Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newmarket this week

Options
  • 06-07-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

Lillie Langtry and Starspangledbanner Double is about 13/2.. thinking of going big on that.
    Obviously I'd prefer to wait till wednesday to put the bet on but am just a tad worried that the prices might drop even further, particularly for Starspangledbanner.

what do you all reckon?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I think Special Duty is a better proposition than the APOB horse, If it gets a clear run it'll win I reckon. Liking the look of Kinsale King e/w in the July Cup, Will find it tough to reverse form with Starspangledbanner but 13/8 is a terrible price in such a race IMO. Society Rock looks overpriced too, Well weighted and lots of scope for improvement. Tough race to call but couldn't back a 13/8 shot in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Yea I could be swayed into backing special duty, but personally i think it'll take something special to beat Starspangledbanner and don't see that something special on friday's card.

Might just have to lump on the latter if I can't decide who to pick in the falmouth

My head's all over the place with who to back in the bigger races, I'll deal with it when the time comes. SSB looks a special horse but not sure if it can repeat its run at Ascot. I expect Kinsale King to run better than he did there, Could well reverse the form IMO.

Special Duty always finds trouble but looks to have a very good chance to me, Always liked her though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

The sprint looks the best one for years.

Starspangledbanner look way too short, and he wont get his own way if Equiano runs. Equiano has looked unstoppable this year and has been finishing his races very well,buy 6f is not certain 16/1 :eek:. Kingsgate Native, didnt run up to scratch last time, but is well capable in this and looks way overpriced at 16/1. When is saw SSBs last race i made a note to back Marchand Dor next time as he was flying when stopped 1f out and he is also 16/1..

Id be tempted to back all these EW and almost certain to lock up a profit, but really ill be going for Equiano, which is really overpriced, and has looked like he can do another lap after his 5f races this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The Falmouth looks a hot race and is between Lily Langtry, Special Duty and Music Show. Music Show has been rather unlucky in her races this year, she always seems to come from too far back but finishes well in her races. If you watch the Coronation she was finishing best of all but again had to come from too far back. If she is ridden closer to the front and she has time to find her feet she could win. I think there is a Group 1 in her this season and she could be a good each-way bet @ 10-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Warper wrote: »
    The Falmouth looks a hot race and is between Lily Langtry, Special Duty and Music Show. Music Show has been rather unlucky in her races this year, she always seems to come from too far back but finishes well in her races. If you watch the Coronation she was finishing best of all but again had to come from too far back. If she is ridden closer to the front and she has time to find her feet she could win. I think there is a Group 1 in her this season and she could be a good each-way bet @ 10-1.

Nice - Music Show pissed it - took the 10-1 yesterday

Richard Hughes really brought the best out of her, They should keep him on board from now on!

Special Duty went amiss altogether. Rainfall would of won it IMO but she got a bit tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

eughhh had Memory and Lilly Langtry in a double, was gonna do Music show and Memory ffs.

got a fiver on at 10.5 just incase, but would have been a sweeter double had i stuck to my guns :(

hate when that happens.

Unlucky man that's always how it goes. :( Trust your instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Its the way my luck is going lately happened with Cape Blanco last week and Workforce in the Epsom, definitley just gonna stick with my insticts in future lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Fair play to those on Music Show and fireback.
    Hughes gave MS and Memory great rides.

My only bet of the day is ew on Sweet child o'mine in the 5.30. 14/1.
    Never out of 1st 3, bottom weight, won over distance, gets on well with Franny Norton. I know it's a step up, but paying 1-4, that's the beer money or stay in and watch the semi decider for me for tonight !!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i like harris tweed at 1.30 5/2

couldnt have been more impressive when breaking the track
    record last time at musselburgh
    big step up in class but i think it will go very close regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Gone

1pt Corsica @ 5/2 - Spanish Moon @ 7/4 Double

3pt Spanish Moon @ 7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

gone for very good day in the first purely cause i got a free bet from my music show winner yesterday from bet365,so many good races today will most likely just watch the betting today and back close to the off

Nulty wrote: »
    Gone

1pt Corsica @ 5/2 - Spanish Moon @ 7/4 Double

3pt Spanish Moon @ 7/4

Thats 6.5pts going on Spanish Moon @ 7/4

Thats 6.5pts going on Spanish Moon @ 7/4

Shoite.

Anyway, I took 5/1 ew on Fleeting Spirit. She'll come on for the run, has CD form, finished brilliantly last time, shouldn't be out of the frame, is drawn nextdoor to the pace where Starspangled and Equiano will kill each other (fingerscrossed) and will have Kinsale King to beat off with Nicconi which she ought to do by finding the far rail.

Quids in! :p

(Thats provided Dettori doesn't do what he did on Nicconi)

I've had a great Newmarket so far. +41 points in the first two days, Hopefully it's the same story tomorrow. Although my luck is surely up!

I think the first race at Newmarket will be decided by the pace. There are a lot of pacey types in there and many will by fighting for the lead hopefully setting it up for a closer.

Sea Lord
    Musaafer
    Colepeper
    Karaka jack
    No Hubris

All seem to be keen or leading in their races.

Finest reserve is exposed but has closed well off a strong pace before, closing strongly at Ayr last time where he was 2lbs overweight and 2lbs out of the handicap. The form of that race is looking very good with the first two running 2nd and 4th in the July Stakes Yesterday and the third winning next time at Hamilton beating the Hambleton winner Yawal. Theres a huge amount to potential in the field but with the likely pace, I think Finest Reserve has a chance better than his odds - 12/1.

My 2 cents

Ocean Bay in the second is a massive price. He ran on very well on his debut behind Retainer and Sikeeb and passing Julius Geezer on the way. Julius Geezer has come out and won a conditions stakes since, Sikeeb won next time out also and Retainer hasn't been seen since. The trainer of Ocean Bay won this race last year with Silver Grecian (a horse I took to - but backed Roi De Vitesse ew in stead :P). He'll know whether Ocean Bay stands up to that quality and at 25/1 I'm willing to go each way and steal a place like I did last year.

Imperial Guest and Freeforaday against the field in the Bunbury

• Advertisement

You missed out Mr Irons as a potential pace setter, Although I'd rather if he just sits behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bun Junior

Surely Equiano is the e/w value today @16/1?

x PyRo wrote: »
    You missed out Mr Irons as a potential pace setter, Although I'd rather if he just sits behind them.

I certainly did. He's led and been prominant but hasn't pulled. He'll be up there too. Well they can't all be up there, some of them will have to drop back and he's one more llikely to do that. Its pretty hard to predict.

Finest Reserve is into 8/1 in some places :( I'm not on yet of course

Bun Junior wrote: »
    Surely Equiano is the e/w value today @16/1?

Yeah but isn't it a little weird that theres no market confidence there? He's drawn right next door to Starspangled too so they'll do each other no favours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

My bets for today are
    3.10 Niconni (16s)
    3.10 Varenar (33s) (e/w)
    2.00 King torus (5s)
    1.30 Finest Reserve (8s) (e/w)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

2:25 Ascot the long game and starspangledbanner in the 3.10 newmarket is my bets for today

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

this is off topic but could some one tell me how to put up a screen shot

If I ever meeet Frankie Dettori I'm going to kick him in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bun Junior

Yeah but isn't it a little weird that theres no market confidence there? He's drawn right next door to Starspangled too so they'll do each other no favours

Didn't do each other any harm. Finish 1,2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

pejesus wrote: »
    this is off topic but could some one tell me how to put up a screen shot

ive never used it myself but i believe most people use photobucket
    to put up screen shots.
    its probably straight forward enough...must try it myself in the meantime :)

Advertisement