Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honour - OPEN beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Grab your keys while they're hot .....

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/medal-of-honor/

Quickly... quickly.. login.. make account... download sloowly.. run.. make EA account.. use unique beta key.. key not recognised.. FFFUUUUUUUU

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Quickly... quickly.. login.. make account... download sloowly.. run.. make EA account.. use unique beta key.. key not recognised.. FFFUUUUUUUU

Did you redeem the key to make it a usable one first?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    Did you redeem the key to make it a usable one first?

Yep you need to click on the:

2. Redeem your key

Link in the email.

You then log in with your EA account, and it presents your beta code - which is the one you enter.

I'll be giving this a go later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How big is the download? Also, is it open already? I got my key earlier, but am in work so cant check.

Kiith wrote: »
    How big is the download? Also, is it open already? I got my key earlier, but am in work so cant check.

~750MB iirc

Its open as of now, so you should be able to d/l and jump straight in once you've redeemed your code.

Haven't joined yet myself, just d/l it last night, so will give it a bash later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Pretty impressive to be honest.
    Its BC2 but more infantry based.
    Comparisons to MW2 are inevitable but this is a lot better than MW2.
    No run and gun BS, thankfully.
    Im liking that objective game mode.

Cool, can't wait to give this a go later.

GFX I assume are similar to BC2 - how does the engine run? Curious if any optimisations have been implemented.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

GFX I assume are similar to BC2 - how does the engine run? Curious if any optimisations have been implemented.

Of what I saw the engine was plenty fast, but there were smaller constricted maps, with less vegetation, and no destructable scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

before you start playing go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Medal of Honor MP Beta and open the settings.ini and change the fov from 55.

Burgo wrote: »
    before you start playing go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Medal of Honor MP Beta and open the settings.ini and change the fov from 55.

i.e same tweaks as BC2, being the same engine.

• Advertisement

Its very smooth mate,im running at max settings and res etc and shes silky smooth.
    spec is Q6600, 8 gig DDR, ati 4870 1 gig

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not too impressed with this at all. Doesn't add anything over BC:2 for me. If anything the lack of destructible environments take from the game. On Pc the lack of a dedicated lean key and prone make it feel like a dumbed down console shooter. (One of my major gripes in BC:2 also)

Being hit with an M9 from about 100m away is just ridiculous considering i had hit the guy with an SVD round straight in the chest.
    The addition of mortar strikes add nothing to the game especially without terrain deformation.

The level design also borrows heavily from both BC:2 and MW. Kabul City Ruins feels like it's been taken straight from MW and Helmand Alley, think thats what its called looks like it's pulled straight from BC:2.

Gameplay wise it doesn't feel very tactical, leaning more towards COD than anything with guys just running and gunning all over the place.

Graphics wise everything seems extremely bright or something and weapon models aren't fantastic.

I find it hard to see where this game is going to gain longetivity from as I don't feel it does enough different from either MW or BC:2 or as well as either. I know it's still in beta phase but without fundemantal overhaul, it's not one I'll be buying.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Doesn't add anything over BC:2 for me
    Im not sure its meant to but yeah i take your point.
    If anything the lack of destructible environments take from the game.
    I like the welcome change,kinda feels somewhat oldschool :)
    On Pc the lack of a dedicated lean key and prone make it feel like a dumbed down console shooter.
    Ive never used lean key tbh in any fps, as for prone its the biggest nono for me in fps games,it encourages prone divers and prone campers imo.
    Being hit with an M9 from about 100m away is just ridiculous considering i had hit the guy with an SVD round straight in the chest.
    Havent had this happen yet but im only playing today for first time :)
    I wouldnt be surprised if what you say is true,its a common occurance in BC2.
    The level design also borrows heavily from both BC:2 and MW. Kabul City Ruins feels like it's been taken straight from MW and Helmand Alley, think thats what its called looks like it's pulled straight from BC:2.
    I think thats inevitable considering its set a modern theatre of war, i cant see how they could do it differently yet stick to a modern theme.
    Gameplay wise it doesn't feel very tactical, leaning more towards COD than anything with guys just running and gunning all over the place.
    From what ive played its totally the opposite.

