Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twenty Six Point Something Something OR A Study in Lackadaisical Sub 3 Hour Marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

roughly 3 and a half mile warm up, 6x2min hill repeats :eek: and a roughly 3 and a half mile cool down. Very proud of myself that I did all 6 hill repeats and jogged the recoveries even though I was debating with myself to call it a day after 5. Nice day out too, sunny and breezy :)

Total mileage: 280

7 miles in 55:41, fierce hot out so I got to work on my farmer's tan at the same time.

Total mileage: 287

3.5 miles in 23:59, I've been skipping a lot of sunday's long runs because they really don't fit into my schedule, instead i'm going to move long runs to a monday because i'm generally not working and it'll get it out of the way at the beginning of the week, and I won't have it hanging over me. This will hopefully bring my mileage up to where it should be.

Total weekly mileage: 40.5
    Total mileage: 290.5

7 miles in 50:52, I'm frustrated at every turn in my attempts to belt out a long run, this time work rang asking me to come in on my day off :mad: I WILL get a 19-20 mile run done this week.

Total mileage: 297.5

9ish miles in 67:02. This was a run of two halves because I got caught short about half way into my run and had to call into some friends house to use their facilities (finished the bog roll and forgot to mention it :() and then ended up walking with a friend to another friend's house where I had a half hour of a puck around with a hurley :P and then I carried on. Good craic had by all (except whoever is using the jacks next!).

Total mileage: 306.5

6 miles in 42:24 (7:03 min/mile). Trying to get into the habit of not staring at my feet when I run.

Total mileage: 312.5

7 miles in 49:32 (7:04 min/mile). Keeping me head up is doing wonders for my posture and makes the whole run easier in general, I approve.

Total mileage: 319.5

Been a bit lax about updating this lately but I'm back on track, a quick summary of the running starting with my most recent and working back:

5 miles in 34:25

5 miles in 34:03

7 miles in 48:11

5 miles in 32:09

7 miles in 50:01

The cushion in my runners has been completely gone for the last while which has made my training a high impact sport and put a dent in my desire to get out there :o so I've finally gotten around to getting a new pair (lime green Asics GT-2150s oh yeaaah...) and did my first run in them today which was heaven compared to the past few weeks, onwards and upwards from here!!

Total mileage: 348

hopefully getting out for another 3.5 miles tonight.

14.5 miles in 1:41 (6:57 min/mile). Pretty happy with this, went out on a whim and managed sub 7 min miles without too much effort, was dying for a poo the whole way round too.

Total mileage: 362.5

Ran a 5:12 minute mile today on the track off no mile specific training (pretty happy with that!). Did another 2 miles around with a buddy.

Total mileage: 365.5

Haven't updated this in a while, first week back at college and work isn't leaving me a whole lot of time. So far I've done:

3.5 miles in 23:47

7 miles in 54:27

3.5 miles in 26:39

7 miles in 49:48

Total mileage: 381.5