Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Just check now..

Aussie Pink Floyd is all seated, OCS is standing/seated. PM me if you want any more help;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What's it like? I'm thinking of buying a ticket to see the Darkness but there only seems to be upper circle tickets left. I've never been in that section, what's it like? Is it seated? What's the view like?

I was only in the upper circle for one gig, and didn't like it...yes, it is seated but you'll be looking down at the tops of their heads....I suppose if you're very keen to go , it's an option....but I would look at the links below to see If I could get a ticket for a better view.Good luck;)

http://http://www.toutless.com/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=5f4f045f502da170c958a8736ff51469

http://http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/tickets/62

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Was i the upper circle on Weds last. You can see but it's not great. If everybody is seated (as opposed to jumping up and down) I would recommend going a few rows back from front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Not too keen on the Upper Circle either tbh. Wouldn't mind if it was a West End style production but for a live gig, I'd avoid it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

I'm afraid it is pretty crap. If it is unreserved seating, get in early and get the front seats.

If you are at the back you can't see a thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Savman wrote: »
    Not too keen on the Upper Circle either tbh. Wouldn't mind if it was a West End style production but for a live gig, I'd avoid it personally.

I've been in the Upper Circle 3 times, once for a play and twice for a gig. It was kind of annoying for the play because there was some stuff in the background you couldn't see. I didn't mind it too much for the gigs, especially for Florence + The Machine. The gig was so good, it didn't feel like I was in the Upper Circle at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Haven't been to a concert at the olympia in years - can anyone confirm (either from personal or anecdotal experience) are they ok with bringing in cameras ?

Not a camera phone to record the whole thing but I am talking about a digital SLR with a big lens ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

more than likely you will meet problems when they see an SLR with a fu*koff lens.
    Maybe contact the promoter of the gig to find out more, maybe request a press pass or something like that.
    Also the folks over at the Photography forum will know more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Anything with a detachable lens is considered a professional camera at concerts so it won't be allowed in, if you really want it bring in something like a 50mm and put it under a jacket or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Olivia_D

Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a job in the O2 doing tickets, working at the stands/shops, selling drinks around the arena? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Anyone know how to get these? I was there for The Naked and Famous last night and some people gave their name inside the door to be given a wristband that allowed access into the pit area. I'm going to The Coronas in December in the same venue and was wondering how I might be able to get myself down for these wristbands!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Olivia_D wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a job in the O2 doing tickets, working at the stands/shops, selling drinks around the arena? Thanks!

Ring them and ask: http://www.theo2.ie/contact-us/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

lavine7 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get these? I was there for The Naked and Famous last night and some people gave their name inside the door to be given a wristband that allowed access into the pit area. I'm going to The Coronas in December in the same venue and was wondering how I might be able to get myself down for these wristbands!

Thanks!

Get there early and queue up. You can just walk in and up to the bouncers at the front area and they hand them out.

Once you've got them you're set - you can get up and down to the bar really easily along the side (which is always kept clear) without the hassle of pushing through the crowd with your pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ms_jennifer

hey,

ive jst bein told that 1 direction are going to be at jedwards family fun day this sunday!!! is this true?? i heard they are goin 2 be here like in ireland but does anyone no if they are goin to the basketball arena in tallagh???!!

please some1 wb! <3 i only joined this to ask so plz wb cos i love 1 direction!!

jen xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rogpodge

Does anyone know if you can buy a seated ticket in the O2 and then just get into the standing area. Ive only been there once with a standing ticket and from what I remember it was really open so I assume you would be able.

Anyone ever done it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Rogpodge wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy a seated ticket in the O2 and then just get into the standing area. Ive only been there once with a standing ticket and from what I remember it was really open so I assume you would be able.

Anyone ever done it?

Possible but not easy, they check tickets at entrance to standing area, but I managed to do it once or twice when they were distracted with other punters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Rogpodge wrote: »

Anyone ever done it?

You could ask the O2 angels at the desk if anyone wants to swap tickets. We were looking for seated tickets for Rihanna and would have swapped our standing ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rogpodge

Thanks guys! Gonna risk it and get standing tickets for Kasabian Saturday night I reckon, dont fancy sitting for it so will hopefully work something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Rhiannon.x

Hey guys,

I'm going to see Foster The People on Monday and we have tickets for the circle as there was none for standing left. I'm just wondering has anyone ever gotten into standing with a seated ticket or do you think if we arrive early enough in the queue they might allow us to stand?

Thanks a million for the help.

xo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Rhiannon.x wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm going to see Foster The People on Monday and we have tickets for the circle as there was none for standing left. I'm just wondering has anyone ever gotten into standing with a seated ticket or do you think if we arrive early enough in the queue they might allow us to stand?

Thanks a million for the help.

xo

More than likely no.

You will have to go up there but may be able to sneak down. It's a lot harder to do in the Olympia than in Vicar Street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rhiannon.x

More than likely no.

You will have to go up there but may be able to sneak down. It's a lot harder to do in the Olympia than in Vicar Street though.

Alrighty, well thanks for the help. Hopefully we'll find some way anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,907 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Hi, I'm planning on going to a gig at the Button Factory tomorrow evening to see Thurston Moore play.

I've never been there before so I'm just wondering what to expect. So, if you have gone there before what is it like and is it a good venue for live music? Also, the doors open at half 7 so what time should i expect the show to end at?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JordyWordy

Good venue, but can get very full very quick. so get n early and get yourself a spot near the front, it can get very chatty in the back half (nearer the bar)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If it's a big crowd, the place can be extremely hot!! Dress lightly and leave coat at the cloakroom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Great little venue, have been there three times recently to see Stephen Malkmus, Battles and Yuck. Support acts tend to begin at half 8 with the main band starting at half 9. Usually ends around 11!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Very very sweaty, they have air conditioning but they don't seem to use it. Its a decent little venue apart from that if the crowd are into it, nightmare if you get a chatty crowd! (As has been said before, get near the front to stop this!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Gigs & Events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

tall firs are due on at around 8pm tonight. Be aware that it will be noisy at the back as this is where the clowns who talk all through gigs in the button factory cluster together

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

I've been to a couple of gigs there lately,and the sound had been top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭iheartthailand

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting replacement tickets from ticketmaster? lost my tickets (bought online) and gig is on Tuesday.

