Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come on in!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This was shared many moons ago with my by Lord Sarkl0r and so I share it with you...

Don't make me add coffee to the swear filter...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

give-me-coffee-coffee-life-blood-demotivational-poster-1264340110.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Dylan-coffee.jpg

DCP_1347.JPG

maregeo5.jpg
    Constantinople, for this town has only 10,000 inhabitants- & went and had one more cup of Turkish coffee at a coffee house. Delicious it was too. To ask for a cup of coffee is about all I can say in Turkish & to be requested to sit down about all I can understand. At this coffee house were two Turks, perfectly unEuropeanized, playing a game of our Backgammon. Very likely it originated here. Nothing in a Turkish town is worth seeing but the bazar & the mosques & I was afraid I should get into difficulty if I tried them here where they are not used to tourists. There was a fine acqueduct in the Roman fashion but I thought probably not Roman all things considered about it. I declare I hate to part from that Turkish coffee. Now you do precisely as I tell you. Take some of the very best coffee, part mocha. Roast it well & while it is hot grind it very fine indeed to a very fine powder. Screw your coffeemill up to its tightest. All depend on this. Then immediately warm it again if it’s cold & take about half a measure of this & half a measure of boiling water. Put it right on the fire & give it one boil. It must be on so short
    maregeo6.jpg
    a time that it does not get bitter. Then take it off pour it into a cup a little smaller than a claret glass (that cup on your bureau is just the thing) do not for the world clear it but wait an instant & the grounds will go to the botton. Sip as soon as the top part is pretty clear & not gritty, without any sugar (because it ought not to be the least bitter) or else if the coffee is not good enough for that with just a little pot in in making it. Of course the bottom of the cup will be all grounds & that you leave. Try it. French coffee is a perfect fool to it. Cavalla would be an excellent place to observe the eclipse if a better cannot be had. It would be an endurable place to be for a couple of weeks & the instruments could easily be got there & easily put up in a good place. What is also of importance, a telegraph connects it with points whose longitude is known. The inhabitants seemed to think me quite a curiosity this morning but I really don´t see why they should. I have much more to say I assure you & if this dullest days admit of being described at such length you may imagine what the rest of the time is when I can with difficulty get time to put pen to paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

http://www.cottontimer.com/2007/10/08/tea-kitty/
    And Rich Tea biccies for dippin:)"
    "As long as it is hot, wet and goes down the right way, it's fine with me."--Sarah Fergerson, The Dutchess of York, On Tea

• Advertisement

026oooohBigSurprise300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

NomNomNom
    coffeeillustrated.jpg

Oh Coffee I love you so
    In the mornings you make me go
    late at night
    you keep me company
    where would I be without thou?

Oh coffee, the blackest delight
    you make the day seem so bright
    Dont need no sugar
    nor milk
    I like you just the way you are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Mountian-Dew.jpg

disgust.1jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I prefer Mountain Dew to tea, or coffee. More caffeine goodness, no burned tongue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Hypno toad says:

Foul-Bachelor-Frog-pee-into-glass-pretend-its-mountain-dew.jpg

cyberwolf says:
    Frog legs are delicious with a little garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

shockedCat_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

sNarah wrote: »
    Come on in!

thats what she said...

No No, that's what she said - try to pay attention will ya?

For the benefit of brendog;

paying%20attention%20in%20class.jpg

And don't just look, try to stare with such power and passion that it becomes nearly unnatural. Then - and only then - have you succeeded.

And don't just look, try to stare with such power and passion that it becomes nearly unnatural. Then - and only then - have you succeeded.

800px-Man_Ray_Salvador_Dali.jpg

Like this?

Well done squary!

You may pick a prize! Do you chose Door 1, Door 2 or Door 7?

Door 7 of course!

What happened to doors 3,4,5,6,8,9,10, etc..?

• Advertisement

They were never there.

Congratulations - you have won a mat made out of fake grass!
    (the audience goes wild with cheers!)

moss-mat_1251030c-thumb-520x326-500x313.jpg
    Thanks for playing. Do call in again.

Cup of tea yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

cup%20of%20tea.jpg

I should really have my own TV show.

Congratulations - you have won a mat made out of fake grass!
    (the audience goes wild with cheers!)

moss-mat_1251030c-thumb-520x326-500x313.jpg

(=^;^=)

I should really have my own TV show.

120356.jpg

:cool:

Im guessing from your paint thread contributions that you're blonde..?

Deadly! I'm going to be dedicating a thread to you tomorrow for being AWEsome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

He gets a thread? What am I, a hamster!?!?!

Fago! wrote: »
    He gets a thread? What am I, a hamster!?!?!
    I've never gotten a thread dedicated to me, not that I care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

But you have now.:)

I bet the life time supply of rice-a-roni was behind door one:(

• Advertisement

Squary, you'll have to wait for that thread to be dedicated to you - Fago! swooped in and went for Wolfie - who DOES deserve a thread too, though it's probably going to result in Latverian problematics and nationalism.

In the meanwhile - have another prize!

pimp-ya-bin-jpeg-insects(1).jpg

Advertisement