Its early days, so far i just like the way the game plays and how the weapons feel, horses for courses and all that :)
    Its far from perfect but what fps on the market is?
    I agree that it doesnt bring too much new but i didnt expect it to either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I prefer my FPS at a slower pace to be honest, thats why I'd prefer the inclusion of prone and a lean option. I can see where your coming from saying it would encourage campers but it wouldn't have to, although I admit a majority of players would use it like this.

I just hoped it would bring something different, more squad based, although this is probably because I have being playing with randomers, but it just feels like when people spawn they just rush for the frontline to get mowed down, and repeat.

I just don't know why they had to include mortars and the like, it just feels as a concession to MW, espicially as I feel as this is being billed as a CQB FPS.

As far as the environments go take a look at Operation Arrowheads urban areas to see what could be done in a middle eastern setting. Completely different form MW or BC and gives a real claustrophobic feel in narrow streets and small compounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

All the keys are gone for today....ffs. Does that mean more are allocated tonite at 12midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    All the keys are gone for today....ffs. Does that mean more are allocated tonite at 12midnight?
    I just signed up and got a key, so I think so.

Funny, they must have worked on the server / net code since BC2.

With my crappy temp O2 dongle, I can play this no problem without disconnects, but will only last 2 mins before being disconnected from BC2...

Anyone with a SPARE Beta key for a poor orphan who just won a recycled PC....never played an online game before just looking for some fun while I wait for an adoptive parent....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Anyone with a SPARE Beta key for a poor orphan who just won a recycled PC....never played an online game before just looking for some fun while I wait for an adoptive parent....:(

Only 11 days on bfbc2, poor you :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

it's not bad.... i'm fairly sure there are some recycled bc2 soundbytes in there too. otherwise, it's very pretty and runs extremely smooth. gameplay is what you expect with the frostbite engine, except it's all close quarter combat. I have had more satisfaction killing someone in MOH beta than bc2 too tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Are keys still going out?

Are keys still going out?

Nope, all gone unless you want to pre-order :(

Here is another.
    Enter your email and you will get a code in the next hour.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The PlayStation 3 and PC betas are running now, and Xbox 360 is coming soon. [/FONT]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=Medal_of_Honor_2010&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q4d6564616c5f6f665f486f6e6f725f32303130~~ncabcat0700000%23%233%23%233&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

done, thanks :)

Okay....so I have the BETA installed but can only access about 10 USA servers!

Is this correct....hope its not coz the key was generated from a US game store BEST BUY. Therefore settings are for US.

I selected Great Britain at the start, hope I don't get same results as you :)

Although, maybe the servers are US only for the beta.

Nope, while the server broswser leaves a lot to be desired (can;t even scroll using mouse wheel :rolleyes:) you should certainly get UK and European servers.

Left the PC on to download the client while I go out for 2 hours or so, let's hope no-one turns it off or nothing happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Okay....so I have the BETA installed but can only access about 10 USA servers!

Is this correct....hope its not coz the key was generated from a US game store BEST BUY. Therefore settings are for US.
    Can't tell where the servers are from but no problem with pings when playing anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Hey guys,

Xtra-Vision shops received Medal of Honour Beta Keys, so, if you pre-order the game (€5), you will be given one. Just ask before you pre-order to make sure they have not run out. Should the game prove to be awful, return to said Xtra-Vision and get your deposit back. :)

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement

Just hit playmaker or match maker or what ever the **** it is...dont go into browser to find a game.

Pings are good, I dont really like it and I certainly wont be buying it. I would have if BFBC2 was not out but overall even from the beta BF2 is a better game.

It really is not different enough over even COD to justify €50

Advertisement