Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Screens! *** Read Mod Note in Initial Post First!!! ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I used BetterCut to change the icons. That's a paid app so you need to be rooted to get it from the market but I just found the apk online.

The icons are Buuf icons. I got them here.

I'm using LancherPro with a custom dock background. If you want that let me know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

device1w.pngdevice2n.pngdevice3v.png

What's the weather widget your using Mr.E? On the third screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

What are those news widgets on the second screen? As always, do I need to be rooted?

Also Mr E... did you open the ill-fated "Mr. E" store in Arthur's Quay? ;)

The News Widgets are separate apps in the market (one for games, one for tech news, one for mobile news and one for Film/TV news). Search for "mippin" in the market to see them all in one place. They have the word "Buzz" in their names.

The Weather widget (both the satellite map and summary above it) are from Weather Bug Elite (paid app in market)

If you're looking for a nice background, grab Mabilo Wallpapers. Download some wallpapers to give you a selection (thousands to choose from). The ones you like will be saved on your SD card. Uninstall it again when you're finished.

And no, I'm not that Mr. E. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Where do you guys get the 7 settings widget. I'm using the standard 5 settings one and a separate 1x1 widget for mobile internet so would be nice to combine them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

Sorry for the semi derail - but for those of us who are little slow on the uptake, does anyone have any links to some decent skinning guides?

Sorry for the semi derail - but for those of us who are little slow on the uptake, does anyone have any links to some decent skinning guides?

Do you mean changing the icons and wallpaper etc?

You need a deodexed ROM to be able to skin your phone properly (i.e. change all assets). With a stock ROM, you can only change the basics (wallpaper, icons with a 3rd party app etc.)

Here is a topic about what to do to skin your phone:
    http://android-devs.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

M450 wrote: »
    Where do you guys get the 7 settings widget. I'm using the standard 5 settings one and a separate 1x1 widget for mobile internet so would be nice to combine them :)

SwitchPro Widget

I used BetterCut to change the icons.
    The icons are Buuf icons.
    Nice find, I quite like the Buuf icons and there's an absolute ton of them too!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What are you using on the first screen for the clock?

Beautiful Widgets (a paid app in the market)

The skin for the clock and the weather is called DirtyPaper (both downloaded separately from the BW config screen). Widget transparency is switched on, so the background shows through.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

Mr E wrote: »
    device1w.pngdevice2n.pngdevice3v.png

where did you get the clock widget?

See my previous post (Beautiful Widgets)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

sorry took a while to reply and the others were in!!
    anyway very nice,, got an apk for beautiful widgets as i cant get paid apps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Lots of great looking screens above there :)

Mine is still a work in progress. Prefer the minimalist look with the background.

screenshot14wp.th.png screenshot11o.th.png screenshot15s.th.png

(Click image to enlarge)

How do the counters for data, minutes and SMS work, Vokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

0a7f6c38.png

331173f1.png

d1f34b71.png

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

What's the widget with the football fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

apologies, should have explained:

The footy fixtures is just a calendar widget thats free from the market called calwidget. It allows fully customizable colors. I just synced the footy fixtures with my google calendar.

The power control widget comes with OpenDesire, its very customizable.

The battery widget is battstat (people should be familiar with that)

The icons come from Tron theme (paid theme €1) for ADW Launcher, thus the launcher is ADW.

The clock comes from Beautiful Widgets (paid app)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Mr E wrote: »
    How do the counters for data, minutes and SMS work, Vokes?
    It's a DroidStats widget.

You set your contract's monthly minutes, sms' and data quotas, and those widgets will decrement accordingly (there is a configurable refresh interval). The App allows you setup patterns for the sort of phone numbers that qualify for your free quotas - so when DroidStats is first configured it will analyze your call log and sms log to see how much has already been used.

I haven't setup the pattern matching for the phone numbers correctly yet, so the widgets for mins / sms still show my full quota. The Data one is working fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Found this style of homescreen on XDA the other day. There's a huge amount of customization that you can do and I think it looks pretty cool!:o

Any way here's my attempt, it's still a work in progress but I'm pretty pleased so far. The background is just temporary. Although it looks darker and overall better on the phone. Same thing could be said for the dock.
    H6-1.jpgH5-1.jpgH1-1.jpgH2-1.jpgH4-1.jpg

There's also a few other designs and concepts by the same guy on his DeviantArt page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

you tried the WP7 style homepage :) looks nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

you tried the WP7 style homepage :) looks nice :)

What are you even doing in the Android forum? Nobody wants to talk about Windows mobile here, sorry!

Oh here's my screen..

attachment.php?attachmentid=128226&stc=1&d=1284942385

Dave147 wrote: »
    What are you even doing in the Android forum? Nobody wants to talk about Windows mobile here, sorry!

before you get into flamming you should know that, that theme styling idea derrived from Windows phone 7 metro design. if you don't wanna talk about it take it off...

oh and sorry did you not know most windows phones can dual boot? i got froyo ubuntu and windows under a 4.3" screen ... eat my dust fan boy

Yes I'm aware they can dual boot, but if you want an Android phone so bad just buy an Android phone.

Blah blah, I'm a tolerant person but all your posts are so bloody annoying..

ha give an Android phone that can do as much as mine.

hey sorry man i found you annoying too but i don't go crying about it.

and I'm not dual booting triple booting. maybe wp7 soon too

Lol you didn't find me annoying, my posts aren't childish and annoying yours are. Welcome to the ignore list.

• Advertisement

ur the child here. starting something stupid over me complimenting a bloody theme lol.hehe have fun wondering what i just posted :)

heres the article about the theme

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/android-hdpi-wp7-layout/

Advertisement