Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

I don't mind Aido although I wouldn't see myself going for a pint with him. I reckon he had half the country hungry last week making that fry. I still see him getting clipped this season.
    I see Tommy confiding in Nidge next week that he shagged Dano's wife so that if Dano asked who dropped him home Nidge could deny it was one of his lads. Then Nidge flips telling Tommy he is endangering the gang, then Tommy says Nidge is only angry cause he wanted a crack off her. Then the pipe work will begin.
    In fairness Tommy's nob was always going to get him into trouble. He was lucky to last the last season. Hard to see him last this one but he should survive next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Iv'e a feeling he could be ratting Dazzler out. Very funny that kid knew where to find Dazzler to shoot at him. I mean Elmo surely didnt know he was at Aido's?

I think you're right - The shot @ 16:50 could be interpreted as Aido symbolically "laying Darren to rest" - implying that he has had a hand in Dazzler's downfall.That connection was actually established earlier in the episode when it cut from Elmo's cousin's body in a casket to Elmo in bed. Also, Aido rather shiftily asks Darren if he thinks he's been ratted out earlier in that scene.

Aido is kind of the forgotten man in all of this mess, which is ironic given the fact that his "accident" :D started this chain of events. I think he may be the one factor that Nidge may overlook and could ultimately cause the most damage - I mean we've seen what a piece of **** he is in Season 2. Is he still dealing/earning now that he is temporarily incapacitated? Did Nidge take care of him financially after the kneecapping? (Probably not) And how come he lives in a ****hole and the rest of them are in pretty nice digs? There's ample motive there.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

With all the bottles of beer they drink in love/hate how has Heineken not come in with a big money offer for product placement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Its good, this season though least the makers of the show are showing them as maniacs not good boys out for a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Well would ya look at Fran de man and Tommy. I would never have guessed that was the guy who played Fran without seeing his name.

VIP_SEVENPSYCHOS_1_1133486a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

My favourite thing about this thread is the amount of people using 'clip' as a verb.

meriwether wrote: »
    My favourite thing about this thread is the amount of people using 'clip' as a verb.

Eh, clip is both a verb and a noun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I never said it wasn't.

I referred to people using it as a verb.

I'm confused here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

I never said it wasn't.

I'm confused here.

yawwwwn, back on topic please guys

I never said it wasn't.

I'm confused here.

Me too ! That way you phrased it I read that you thought people were using it incorrectly.

@leonidas, shush before a real mod comes along to clip your wings :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Me too ! That way you phrased it I read that you thought people were using it correctly.

@leonidas, shush before a real mod comes along to clip your wings :)

Yah because thats what I really want to be, a mod;) just keep on topic & there wont be any probs capeesh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'm not liking this series as much as the other 2, nothing is really happening! And I miss John Boy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm not liking this series as much as the other 2, nothing is really happening! And I miss John Boy :(

Nothing is really happening? :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

computer-close-hulk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

I see Tommy confiding in Nidge next week that he shagged Dano's wife so that if Dano asked who dropped him home Nidge could deny it was one of his lads. Then Nidge flips telling Tommy he is endangering the gang, then Tommy says Nidge is only angry cause he wanted a crack off her. Then the pipe work will begin.
    QUOTE]

Nidge will lose it with Tommy because he got in there no hassle and Nidge was trying to lay the ground work. Tommy's the good looking one with a full head of hair and Nidge has a bit or a bald thing going on. When Nidge destroys Tommy this will really piss Darren off and start to pull the gang apart. Is this when Fran steps up and makes his play??

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

TheBlock wrote: »
    QUOTE]

Nidge will lose it with Tommy because he got in there no hassle and Nidge was trying to lay the ground work. Tommy's the good looking one with a full head of hair and Nidge has a bit or a bald thing going on. When Nidge destroys Tommy this will really piss Darren off and start to pull the gang apart. Is this when Fran steps up and makes his play??

Yea I think you could be on the money there, Darren is already on his last ounce of patience with Nidge so this on top of being messed about with his money??? Bloodbath!!

