Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Cinema Club Voting #2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Ya going to come to the next meet even if Inception wins?

Why would he lol?

Flojo wrote: »
    Why would he lol?

From what I hear, Inception is a film best seen at least two or three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

Definitely worth seeing a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I never got that. A great film, sure, to be watched again a year or two later. Some films I watch annually like clockwork - but more than once in a week or a month? No, not for me, not even for some of the greatest films I've ever seen. I just can't do it!

Going to see Inception tomorrow as well, so I'd be up for Splice or TS3 - but at this stage realistically only TS3 could possibly pull through over Inception.

From what I hear, Inception is a film best seen at least two or three times.

Yeah if you can afford it! Cinema aint cheap as you know...

• Advertisement

Yeah if you can afford it! Cinema aint cheap as you know...

I do realise this. I haven't seen it so I can't comment on whether or not it must be seen more than once. Some say yes, some say no. I personally rarely watch movies like that.. maybe the odd one like The Man From Earth, Ink, etc etc, but that's about it.

corporate tickets. 30 euro for 6 tickets. my parents gave me a rake of them at christmas, actually a fantastic present.

corporate tickets. 30 euro for 6 tickets. my parents gave me a rake of them at christmas, actually a fantastic present.

Careful with those - if you went to a movie in the Luxury screen or a 3D film, you'd have to pay extra i.e.:

They work as a voucher of 6euro - so..

Luxury Screen 7 - 13.50 - with corporate pass - 7.50
    3D film - weekdays - 9.25 - corporate pass - 3.25
    3D film - weekends - 11.25 - corporate pass - 5.25

true, but 3d films make up a negligible percentage of movies i do go and see, and I've only ever used the luxury screen once, in an hour of desperation.

so if you're just going to see a regular movie, they're brilliant!

Woah ye charge extra for 3D movies? I think I still paid the same price for Avatar back home.

• Advertisement

Woah ye charge extra for 3D movies? I think I still paid the same price for Avatar back home.

all cinemas do really - i don't think it's a big deal, certainly not for something in the class of avatar, but paying a fair chunk better for films that were converted to 3d post filming is ridiculous. anyone see clash of the titans in 3d? It was basically clash of the titans in 2d with about 20 seconds of random, pointless background 3d tacked on (ie 5 second shots of waves here, a shot of rocks there, and so on). utter drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

all cinemas do really - i don't think it's a big deal, certainly not for something in the class of avatar, but paying a fair chunk better for films that were converted to 3d post filming is ridiculous. anyone see clash of the titans in 3d? It was basically clash of the titans in 2d with about 20 seconds of random, pointless background 3d tacked on (ie 5 second shots of waves here, a shot of rocks there, and so on). utter drivel.

Hit the nail on the head there. So many studios now cashing in on the "3D experience" when all they're doing realistically is destroying it for everyone. Clash of The Titans was a prime example. Should be just left to the animated movies IMO. Toy Story 3 looks class in 3D, its not overpowering (as in stuff isn't constantly flying out of the screen at you), its just been done very well.

There's a reviewer I listen to a lot called Mark Kermode- he is BBC5 Live's resident critic. He absolutely hates 3D. His review of Clash of the Titans was pretty funny - but he actually said that only two films have made him move somewhat closer towards 3D - unsurprisingly Toy Story 3 but also, quite surprisingly, though having seen it I somewhat agree, Street Dance in 3D.

Clash of the Titans

And just 'cause it's pretty funny.. Sex and the City 2

35 people have voted, but not all have gotten in contact with me. If you wish to come along, drop me a mail at galwaycinemaclub@gmail.com. It's open to everybody and the more the merrier!

It's brokenlaptop here. Back to my usual name

Apologies for triple.. treble..? post but just remembered that the Little Cinema will be having their monthly meet on Tuesday 3rd of August upstairs in Kellys. Was at their last one there and it was a very enjoyable time. Would definately recommend people to attend and perhaps we could do it as a group?

They have a facebook page; just search for Little Cinema Galway, and a youtube channel here.

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

I've been to all of them so I'll be there anyway!

baldshin wrote: »
    I've been to all of them so I'll be there anyway!

I'm looking forward to the next one. There were some superb ones at the last meet.

The winner is ...

Inception with 26 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted. Info will be sent to people via email.

There is still time to join - get in contact with me @ galwaycinemaclub@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement