really thought this was shaping up to be a good game.
    Please don't inflict this Sh1te upon us Capcom...FFS

• Advertisement

I really like the way it's shaping up. Far better than UMVsC 3 imo.

Yeah same..I think it has serious potential.I'm a bit iffy about the chain combo mechanic,but this 4 players on screen malarkey is a serious pile of crap.Is a 6 year old leading the development team?

Yeah same..I think it has serious potential.I'm a bit iffy about the chain combo mechanic,but this 4 players on screen malarkey is a serious pile of crap.Is a 6 year old leading the development team?

I loved chain combos from Darkstalkers and Street fighter Alpha 1 so this game is like mana from heaven to me. Not too sure about the four players simultaneously on screen either though... We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I loved chain combos from Darkstalkers and Street fighter Alpha 1 so this game is like mana from heaven to me. Not too sure about the four players simultaneously on screen either though... We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

Chain combos are fun when they're not in SF.

They lasted exactly one game in their unrestricted form.

Sf games are generally about short, high execution combos, which is why I like them.

Yeah we will.. I like chain combos too but I'm getting the feeling the game play in this will rely on them to much.
    I just don't want them to feck it up..forget the gimmicks and make sf4 with tekken characters.It's not that hard

• Advertisement

I think they're trying to make it as accessible and universal as possible to appeal to fans of both series.
    SSFIV and SF2 hyper had the perfect learning curve for me. Easy to get into but hard to master with amazing depth. I personally didn't like MVsC 3 because the combo system was so intricate and counter intuitive. Same with BlazBlue, albeit to a lesser extent.

For me, personally, an Alpha 1 style combo system is the lesser of two evils when compared to a MVsC 3 combo system.

I think they're trying to make it as accessible and universal as possible to appeal to fans of both series.
    SSFIV and SF2 hyper had the perfect learning curve for me. Easy to get into but hard to master with amazing depth. I personally didn't like MVsC 3 because the combo system was so intricate and counter intuitive. Same with BlazBlue, albeit to a lesser extent.

That doesn't make much sense, magic series combos are a marvel thing. If you want it to feel like SSFIV and especially 2, you want links and special cancels.

What's a magic series combo? I never really got into the intricacies of fighting games in depth as much most people here, even though I love playing them.

What's a magic series combo? I never really got into the intricacies of fighting games in depth as much most people here, even though I love playing them.

It's another name for chain combos, specifically light-medium-heavy ones!

They are like a chain combo but unique to each character in Marvel.

Anyway I thought the point of this version was to pull in the street fighter fans,not make it universally appealing.
    The next version,Tekken x sf will have the job of capturing the Tekken audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Some info on the Cross Assault and a few other things:
    Cross Assault in Street Fighter X Tekken

Important Note: This system is still being tweaked, and may change. This is the 3/4 player attack option in Street Fighter X Tekken you've seen in a few videos. It's activated by doing a quarter-circle away and pressing both Medium Attack buttons. Once activated, your Super bar turns into a timer and your teammate runs out on screen to help you attack.

• While the timer is going, both of your teammates are now controlled by you, they're not computer controlled as some people have speculated.

• You have control over one character until you return the joystick to a neutral state, and then control will automatically return to your other player.

• You can do attacks that last a long time with one fighter, return the joystick to a neutral state while the initial character's attacks are still going, get control of your second fighter and setup some wicked damage and reset situations.

• Just like in the Vs. series, both characters can be hit when doing a Cross Assault.

More Street Fighter X Tekken

• SFxT is faster than a SF game, Seth feels like Dhalsim is faster too, but he's not sure if this is a side-effect of how the game plays or if Dhalsim is actually faster.

• Meter is required to do some of the "really interesting stuff" in SFxT, from how to tag your character out, creating setups to do the most damage, etc.

• No tag team super combos in SFxT currently. They were in an early version of the game, but they're no longer in there, they could be coming back, though.

• Seth said it's a good idea to have some boundaries for crossover games. There's plenty of crossover games that are sitting in the graveyard that went too far, and some of the draw of these games is having some limits on the franchises involved.

• Poison's move set is based on her attacks from Final Fight, although there's new stuff because the enemies in that game didn't have a lot of attacks.

• Rolento doesn't fit UMvC3, but maybe SFxT. There's definitely some Rolento love, but maybe not Rolento character love, though.
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/22/seth-details-current-cross-assault-feature-34-player-option-sfxt/

Cross Assault, as it stands, sounds like something that'll be hard to master, but very powerful once you do. A bit like Custom Combos, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

167009-street-fighter-alpha-2-playstation-screenshot-assisted-by.png
    117308-51294-rolento_super.jpg

rolento is the sickest character in the sf series, great character design, some of his supers were pretty class, not a big fan of his specials however but definitley worthy character to be included

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Characters:

Capcom:
    Ryu
    Ken
    Chun li
    Guile
    Dhalsim
    Cammy
    Abel
    Poison

Hugo
    Haggar
    Cody
    Guy
    Sodom

Namco:
    Kazuya
    Nina
    King
    Bob
    Marduk
    Steve
    Yoshimitsu

Am I missing any?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Julia and hworang on the tekken side init.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Placebo wrote: »
    167009-street-fighter-alpha-2-playstation-screenshot-assisted-by.png

One of my favourite moves in all of fighting games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dan has once again been confirmed not to be in SFxT and now he's joined by Anna Williams on the not-in-SFxT pile.
    Ono said so in a short interview he did with Siliconera.

http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/07/27/dan-and-anna-deconfirmed-for-street-fighter-x-tekken/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Not worried about Dan but no Anna is a wee bit disappointing.

Obviously everybody can't make the cut but the old "But Nina's already in" reasoning doesn't really cut it when Ryu and Ken are in the game, the Williams sisters have diverged at least as much as the shotos.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No Anna?
    Damn, no crazy psycho whore.

So, Kuma and Ibuki, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Kuma the beast

Ibuki's a good match, she's all targét combos anyway.

Kuma, they better put Gief in now!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Pics and links please..

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

A quick combo demonstration

• Advertisement

lol, check out combo machine Guile :D

Well, I guess he was always a combo machine, in the right hands.

Advertisement