Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Options
  • 09-07-2010 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

Do they though? Personally, I much prefer a smokin' brunette, but then again, I'm not much of a gentleman... So what's your preference, lads?

What's your preference? 117 votes

Hot Blonde
    0% 0 votes
    Smokin' Brunette
    23% 28 votes
    Fiery Redhead
    47% 55 votes
    Rugby Bald
    16% 19 votes
    Anything with a Pulse
    2% 3 votes
    Atari Shag-headed-ari
    10% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Beauty is just a lightswitch away.

Brunette all the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->Gentlemen

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mielag

Brunette!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The whole gentlemen prefer blondes schtick is a throwback to the days of Marilyn Monroe who incidently was still a smoking hotty with her natural hair colour.

Hair colour is the very least important feature when choosing a mate but gun to the head Id have to say black hair FTW.

Where is the black hair option BTW?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I like blondes there deffenatly more fun....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Hmmm either option can be fairly hot tbh. Yes even red-head i.e. Una from The Saturdays (hubba hubba ;))

I know it's a bit of a stereotype, but I'd probably notice a hot blonde walking down the street before any of the others so I chose the blonde!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

I always prefer a red head with a commanding personality myself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Picked brunette but black hair is the ultimate jackpot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Most of the time, when men point out an example of a hot blonde or red head they like, the woman has usually dyed their hair. Does that bother you guys?

I´m a natural blonde who has been red, brown and pink in the past...but I´d love to be able to pull off black. I get the feeling us blondes aren´t taken very seriously sometimes :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Most of the time, when men point out an example of a hot blonde or red head they like, the woman has usually dyed their hair. Does that bother you guys?

Nope, not me anyway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Not me.

Pink would be my favourite, followed closely by red and blonde for a tie in second place. :) Needs to suit the person though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

I get the feeling us blondes aren´t taken very seriously sometimes :-/

Ignorance is bliss I guess..... only kidding! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm partial colour blind anyhow. It's all good to me. Certain hair colours suit certain people better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I´m a natural blonde who has been red, brown and pink in the past...but I´d love to be able to pull off black. I get the feeling us blondes aren´t taken very seriously sometimes :-/
    Ive meet some swomen who are brunets who have monkey nuts for brains... I dont really bas ehair colouring on intelgence...

the way i see it is blonde is bright, its justa nice colour and if a owman can pull it off so be it..

some balc haired women cant pull of being blonde and vice versa..

hair coloutrr isnt the only attractive thing... but its a ncie attractive thing :)

I think blonde and red hair stand out more / have more visual impact. ie: You'd be quicker to notice them in a crowd, hence quicker to notice who the hair was attached to, hence noticing more hot blondes/redheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I prefer brunettes anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Black hair with Middle Eastern coloured skin (not really pale skin eugh-just looks as if the girls unwell) and green/blue eys WOW is the only word. Iranian women are probably the best example-unbeliveable lookers/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I prefer blonds but sure hair colour is one of the least important things I look for in a women

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

There are far more important things than hair colour, like mutual interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Pherekydes wrote: »
    There are far more important things than hair colour, like mutual interest.

I think this is more of a light hearted thread to be honest rather than a 'whats important in a woman' to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Dr. Zeus

Do they though? Personally, I much prefer a smokin' brunette, but then again, I'm not much of a gentleman...
    ?

That's quite obvious dude no need to tell us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Bella_purple

It was a study that "revealed" that gentlemen do preffer blondes because they're more easy-going, flexible. I mean men instantly associate blondes with this traits. Overall, they find the blondes more feminine.
    On the other hand, women tend to preffer black-haired guys, because they find it more masculine, more powerful. If a guys has more testosterone, that is shown in the quantity of hair he has on the body.
    It's a biological study, not a sociological one...

I'm brunette now :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They may also prefer them because "in the wild" blondes were and are rare*. Oh sure our streets and the streets of europe are full of them but the majority are bottle blonde. Though that tapers off the further north you go. So rarer means a better chance of a genetic mix different to your own.

One theory why europeans are the most diverse humans as far as pigmentation goes holds that this evolved because of the varying harsh environment the population for long periods of time was small and isolated groups evolved localised external differences to avoid inbreeding. And they are very diverse compared to the rest of the world's populations who would have dark hair and brown eyes. Actually I cant think of one outside the european context that doesnt. :confused: the european type can go from nearly silver eyes, through blue, green, hazel and brown. Hair can be nearly white to red to mouse to brown to jet black.

*Id put true redheads in the mix too. In some quarters we have the silly and current idea that redheads are gingers and not to be lauded. Defo not the case in the past and today in other cultures they're sought out. The latins go mad for them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

On the other hand, women tend to preffer black-haired guys, because they find it more masculine, more powerful.

Nonsense. My flowing blonde locks are my greatest weapon in finding female companionship. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Based on my previous it would seems I'm a fan of brunettes/gingers, though I wouldn't have thought I like gingers. Hair colour wouldn't be on my list of things I'm looking for if I had a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I prefer all types but I definitely would have a weakness for blondes. I think a lot of it comes down to the skin tone and hair style. Blonde does not suit some people and they would be better off staying brunette. I would also have a weakness for the tanned skin, jet black hair typical of many Mediterranean women. A lot of Galway women have this minus the tan and they pull it off very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Wibbs wrote: »
    They may also prefer them because "in the wild" blondes were and are rare*.

Maybe this is because men don't prefer blondes and the blond gene is dying out as a result? I say this from my experience as a natural mousy blonde. Dyed blondes might get more attention because they're more likely to actively seek it out, having gone to the effort of changing their hair colour.

I have to say that I like blond men but I always seem to end up with men with no hair at all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Blondes rule :D

• Advertisement

Emme wrote: »
    Maybe this is because men don't prefer blondes and the blond gene is dying out as a result? I say this from my experience as a natural mousy blonde. Dyed blondes might get more attention because they're more likely to actively seek it out, having gone to the effort of changing their hair colour.

Maybe the men do like blondes, but get tricked by brunettes disguised as blondes, then have kids with the fake blondes who don't have blonde DNA and in turn dye their hair blonde because men prefer blondes and oh no I have gone crosseyed...

Advertisement