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting replacement tickets from ticketmaster? lost my tickets (bought online) and gig is on Tuesday.

thanks!

Just phone them and say they've not turned up, you'll prob have to pick them up at Box Office though

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

Can somebody tell me can you buy english tickets on ticketmaster.ie? Am I better off going on ticketmaster.co.uk? thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chibiduku

Hey! New to these boards, so bare with me! :p
    I'm just after getting tickets to Olly Murs for Christmas (early days I know!) in the O2 Dublin in February.
    The only ones left were:
    Seat location: section BLOCKH, row 53, seats 49-50
    Could someone show me on the seating plan on the O2 website where abouts these seats are? I'd do it myself only I don't understand the rows from the seat numbers... (bit slow at these things!!)
    Please help me out if you can, and if you know if they're decent enough seats?

• Advertisement

Hey! New to these boards, so bare with me!
    I'm just after getting tickets to Olly Murs for Christmas (early days I know!) in the O2 Dublin in February.
    The only ones left were:
    Seat location: section BLOCKH, row 53, seats 49-50
    Could someone show me on the seating plan on the O2 website where abouts these seats are? I'd do it myself only I don't understand the rows from the seat numbers... (bit slow at these things!!)
    Please help me out if you can, and if you know if they're decent enough seats?

BlueIsland wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me can you buy english tickets on ticketmaster.ie? Am I better off going on ticketmaster.co.uk? thanks.
    Yeah! Best going to the .co.uk website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

You are in the balcony at the side, i marked it red for you.

12901s.jpg

Thank you SO much!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭I_ENJOY_BATHS

I'm going to see Bombay Bicycle Club tomorrow night (6th Dec) in Vicar st., as I've never been to a gig in the venue before I had a couple of questions;

how long would it take to walk from O'Connell st. to Thomas st.? would it be more worthwhile getting a 123 or something?

And also, the gig is over 14s, but on the ticket it states that under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, myself and my girlfriend are going, we are both 16, will this be a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Has anyone used bandstand.ie? are they safe/ reliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I'm going to see Bombay Bicycle Club tomorrow night (6th Dec) in Vicar st., as I've never been to a gig in the venue before I had a couple of questions;

how long would it take to walk from O'Connell st. to Thomas st.? would it be more worthwhile getting a 123 or something?

And also, the gig is over 14s, but on the ticket it states that under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, myself and my girlfriend are going, we are both 16, will this be a problem?

From O'Connell Street about 15/20 minutes depending how fast you walk. Sometimes the 123 doesn't go all the way up, it stops at a terminus at Parnell Street sometimes. You should be grand getting in.

Warrior011 wrote:
    Has anyone used bandstand.ie? are they safe/ reliable?

I've not used it myself but bands promote using it (Aslan I've seen only the other day) So I'm imagining it is safe to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

CiaranK wrote: »
    From O'Connell Street about 15/20 minutes depending how fast you walk. Sometimes the 123 doesn't go all the way up, it stops at a terminus at Parnell Street sometimes. You should be grand getting in.

I've not used it myself but bands promote using it (Aslan I've seen only the other day) So I'm imagining it is safe to use.

thanks for that, it was actually the aslan gig i wanted to book tickets for but wasn't sure because i'd never heard of it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Anyone know the price of a pint in the Olympia heading to Trailer park boys next week thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 imkayleigh

Anyone have any suggestions of good venues/pubs to play (paid gigs) around Dublin/Kilkenny/Kildare/Laois?? Or anywhere close to these areas? I'm from Carlow, and in college in Maynooth. Traveling to gigs shouldn't be a problem provided they're not more than 2 hours away.
    Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

Hi,
    bought this deal back in september, its valid til end of february next year, and i am lookin for two tickets for sinead o connor on sunday night at the olympia for my mothers christmas present.

this is what she would like rather than the night in a hotel.
    any offers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

Any good gigs taking place in January 2012?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

gussieg wrote: »
    Hi,
    bought this deal back in september, its valid til end of february next year, and i am lookin for two tickets for sinead o connor on sunday night at the olympia for my mothers christmas present.

this is what she would like rather than the night in a hotel.
    any offers ?

You might be better off going to toutless.com with that offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Looking for information on Whelan's. I've never been and I was wondering what the venue is like - is it sitting around tables or standing listening to the gig or is it a full on theatre style seated venue? What's the usual capacity? Tickets are around €20 and are listed as 'general admission'.

Any concert I've been to over the last few years have been in The Point or Croke Park so I've completely lost any sense of what the smaller gigs are like :o. Any info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

datk wrote: »
    Looking for information on Whelan's. I've never been and I was wondering what the venue is like - is it sitting around tables or standing listening to the gig or is it a full on theatre style seated venue? What's the usual capacity? Tickets are around €20 and are listed as 'general admission'.

Any concert I've been to over the last few years have been in The Point or Croke Park so I've completely lost any sense of what the smaller gigs are like :o. Any info would be appreciated.

If it's the downstairs its basically a rectangle shape. Stage is at the top as and everybody stands. There is a little area to the side and a balcony but for the most part you'll be no more than 15-20 feet from the stage. Pretty good if you don't mind getting squashed and sweaty.

Edit: cap is 250/300 I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement