Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the tunnel opening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

bazz26 wrote: »
    Would Biffo actually fit through the tunnel?

They have the lard from the pig and porter thing on standby

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Twin-go wrote: »
    +1
    You're bang on Kess.

Boloxtions are always around for the good news stories. Where was Cowen when Dell anounced 2000 job losses? Where are they as Shannon Airport goes down the swanny?

I would be much happier to see a local sports person open it, maybe someone like Paul O' Connell or Andy Lee.

Another option would be have somebody like Steve Collins cut the ribbon on it.

Cannot stand this practise of a politician turning up for pretty much the opening of anything.

I remember being over in Limerick when Shannon Bridge was officially opened and I think it was Haughey that was there who was saved from a flying egg by some crony getting in the way of the shot. Think it was fishermen who were protesting at the time maybe?

phill106 wrote: »
    They have the lard from the pig and porter thing on standby

Be a bit dangerous to have that known. One whiff of that and we will have Harney stampeding down towards the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Kess73 wrote: »
    I would be much happier to see a local sports person open it, maybe someone like Paul O' Connell or Andy Lee.

Another option would be have somebody like Steve Collins cut the ribbon on it.

Cannot stand this practise of a politician turning up for pretty much the opening of anything.

I remember being over in Limerick when Shannon Bridge was officially opened and I think it was Haughey that was there who was saved from a flying egg by some crony getting in the way of the shot. Think it was fishermen who were protesting at the time maybe?

Genuinely good ideas.

+1 to everything you state here.

Cowen can pogo stick naked down the tunnel and Limerick people will not remember him for the tunnel.

We remember him sitting on his hands with his Aer Lingus share certs in front of him. We remember the less-than-trojan (putting it mildly) efforts to talk to Dell. We remember the regeneration money promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I've just had a flashback on a story about Moses!!!!

If we can get all of FF down, and into the tunnel, I'll stand by in a boat on the Shannon with scuba-diving gear and a big drill!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Whats the prick doing opening a private tunnel that we'll be paying a toll for?!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

zuroph wrote: »
    Whats the prick doing opening a private tunnel that we'll be paying a toll for?!

PPP
    Public Private Partnership

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

PPP
    Public Private Partnership

Bah! Even though I'm going to boycott the fcuking thing on principle I've still paid for a portion of it via PAYE.

W@nkers.

Hopefully Cowen will take a wrong turn and accidentally stroll into my Hallway and I can then put 15 bullets in his expansive, ultra-ugly and seemingly empty head with the full blessing of our new lethal force legislation :cool:

- This Post needs another something......?

Oh yeah, BAH!

bump!

flashing signs are on, say tuesday 6pm opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

RTE news have a story on their iPhone page saying it is opening "later" today. Im going to be in Clarecastle in the afternoon and heading back to the B&Q area so it would be nice to fly through the tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

Berty wrote: »
    RTE news have a story on their iPhone page saying it is opening "later" today. Im going to be in Clarecastle in the afternoon and heading back to the B&Q area so it would be nice to fly through the tunnel.
    According to the electronic board on the approach to the Rosbrien interchange tunnel will be opened at 6 p.m. today.

Meanwhile, at a location unknown, masking all noise by playing 'Now thats what I call music 9' turned up full......

sh20_5-8_010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

bump!

flashing signs are on, say tuesday 6pm opening.

excellent just in time for me not too use it going home.....

excellent just in time for me not too use it going home.....

I hope its empty and Cowen has to eventually kick the nearest available Green Party, Yes-Man, Hanger-on up the Arsé to cycle through it for the Press Photos.......

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I passed the Rosbrien from both sides today and the signs were flashing, guys were removing cones, other guys were removing the grey smudge over the existing road signs and some shirt and tie guys were hanging around smiling broadly.

There will be a lot of arse licking today to be sure but direct route(who built the tunnel) have done themselves a great service because they have proved twice that they can bring major infrastructure on time and on budget when the spanish company building the Limerick - Nenagh motorway are now so far behind and many millions over budget.

So next time a tender comes up for new roads, which Cowen & Co passed yesterday in the NDP, an Irish company may stand much better to win this and have Irish residents working on the projects as opposed to people being brought in from abroad on contract.

Raiser wrote: »
    I hope its empty and Cowen has to eventually kick the nearest available Green Party, Yes-Man, Hanger-on up the Arsé to cycle through it for the Press Photos.......

Bikes arent allowed in the tunnell :D

ink wrote: »
    According to the electronic board on the approach to the Rosbrien interchange tunnel will be opened at 6 p.m. today.

Thats hilarious, On the radio they say its officially opening at 330, while on the cratloe electronic board it says

then

Tunnel opens today at 5pm.

Im a bit perturbed that if they can't manage to have a simple display sign showing correct information (and not gibberish!) what hope have they of managing the necessary systems to keep the tunnel safe!

Bikes arent allowed in the tunnell :D

Even for a Media Circus with a large surplus of Clowns?

brian02bike.72.jpg

- John Gormley is going to be so upset after watering his hat flowers and everything......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I passed the Rosbrien from both sides today and the signs were flashing, guys were removing cones, other guys were removing the grey smudge over the existing road signs and some shirt and tie guys were hanging around smiling broadly.

There will be a lot of arse licking today to be sure but direct route(who built the tunnel) have done themselves a great service because they have proved twice that they can bring major infrastructure on time and on budget when the spanish company building the Limerick - Nenagh motorway are now so far behind and many millions over budget.

So next time a tender comes up for new roads, which Cowen & Co passed yesterday in the NDP, an Irish company may stand much better to win this and have Irish residents working on the projects as opposed to people being brought in from abroad on contract.

It's all about Roadbridge/Mulcairs. Even during the heights of excess they were still bringing in motorways/bypasses months ahead of schedule and under budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Better off driving through it, don't think its wide enough to fly through

• Advertisement

Roadend wrote: »
    Better off driving through it, don't think its wide enough to fly through

Coonagh is right there? That would be brilliant!
    Wheres my camcorder?!

Radio now is saying that Cowen will be cutting the ribbon sometime before lunch, and that the tunnel will open to the public later this afternoon around 16:00

Got to go to Ennis and back today from Annacotty. Looks like I'll be going the long way and keeping the fingers crossed on way back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Never heard so much excitment about a tunnel opening before :)

Delays seem likely later today - There have been reports of a sizeable Fianna Fail obstruction in the tunnel bore emitting a loud noise and a foul malodorous Gas.

- The Green Party have launched an initiative to harness this Gas a source of renewable energy and plan to source and reserve dedicated research funding from us all until April 2030 at a cost of 379 Million.
    Never heard so much excitment about a tunnel opening before :)

Are all of your double-entendres on purpose LL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

take it whichever way you wish

take it whichever way you wish

Lol

Are all of your double-entendres intentional LL?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

At least the tunnel is distracting from all Clare crime thread

Lol

Kids these days.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Lol

If she's stuck for anymore double-entendres I'll give her one

Advertisement