Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Cornmarket one (above the Icon) is 1.50 an hour

Its even cheaper at €1 per hour if you buy their value card for €20. It can be used for 1 hour per day or 6 hours in a month, whatever suits.

It is the best value in town. I always smile when someone moans about the cost of parking in Limerick. Cork is nearly €3 per hour in most centres and as for Dublin....

€1 per hour in Limerick City Centre is fantastic and they should be supported for doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Will definitely be parking there so the next time!

Another tip if you spend 10 euro in Gleeson's Sports, they will validate your parking ticket for the Summer St car park!

Some rta this evening, fubared traffic heading for cork, kerry, clare as South ring road was closed southbound between j29 and j30! There was some amount of traffic on the childers road

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah like the good auld days before the bypass. Traffic mental as feck. Every road was a rat run.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Ah like the good auld days before the bypass. Traffic mental as feck. Every road was a rat run.

Rage inducing Character building

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Rage inducing Character building

Especially the Euroville blind corner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Does anyone know where in town one could be up hermitage greens cd?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Something positive, the City rates are hopefully being reduced from, I think, over €70 to €59.90. It might entice some business into the City, and might keep a few in the city as well.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/city-gets-3-5-million-extra-in-funding-to-make-record-rates-reduction/17086

Does anyone know where in town one could be up hermitage greens cd?

Don't think it is in any city centre store. HMV in the Crescent shopping centre should still have copies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I was originally talking about this on the Patrick Street thread but i felt it would be more appropriate in here.Maybe this sounds like a silly and trivial complaint but is there nothing that they can do about the pigeons inside the train station?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Kess73 wrote: »
    Don't think it is in any city centre store. HMV in the Crescent shopping centre should still have copies though.

Cheers dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

I was originally talking about this on the Patrick Street thread but i felt it would be more appropriate in here.Maybe this sounds like a silly and trivial complaint but is there nothing that they can do about the pigeons inside the train station?:pac:

Birds and train stations go hand in hand, every train station I've been in throughout Europe has had birds in it. They're big open spaces which are open at one end and sheltered.

I know they can be a nuisance but I really don't think there's a whole load that can be done about it.

source wrote: »
    Birds and train stations go hand in hand, every train station I've been in throughout Europe has had birds in it. They're big open spaces which are open at one end and sheltered.

I know they can be a nuisance but I really don't think there's a whole load that can be done about it.

Yeah like i said it probably is a small and trivial complaint in the grand scheme of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'm looking to buy a tv in Limerick. What shops might you recommend for selection and value?

tbh, I am going to going into take a look and ask a few questions on specific sets and then price then against online prices. If there isn't much difference in price (20-30ish) after delivery I'll probably buy local.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Soundstore afaik has always been pretty good, its out in Delta business park. Besides that ask about in harvey normans and whatnot really

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

I'm looking to buy a tv in Limerick. What shops might you recommend for selection and value?

tbh, I am going to going into take a look and ask a few questions on specific sets and then price then against online prices. If there isn't much difference in price (20-30ish) after delivery I'll probably buy local.

Savins on O'Connell Street and Finucanes in Eastway Business Park are two local shops. Finucanes has a small selection. Also Jack Fitzgerald down by the river.

Depends on what you are after really. If you are looking for a good selection and decent prices on lower to mid ranges TVs, then Soundstore would probably be your best bet followed by Currys and then Harvey Norman.

But if you want to pay a little more and buy a mid range set (possibly a slightly earlier model in some cases) from a local business, then Fitzgeralds in town is probably the best of the small local ones and their delivery set up is one that can often put the much bigger chains to shame. Also found Fitzgeralds very good to deal with with any after sales issues.

But of you are after something high end or a speciality set, then you are out of luck in Limerick unless the place up near Gleesons sports on William street has something in stock (cannot remember the name of it, FV Vision or something like that?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Soundstore / FSV on upper william st.

Stay away from Soundstore, their after sales support and service is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 24,040 ✭✭✭✭phog

Try FSV on Upr William St, next door to Gleeson Sports Store, best TV sales shop in Limerick.

Urlan TV on Clare St not too bad either.

3rd choise would be Soundstore, I use here for a lot on my electrical stufff but FSV for TV and the likes.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Stay away from Soundstore, their after sales support and service is poor

The quality of the after sales service is very important because you need that peace of mind if anything goes wrong!Currys have a 5 year cover plan that you can purchase for a product bought there.They will replace an item for you free of charge under that policy even if the damage caused to it was your own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

urlan tv I have found great in the past.

I am not into technology so much and found them god to deal with.

I bought my free to air from them and they installed it years ago, also at the time I bought a second hand tv, one of the big black ones, this was about 7 years and the telly still works perfectly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Birdie086 wrote: »
    urlan tv I have found great in the past.

I am not into technology so much and found them god to deal with.

I bought my free to air from them and they installed it years ago, also at the time I bought a second hand tv, one of the big black ones, this was about 7 years and the telly still works perfectly!!

Thanks lads. I would prefer shop local. I did a fair bit of looking around town today. IMO Harvey Norman had the best selection and I found their staff very knowledgable and helpful. They really explained the quality and value in spending that little bit extra regarding picture quality etc..

I wasn't very impressed with Soundstore's selection tbh. I still have a few more shops to try but I'm wondering would waiting until the January sales be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I really do miss the Todd's Christmas window :(

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    I really do miss the Todd's Christmas window :(

Yeah the automated displays they used to have were very cool, and quite the crowd puller.

The rest of the lights in the city look great this year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭manna452121

Thanks lads. I would prefer shop local. I did a fair bit of looking around town today. IMO Harvey Norman had the best selection and I found their staff very knowledgable and helpful. They really explained the quality and value in spending that little bit extra regarding picture quality etc..

I wasn't very impressed with Soundstore's selection tbh. I still have a few more shops to try but I'm wondering would waiting until the January sales be worth it?
    F S V all the way I have bought a large selection of items from the lads since the opened and found their service/prices excellent.

Yet another van driver having an argument with a traffic warden. He was giving him a ticket for overstaying in a loading bay. Says you are only allowed 15 mins yet no sign to say the rules are changed.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Yet another van driver having an argument with a traffic warden. He was giving him a ticket for overstaying in a loading bay. Says you are only allowed 15 mins yet no sign to say the rules are changed.

Thought it was 30 minutes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Does anyone know what's in the building on the Ballysimon Road across from Munster Fair Tavern/Great Gas and next to Ger Malone's?

Just being curious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement