Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sirlin Games anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I know it's, like, waaay too late now, but getting regular card sleeves would have cut out all that laminating work. Magic/YGO players use them all the time. Maybe if someone else is getting these games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I actually had a pack of card sleeves I bought so I could play "ZOMBIES!!!!" with my very young nephew but hide all the crazy violent artwork, but there was only enough to do 3 of the 4 decks I had printed, but exactly enough laminate (not a single sheet more) to do all 4.

So given the choice between 3 sleeve decks and one laminate (and cannibalising "ZOMBIES!!!!"), or going with consistency between the decks, I went with the latter.

Besides the cards are pretty much invincible now.

Anybody ever hear of Universal Fighting System? It was a collectible card game that used characters from Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken and a couple of other fighter licenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Urgh, collectible card games.

If I hadn't bought any Pokemon cards, I could've had enough for a 'Cube as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

UFS is pretty nice.

The cards aren't in production anymore which is a shame, but at least you wont get left behind a billion expansions now.

Have a half decent Chun deck, need some more cards to roll Lizardman or Guile.

• Advertisement

The wiki says the game has been bought and the new company is releasing a set next month. Doesn't look like they've kept the game licenses, though.

I used Adon and Dan. I think the Dan deck is still intact.

Are they just doing originals now?

The mechanics are quite good, though a lot of the fun comes from the fanboy-isms and finding one of your mains in a booster(OMG shiny Guile).

NECRO POST FROM BEYOND THE STARS!!!!

The Yomi Season one box set I ordered a million years ago landed this week.

Here are some pictures someone else took of what the bits look like:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/thing/43022/yomi

To be fair to it, even though I paid well in advance; once I got the notice the game was officially released and shipping it arrived pretty quickly.

It's probably the most impressive box and presentation of Sirlin's games, but I've played it the least because the print & play laminated cards I made before were kind of unpleasant to use, and I haven't had a chance to play the proper one yet.

I think when I said before "I'll bring this along to a tournament/casuals and we can play" was sort of poor planning, because if you think about it; a tabletop game, and a session of Street Fighter require different circumstances of table space, chair position, equipment, atmosphere and time.

I have actually had Puzzle Strike and Flash Duel with me most times you guys have seen me, I just never wanted to crack open a board game when I had real people to play fighting games with right there in the room.

I doubt the XGC would have been cool with it anyway.

So I think this time I'll say that I WILL bring along a game if someone wants to have a look at it, but if anyone wants to learn to play and have a few games, we can organise to do something maybe AFTER an event (or some day that has nothing to do with fighting games at all) in a coffee shop or something.

PM, reply or text me and we can sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Card battlan gaem?

Yeah, bring it along, I'll play.

Cool, did you just order off Sirlins site or does he have other distributors that will deliver over here?

• Advertisement

Sirlin's site yeah.

International delivery is a flat $30, regardless of the number or size of items, so if anyone wants to go in together on something you could save money on that cost at least.

Advertisement