Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Parking Note on Windshield from Guards

Options
  • 22-07-2010 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Hi

Got a note on my windshield i'd be receiving a fixed notice for parking illegally today

Grand, except I wasn't. I parked at the side of the road alongside the path, in between a row of cars that were also parked there. No yellow lines, no notice to say no parking. Absolutely nothing at all that says I can't park there

What's the story with this? I honestly park in the correct areas, and don't park all over the place, so if I had seen a no parking sign I wouldn't have parked there!

Any thoughts? Could I go to a garda station and tell them that nowhere does it say I can't park and there are no yellow lines? I also didn't notice anyone else getting anything.

I also checked btw and wasn't blocking any access. Nothing unusual

Thanks

Comments

Near a junction, pedestrian crossing, narrow street with continuos white line ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Did you take photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I'd put money on it being a clearway. Staggering the amount of people that have no idea what that sign means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

ciarsd wrote: »
    Did you take photos?

+10000000000000000000000000000000000

If you didn't its your word vs the word of a garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

Hi

Got a note on my windshield i'd be receiving a fixed notice for parking illegally today

Grand, except I wasn't. I parked at the side of the road alongside the path, in between a row of cars that were also parked there. No yellow lines, no notice to say no parking. Absolutely nothing at all that says I can't park there

What's the story with this? I honestly park in the correct areas, and don't park all over the place, so if I had seen a no parking sign I wouldn't have parked there!

Any thoughts? Could I go to a garda station and tell them that nowhere does it say I can't park and there are no yellow lines? I also didn't notice anyone else getting anything.

Thanks

shudve taken pics and used them. or when i doubt, park the whole thing up on the path. All the MAMMIES seem to get away with in the school season, all of them with L plates, shouldnt even be on the road. and those without L plates, I'll bet just took them off!! seriously the guards dont bother their arses calling people up on this type of thing!! but have no problem giving you a ticket in the WRONG!!! *****ers!!

My mam once had to step onto the main road ( a dodgy road at that ) because some dickehead parked his entire truck in the footpath, preventing my mam from getting My niece's buggy through. and when I called the guards, it was still there 5 hours later!!!! oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Hi

Windshield :confused:

Is you american of somefing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Camelot wrote: »
    Windshield :confused:

Is you american of somefing?

WTF else is he ment to call it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

alexmcred wrote: »
    WTF else is he ment to call it?

perhaps a windscreen like everyone else in ireland does....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Hi

Thanks

Firstly......did you perhaps park in a different location before noticing the slip on the window??? IE it could have been put in the day before or hours before? If it was that location is there a continuos white line on the road?? It still surprises me that most drivers do not realise you cannot park where there is a continuos white line on the road......no side markings needed.

Secondly are you sure its the no parking one ticked?? Is the vehicle taxed??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

It still surprises me that most drivers do not realise you cannot park where there is a continuos white line on the road......no side markings needed.

...and it's also surprising the amount of people that don't know that you're not allowed to take a turn over a continuous white line (as opposed to overtaking), unless accessing somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I'd use the two terms fairly often:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

What difference does it make? You know what he was talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Windscreen is the common term here, (and windshield is the american term), same goes for 'bumper' here & 'fender' there, we say bonnet they say 'hood', we say boot & they say trunk, we say petrol & they say gasoline :)

Allied Irish Windscreens; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055914159

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Camelot wrote: »
    Windscreen is the common term here, (and windshield is the american term), same goes for 'bumper' here & 'fender' there, we say bonnet they say 'hood', we say boot & they say trunk, we say petrol & they say gasoline :)

Personally, I really couldn't give a f**k as long as I understand what they meant.

And I'm pretty sure everyone can understand what the OP meant.

Thank you for adding so much to the discussion.

OP - did everyone get a ticket or just you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It still surprises me that most drivers do not realise you cannot park where there is a continuous white line on the road......no side markings needed.
    Only if doing so would cause passing traffic to cross the line, surely???

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement