Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do you spend?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

During TBC I was probably clocking up more hours playing WoW than I was asleep or in work (Full time job) each week. I would arrive in from work about 6pm and would be online until 2am easily, sleep from then until about 8-9am, and then go to work. Repeat as necessary.

Probably a few nights when I'd go on a PvP marathon and not sleep, so go from work -> WoW -> work -> WoW -> Sleep.

Was also playing on my lunchbreak from work. :(

Weekends, especially if I had nothing to do would be anything between 6-12 hours a day. That's a grand total of up to 60 hours a week playing wow, and that doesn't include spending time in work on WoW forums... When it gets me, it gets me BAD.

Thank god wrath was such a pile of crap. I'd hardly spend 12 hours a week on it now, let alone in a single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

song-chart-memes-have-girlfriend.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

At the start, llike lotsa peeps, I was on WoW for easily 6-17 hours a day...at one point when I wasn't working, I was logged on for 14 hours...it was insane...but i loved it lol :P

That didn't last too long luckily enough, I have enough commitments that I had to be outta the house!

As of late, I've chilled out a lot...I have a 3 80's and my rogue is just gone 78...

I really only play one or 2 nights a week and on weekends for a couple of hours, and I have a new found enjoyment with it! I'm enjoying levelling and not getting involved in petty arguements with stupid people in random hc's and raids. Most of my guild have moved on and even quit, so I'm playinga lot of solo stuff now! I'll do a bunch of quests, some pvp and maybe a daily random and thats about it! The days of farming for me are over!

I am looking forward to levelling a few of my low lvl alts but will wait for cata, so I can try all the new quests etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Justask wrote: »
    I had a chat today with my son and we cam to a deal that hes going to play it for 1 hour a day and 2 at the weekend!
    He'll never reach 80 at that rate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Honestly, if I could go back now and tell my mother to take the computer from my room and limit my play when I first started playing, then I would. It can really help sever friendships and ultimately ruin your social life. A grown man/woman does have the sense to limit their play and not make it an unhealthy addiction, but my teenage self and any teenage player can't. If you limit (not stop) his play, then he'll definitely thank you later on in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Now i am 24, i live together with misses for allmoust 6 years. got a full time job for the last 5 years. So i am not a troll living in mums basement. :o

playing wow for 4 years now.

When i got it i was playing every day after work. If my misses and my day off dont match, then i ussually was spending it with my pc anyway :D

On my day off i can spend up 6-7 hours of playing if we do something with the lads. Some days i might not even log in. Really random...

13 year old fella wount be in raiding giulds at this stage anyway, so i presume 2h per day is allright, maybe 3-4 on weekends would do aswell.

They say it eats out your soul and you losse all your friends becouse of this game, but i actually have to disagree with it. Its is addictive thing, but same as smoking, alcohol, drugs, cars. So if you are weak to ressist to it, then dont blame game for it.

i found loads of friends in wow, in fact i am going to northen ireland tonight for a weakend to our meet up with our giuldies. I met them in game, and now we are really good friends in real life. this is going to be our 3 giuld meet too :D.

Dont be afraid of your kid playing game, i would prefer my kid sitting at home playing wow, then sitting on the bench in downtown with hell knows who and hell knows what in his mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

i always loved computer games - wen't through a completely denial phase where i said i didn't liked them but i always loved them - and i always spent loads of hours in front of the computer playing...

... i remember doing the counterstrike marathons of 24h playing... medal of honor/half life/call of duty/halo/unreal tournament almost until my eyes bleed (oh what can i say, i was young and stupid)...

... i've also found time for my girlfriend + friends, to finish network administration course, airsoft, bodyboard/surf, paintball, bass guitar/drums (which i still do nowadays), djing (which i still do nowadays) and free-ride/downhill mountain biking...

if your kid want to spend a lot of time playing computer games, i would steer some of that computer enthusiasm towards scripting/programing - you never know if the next linus torvalds isn't seated at your dinner table (yeah, i hate windows - so what?)...

and you know what ? i rather spend 100e in a mouse + mouse pad then a few pints and a pack of smokes... i rather be fighting internet dragons then fist-fights at supermacs door at 3am in a saturday night...

i believe it's not what time you have to do stuff, it's what you do with that time... i like the way i manage mine... i play 2 to 4 hours per day and 3 to 5 during the weekends... some of the stuff above was left behind, but what really matters to me (girlfriend + friends, bass guitar, raiding with my real friends in wow) i will always fit in my schedule...

put it this way, if you really want to do something you will always find the time to do it...

not sure if this helps but wanted to leave my opinion...

p.s. - i moved from portugal to galway almost 6 years ago - an online game is what keeps me close to some of the best people i've ever met in my life in between the flights we take to get a chance to see each other...

Advertisement