Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are you getting your copy?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

As the title says. Does anywhere have a midnight release,will the servers be live before the official 9AM release time?

I have mine ordered through Play.com.

However if it doesn't arrive on the 27th I am toying with heading in to Game to get a box or starting the digital download. I'm am heading abroad on the 28th for a while so want to have it to play while away. I was always gonig to get a 2nd copy anyway for dual play at home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'll probably just pop into Dundrum next tuesday.

Tempted by the collectors edition but they are probably all sold out now anyway. Are they even available over here?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I had ordered it from Play, but a mate told me the last preorder he did with them didn't arrive until 2 or 3 days after the release date.

I'm toying with the idea of the digital download but I could as easily just head into HMV or Game at lunchtime on the 28th and get it 'cause I won't have time to play it until that evening one way or another.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Digital download and/or deluxe package via Amazon; still debating.

Anyone getting the CE? It's one of the best I've seen (well, no night vision goggles).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Wherever is the cheapest in town @ 9am, I've been stung waiting for preorders before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Probably just buy off Amazon. It's a Tuesday release so should have it the same week atleast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

7 more days to go I have never played starcraft till the beta and I love it :). Gamestop is the place for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I did a quick look around there and this is what I found in Dublin:

HMV will be selling it for 45€
    Gamestop haven't released their price yet.
    Game said they just pop over to the other places that morning and make theirs a euro cheaper.
    Smiths on Parnell Street is historically the cheapest, but I haven't been there yet

I won't DD it because I like having the box, and I won't buy it online because I cba waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

For €45 i'll just buy it in HMV or the like I spose, can trade in a couple of ps3/xbox games then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Gents (I appreciate I might be taking a bit of a jump with this!) just a warning to those who pre-ordered of play. They recently revised there exchange rate from 1.30 to 1.40 to the pound so there could be a nasty surprise waiting for you in your credit card bill, you might just want to double check the price in the account hasn't changed

Personnaly I pre-ordered of amazon, I won't be able to play it 'til Friday at the earliest so hopefully i'll arrive by then, if not i'll be quite cantankerous over the long weekend!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Just gonna run into town in the morning and pick it up somewhere. Usually just get digital copies of stuff these days but SC2 is special 8)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

preordered in gamestop so I'll just pop in the morning of release to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Preordered CE in gamestop so will pick it up morning of release.

Would anyone be able to tell me if you can buy the CE on the day or is it preorder only?

Yes, I'm weak and very tempted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to tell me if you can buy the CE on the day or is it preorder only?
    I'm sure each store will have 1-2 copies of the CE to upsell to those of us attracted to shiny things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do ye think the special edition is worth it?I preordered mine from gamestop.

Do ye think the special edition is worth it?I preordered mine from gamestop.

Are they ever really worth it? Is that going to stop you?

I really, really want it now. I don't know why, going through the list nothing really strikes me as a "must have". If it means that the launch will be a little more memorable then I think I will have to buy it.

A plague on those who buy it for resell on ebay, especially if they run out of stock in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

Ordered mine online from GAME (UK). Just got an email there saying they are getting ready to ship it so I'll have it for the 27th!

Can't WAIT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Probably digital or Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Already ordered the standard edition from Amazon. Even with the super saver delivery option it arrives the next day, so I should have it by the 28th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dante

Scráib wrote: »
    Already ordered the standard edition from Amazon. Even with the super saver delivery option it arrives the next day, so I should have it by the 28th.

How much did it set you back out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

How much did it set you back out of interest?

€42 with free delivery

Does amazon ship before release?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

no, afaik

gearoidof wrote: »
    no, afaik

Then digital copy it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Can someone explain the digital copy thing.. with prices?

I always assumed it would come out on steam, but now getting close to release date and I don't have a copy booked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Who is selling it digitally? haven't seen it on steam or d2d.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Burgo wrote: »
    Who is selling it digitally? haven't seen it on steam or d2d.

Blizzard sell it direct through there online shop/Battle.net

However, i did just find this. Has anyone ever used this crowd, it looks a bit sus to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Afaik even if you get a copy in the shops you will always be able to download it digitally in your battle.net account like all the other games. As soon as the cd key is assigned to your account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Scráib wrote: »

How much extra was it with super saver delivery?

Advertisement