Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where are all the jobs?? (NO CHAT - Read post #481 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Insomina on D'Olier Street looking for staff

One Stop news agent on Andrew street

I see loads of places on Monday but I was on a pub crawl so I cant remember them :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Kilkenny Design Centre are looking for full-time and part-time staff

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Eddie rockets on Morehampton road. Just opposite kielys had a sign up on Sunday. Not sure if it's still up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Eddie Rockets on O'Connell St is looking for a chef.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mes Amis cafe on Abbey Street, near the Jervis Luas stop, is looking for staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Anyone know of any marketing jobs in Dublin, something under 2 years experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

Try the paddy power website.. i was on it recently myself. there's a good few dublin based jobs there. not sure what it's like working there but maybe there might be something on it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Bermingham Cameras are advertising for a role

http://berminghamcameras.ie/
    Are you looking for a new job?

Think you can offer us something new for 2013?

Do you want join our team?

Well, here in Bermingham Cameras, we are always on the lookout for someone who can add to the services that we already offer.

Of course a knowledge of photography would be required and as we are a store, retail experience would be preferable. We can't promise that we'll offer you a job, but you can be assured that we will give a you a chance to tell us why we should give you one!

E-mail your CV to sales@berminghamcameras.ie or bring one into our store! All CV's received will be treated in the strictest confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Fagans in Drumcondra looking for wait staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

There is a sign in the window of this place looking for a Receptionist. Saw it today on way home.

http://www.sitstil.com/contact_us.html

Village on Camden/Wexford St looking for wait and bar staff - ad in the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sheries on lower abbey street are looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Londis on New Street South/Clanbrassil Street are looking for a deli staff, 'experienced and flexible' it says in the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Eddie Rockets in Santry looking for a Chef with experience. Didn't say where to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets in Santry looking for a Chef with experience. Didn't say where to apply

They have an application form online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The Bleeding Horse pub on Upper Camden St have a sign in the window looking for lounge staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Anyone know of any ideas for a student job, say over the summer? Any field tbh, not much experience but willing to learn, the usual. Very highly skilled in IT and photography..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

LK Bennett, Coast and Kipling are all hiring in Arnotts. CVs directly to the concession, not through Arnotts. You can also apply for seasonal Arnotts staff http://www.arnotts.ie/images/careers/Summer-2013-Arnotts.pdf

"Cafe by Day" in Drumcondra are looking for staff - sign in the window

• Advertisement

Fagans in Drumcondra have a notice up looking for full and part time staff

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MickOLeary

Highly disagree there is no work out there. Finding a Minimum wage job should not be hard in this city. There are businesses still open and trading every day.The worst thing you can do is sit at home and look at the computer and send emails to try find a job. Print off 50 good quality CVs and get out on the streets. Find the managers of the shops you are targeting and show them you are enthusiastic tell them you will do anything and even work the first week on trial before starting to get paid. Go into every cafe/pub you see asking if they need staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

MickOLeary, I think you have made a good point, although jobs are definitely pretty scarce out there. But we have lost the art of basic survival. How did my father and grandfathers, and uncles get their jobs 50 or more years ago. They never even saw a CV, they just asked around. My daughter got one of her (short-term) jobs just handing around CV's two years ago. Having said that, I hear from some that they are already doing that, and some shops just throw them in the bin as they are not hiring. Worth trying anyway. Never give up. On the positive side you will have a list of evidence to prove to SW that you are looking. I have also heard of some folk holding down two or three part time jobs just to make ends meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Can we keep the discussion to a minimum please folks, try to keep on-topic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Oliver St John Gogarty in Temple Bar looking for part-time and full-time bar and behind-bar staff. Call in with a C.V.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Convenience shop in St. James's Hospital looking for full time staff with a minimum 2 years' experience - call in with CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Where is the best place to look for a job in Dublin without having any work experience. Any job I have seen has required experienced staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Londis (New Street South/Clanbrassil Street) looking for staff, you can pop in with your CV...but some experience in retail needed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

hfallada wrote: »
    Where is the best place to look for a job in Dublin without having any work experience. Any job I have seen has required experienced staff.
    Experience is going to be desirable for any job, but that doesn't mean you can't still apply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

MOD NOTE:

From here on in can we avoid chat on this thread. This is for jobs postings only. No Job Posting, No Post.

As per usual rules, failure to follow this may result in warnings and infractions being issued

Advertisement