Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

next gen or retro

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Never really though Atlus's stuff played like JRPGs. The stuff they release is certainly different from other JRPGs but they are distinctly japanese flavoured. However thinking about it, the stories are a lot more mature and better written and the systems are more complicated and tough like old western RPGs.
    exactly
    plus they had the balls to bring out stuff like Dark spire
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/The_Dark_Spire
    Which is great , although the amount of play needed to level is unreal , if you're a naughty R4 user its worth switching on the 4x XP cheat or you'll be grinding forever.The '8 bit mode' is probabaly only played by people like us though ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Bioshock I`d love the setting, weapons, music,story it was all really put together. I would rate it higher than SS2 but not as good as System Shock.

I wouldn't rate it higher than System Shock 2 myself. I just preferred SS2's story and protagonist. Also the skill system worked a lot better and I loved the non-linear level design. The skill system means there's a lot of different ways you can play through the game,would love to go through it again but this time with psychic powers.

Advertisement