As for the post claiming nothing is happening? You lost me with that one :/

:eek:

Lets recap shall we :rolleyes:

• Episode 1 we had Dano kneecapping Aido
    • Then Darren retaliating with a pipe bomb attack on Dano
    • Then Git and Dano getting into a fight with Elmo on Paddy's night
    • Then Git raped Siobhan back at Nidges pub later on
    • Then Tommy caught him and kicked Git to death and he was gurgling blood for 10 mins
    • Then Darren finished him off with a beer keg.
    • Then they called Fran and took him up to Frans pad
    • Then Fran dug a hole and they buried Git
    • And it ended with Dazzler, Nidge and Fran all popping down the road for a well deserved brekkie after a hard nights work

Episode 2
    • It opened to a big drugs party in the brothel.
    • Then Dano wanted answers from Nidge and ended up both punching him in the face and headbutting him
    • Then Nidge 'sold Dano 2 pups' in Elmo and his cousin
    • So later Darren went for 'a farewell drink' with Elmo
    • But Elmo Twigged so Darren told him he'd leave him off if he disappeared
    • Then Darren committed a double murder of an innocent man and his girlfriend orphaning their only child in the process

Episode 3

• We had a cop chase
    • A young lad on a bmx attempting to clip Darren
    • Dano punching a girl in the face
    • Siobhan telling her best friend Donna about her ordeal and Donna in turn telling Fran after being wooed by his sharp suit, hat and moves on the dance floor on top of his oozing charm and top chat up lines.
    • Nidge telling Donna he'd spray paint her face with acid if she didn't keep her mouth shut
    • Nidge and Fran digging up Gits body and burning it
    • Tommy getting his bit of Dano's wife on top of his young child getting to see him ride a junkie prostitute

Yes absolutely nothing has happened absolutely nothing at all. Worst show ever....:rolleyes:.....period

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

If nidge was stuffing frans missus and now tommys stuffing danos missus who's been banging nidges missus

neris wrote: »
    If nidge was stuffing frans missus and now tommys stuffing danos missus who's been banging nidges missus

Funnily enough the way she was using Darren as an agony aunt the first episode i thought Darren would be porking her on the sly by the end of the series

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

neris wrote: »

me!!!

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    me!!!

Ever been to the Dublin Mountains? Ah you'll love it up there its got loads of pine trees and stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

And I miss John Boy :(

Two people I don't miss out of it, Darrens old girlfriend and John Boy! Both as annoying as each other.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ah John Boy was deadly, he's real loss to the show.

I don't think they used him as well as they could have though, he'd have been a great mastermind running the show if they got into a war with another gang. The way he just lost the head and got all paranoid and coked up was a bit of a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

I can't for the life of me remember what happened to Darren's sister at the end of the 2nd series. I know she was being stalked by the swan killer but what happened after? Where did she go? Could anyone help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

She left for dowton abbey

I can't for the life of me remember what happened to Darren's sister at the end of the 2nd series. I know she was being stalked by the swan killer but what happened after? Where did she go? Could anyone help me out?

Oh id say Alot of the men are heartbroken by Mary's absence. The backstory is she isnt on speaking terms with Darren due to his involvement with the gang but that hasnt aired yet. Thats what Robert Sheehan was saying so id imagine it must be in his script

stevenmu wrote: »
    Ah John Boy was deadly, he's real loss to the show.

I don't think they used him as well as they could have though, he'd have been a great mastermind running the show if they got into a war with another gang. The way he just lost the head and got all paranoid and coked up was a bit of a waste.

I think the writers wanted to show how despite this air of invincibility these guys create around themselves they are always vulnerable and none of them are invincible.

We seen it in real life with 'the Don' Eamon Dunne, Alan Ryan, Martin Cahill. All of these figures come across as such a huge threat to society and yet in blink of an eye they are gone only someone else is there to take their place

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think the writers wanted to show how despite this air of invincibility these guys create around themselves they are always vulnerable and none of them are invincible.

We seen it in real life with 'the Don' Eamon Dunne, Alan Ryan, Martin Cahill. All of these figures come across as such a huge threat to society and yet in blink of an eye they are gone only someone else is there to take their place
    After watching s1 again there is a Gilligan vibe off John boy. Same with all the characters, they're nobody specific but based on so many real characters. Git was only in it for 30 mins and I saw at least 3 real life characters in him! Will nidge end up like Micka Kelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Seem to remember something about the writers having a problem with John Boy because Aidan Gillen wasn't going to be available due to his other acting jobs.

• Advertisement

After watching s1 again there is a Gilligan vibe off John boy. Same with all the characters, they're nobody specific but based on so many real characters. Git was only in it for 30 mins and I saw at least 3 real life characters in him! Will nidge end up like Micka Kelly?

Nidge is toast in my opinion. Now that you say it his story is very similar to the Don who ordered a hit on his own boss and then managed to piss off so many people that in the conclusion of things he was on the end of a few rounds himself. I think the gang will overthrow him by the end of the series. I still go with the theory that maybe the writers are going with the angle of Dazzler rising to the top.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement