Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 2 17th July

Options
  • 09-07-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

SFIE is proud to bring you our Day of Champions in XGC!

This will consist of tournaments for four different games! That's right four games.

Despite being only the second time this is on, we will be making a change to the the event. There will be now be a featured game. This featured game will based on the game from the previous DOC which had the most attendants. This game will a double elimination and will feature a mystery prize.

The games will be :
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - Featured Game (HDR with classic mode/Akuma Banned)
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom
    Tekken 6
    Guilty Gear XX

Each tournament will be single elimination.
    The tournaments will kick off at two o'clock if there is 16 entrants. Otherwise I will wait for three o'clock to try and get 16 entrants. At three o'clock they will kick off regardless of numbers.

All usual general behaviour rules will be enforced - No turbo, No being an asshole and No white tracksuits.

Cost will be the usual €5 for console rental and €1 for each tournament you wish to enter. There will be no prize pot as this will be a fund raiser for the community.

To offset the lack of prize pot, there will be €20 available for anyone that can place top three in three tournaments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Good stuff Orim, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Shall be there, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Should be there. Can probably bring a wii with TvC and a stick for the wii.

If Red can fix his stick or of anyone else has a Wii stick that'd be handy. Fairly certain Kiki has Accent Core + for Wii if you want to use that version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Or i have GGXX Reload on my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Most likely gonna be there, can bring a copy of Tekken 6 if I can make it.

• Advertisement

Xinkai I am bringing X2 reload on xbox so if Orim wants two systems running same game maybe to speed it up? And I don't mind which GG AC or Reload its cool with me

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

ah **** won't be able to make it. on the bright side you won't lose 20 euros now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

does anyone else have a ps1 to gamecube converter? I could bring in my ps1 stick for the wii if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

fs, gonna miss this one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Is this tourney gonna be on in XGC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

pdbhp wrote: »
    Is this tourney gonna be on in XGC?

Gah I knew there was something I meant to fix from the last ruleset.

Yes it will be on in the XGC.

Orim wrote: »
    Gah I knew there was something I meant to fix from the last ruleset.

Yes it will be on in the XGC.

Well I'm gonna try be there depending on work.
    Never played Tatsunoko vs Capcom wonder if it plays out like street fighter?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well I'm gonna try be there depending on work.
    Never played Tatsunoko vs Capcom wonder if it plays out like street fighter?

If you've played an SF game or a marvel game TvC is familiar enough, just need to remember there's only 1 weak medium and strong attack buttons. :)

If you've played an SF game or a marvel game TvC is familiar enough, just need to remember there's only 1 weak medium and strong attack buttons. :)

Should be easier to handle with a standard Xbox pad then.

Should be easier to handle with a standard Xbox pad then.

It's on Wii and will be played on sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can bring a Classic Controller, and a Wavebird if I can find it.

It's on Wii and will be played on sticks.

Well there goes any chance I have of practicing for this

Well there goes any chance I have of practicing for this

If you have MvC2 then you can practise with that. A lot of the techniques from Marvel will transfer over to TvC

Orim wrote: »
    If you have MvC2 then you can practise with that. A lot of the techniques from Marvel will transfer over to TvC
    Well i got MvC on PS2 so hopefully thet'll be close enough to do some practicing on. Gonna try get a loan of a classic controller for the tourney

I suppose I should get around to unlocking every character in TvC at some stage this week.

Might get a bit of practice in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'll be reppin' Potemkin in GGXX. HEAVENRY POTEMKIN BUSTA.*
    In other games I'll be reppin' whatever grapplers I can find (so Gief, King, and Zero [not a grappler but hell, I love me some MMX series.])

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm gonna be mashing with Jam Kuradoberi.
    Mashing WITH STYLE.

Also it'll sound like utter insanity.
    But not as insane as this:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

Why would you run #Reload over Accent Core when AC is the game that is used pretty much worldwide as the tournament game of choice? Anyone who runs #R clearly isn't looking for any respect.

I would come down to play GG but I work on Saturdays.

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    Why would you run #Reload over Accent Core when AC is the game that is used pretty much worldwide as the tournament game of choice? Anyone who runs #R clearly isn't looking for any respect.

Who said we were using #R? That was all we had until we only realised that Kiki has ^C.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

If you would like another copy I can send one down with someone up here if they're going.

Also, I only brought up the #r issue because it was mentioned by a couple of people and AC was only really mentioned once.

I would love to come down for GG as it is my primary game but alas, I physically cannot.

Cloudpaul wrote: »

To be honest, I'll run whatever games I can get my hands on.

Not looking for any respect, I'm looking to get people playing games that they haven't considered before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I should be up for this.

Think I will record the SSF2T tournament...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

orim can you bring as many vga cables as you can

• Advertisement

sisko/ anima, will you be trying out the new recording stuff tomorrow?

Advertisement