Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help interpreting VAG-Com output

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Ok I got two sets of numbers the first set were quite hard to make out(Might not be right) and on the body of the plug 110 973 999 the second set were on the body of the maf 0 281 002 531.

The plug number is not coming back with anything. The second number is coming back as a VW TDI MAF. In the case of the Passat, it is coming up as being in the following variants:
    VW PASSAT (3C2) 1.9 TDI 03.05 - 105 1896 Engine code BKC

VW PASSAT Variant (3C5) 1.9 TDI 08.05 - 105 1896 Engine code BKC & BLS

Just to be clear exactly where this part number is located: is it on actual MAF (i.e. the part which the plug connects to) or is it on the cylinder into which the maf is screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Ok I got someone with better eye sight the first no on the plug is 1J0 973 999 A I've uploaded a pic with both number locations highlighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

PM Sent! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Just in case it's of any use to anyone else I spoke with Shamwari last week and it looks as though the MAF either needs cleaning or is the incorrect MAF for the car.

I'm going to try clean it this weekend with carb cleaner and wait and see if fault reoccurs.

Thanks to everyone for the help :D

NB

Advertisement