Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MENTIONED ON EUROSPORT: Séan Kelly, Tourmalet centenary

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Big mig competing in Triathlons these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pierredieterle

Thanks for your very nice comments. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

sy wrote: »
    A big thank you to the Crunch! Some terrific photos from your partner whom I met at Bohermeen this year. Love the shots of Miguel. I missed this post first time around. Hope the season went well for you

Cheers Sy, that was a great day. Excellent memories. I think those Big Mig shots are mega especially as, while Georgie was taking them, all his family were chatting with each other and he spent quite a lot of time sitting quietly, looking out the window at the Tourmalet below. I would have given more than a few pesetas for those thoughts. Maybe he was trying to remember if he left the gas on at home but I like to think he was recalling past battles on the hill.

The shots of Fignon are poignant, too. He looked well but his voice ws just a whisper. It was great to see himself and Hinault in such animated debate about God knows what while there was such a hubub around them.

Advertisement