Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car colour

Options
  • 22-07-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Was listening to a coversation in a garage whilst collecting my car and it was interesting. It was two lads discussing what colour car they would not buy. Surprising enough there women seemed to disagree and in fact seemed happy with most colours. They all seemed to agree that they did not like white

Now out of sheer curiosity what colour car would you most likely not buy.

as there is so many I have tried to list what is popular.

This question is multiple choice...

Which colour car would you not consider buying. 251 votes

Red
    0% 0 votes
    Yellow
    3% 9 votes
    Orange ish
    17% 44 votes
    Blue
    13% 33 votes
    Green
    1% 5 votes
    Brown
    11% 29 votes
    Purpleish
    19% 49 votes
    Black
    14% 37 votes
    Grey
    3% 10 votes
    White
    5% 13 votes
    Silver
    8% 22 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Red or Silver but definately never ever couldn't and wouldn't buy silver. Hate the colour! Oh there is meant to be a poll? Will come back in a min so!

Edit......Hey....no silver!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Yellow, Orange, Brown, Purple, White

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Depends on the car some cars like the last mk5 golf Gti looked great in white while others look horrible in white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

who made these votes

wimmins.?

yellow and white..?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

depends on the car really, a jordan civic in yellow is nice, a mondeo in yellow however looks like devil puke, but brown on any car is wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The one color Id avoid at all costs on any car is brown. After that it depends on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Wouldn't go for a brown car either,

as the lad in Reservior Dogs puts it: "Mr. Brown: I]after Joe assigns names[/I Yeah, yeah, but "Mr. Brown"? That's little too close to "Mr. Shít".

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

As said above I think white is totally dependant on the car. Base models never look well in white, but look at a Golf GTI or M3 in white and it's a whole different story.

The extra black/red bits on the GTI set off the white nicely.

I generally think the 5 door Audi A3 is a terrible looking thing but saw one earlier in S-line trim with the darker grey alloys and it was much better looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

all depends on the car

this
    WHITE%20BMW.jpg

vs this
    white_hyundai.jpg

the only car in yellow worth another look at, well several good looks in fact is this specimen

http://www.snailsonsteroids.co.za/downloads/wallpapers/Lamborghini%20Murcielago%201%20-%201024x768.jpg

as for white, the only nice white is a DC5 Teg, maybe the golf GTi also.

for normal cars, greyish silver, black, blue, ferrari red and the like are grand colours

• Advertisement

Was listening to a coversation in a garage whilst collecting my car and it was interesting. It was two lads discussing what colour car they would not buy. Surprising enough there women seemed to disagree and in fact seemed happy with most colours. They all seemed to agree that they did not like white

women dont have a clue about car colours, they are more concerned about if their boots go with it or craic like that.
    they buy whites, pink, erm browns..

no bother like

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

women dont have a clue about car colours, they are more concerned about if their boots go with it or craic like that.

no bother like

If you want to be insulting, go away and do it somewhere else

OP: I wouldn't like grey, white or black - partly for upkeep and partly because you CANNOT see them in the mirrors on a bad day!!
    From the poll - wouldn't pick orange, yellow, brown or purple...
    A nice blue or green please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

id be adding silver to that list , hate it, so boring a colour

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

no bother like
    We don't welcome sexism here, banned for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am sorry I cannot add silver. Mind you my first car was stone grey skoda silver and i loved it..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've added silver to the poll for you.

As others have said, it depends on the car. But I'm finding it hard to imagine brown being a good colour (excluding bronze). I don't mind silver on a car, but I've had three silver cars now, so would rather something different.

@bluewolf - use the report button next time please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I think it depends on the car really. I wouldnt count out any colour unless I knew what car the colour was going on.
    Like BROWN sounds like a horrible colour for a car, and it has the most votes so far, but when put into perspective I think it looks the business on something like this.........

Brown_car.jpg:D

But then what do I know................I like the mustard colour M3.....:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's a good example Dean09.

I think the mustard yellow M3 is called Phoenix Yellow. I like it as well, but could see how people really don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

eoin wrote: »
    That's a good example Dean09.

I think the mustard yellow M3 is called Phoenix Yellow. I like it as well, but could see how people really don't.

Thats it. I couldnt remember the proper name for it. Yeah its kind of a marmite colour alright, you either love it or hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I would try to avoid silver, but it is not listed...

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »
    I would try to avoid silver, but it is not listed...

Yes it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dont like silver either unless the sills and lower bumper are colour coded. I like bright red which will be on my new car when i buy it....

2010-audi-s4_100168190_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Green is supposed to be unlucky
    and
    Brown is Yucky

Both those I would not dream of

White FTW :D

skoda-octavia-rs--tdi-pd-engine-2007-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Yellow or orange - they only suit lambo or ferrari and you'd have to be an awfully big tosser to buy one in that colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Personally, I try to avoid silver as much as possible as its too common.
    Every 2nd car you see on the roads is silver, are we colour blind as a nation or what?
    Also Black is almost as common, however on some models it looks well.
    I like Blue, Red, some Greys and certain shades of Green.
    I admit I like the orange on the Focus ST.
    Not so sure about Brown, could work on some models.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Yellow or orange - they only suit lambo or ferrari and you'd have to be an awfully big tosser to buy one in that colour!

Never consider the colour myself but I think the ST looks good in orange!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Surprised none of the lads has said that they WOULDNT POSSIBLY go for pink....Like surely thats the first rule of car colour discrimination...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I wouldn't buy silver because technically it's not a colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

when i say colours like brown i mean varients. Sorry. Should have said that.. Heroic fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Purple, green, brown, and orange.

Advertisement