Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't puke on Ryanair, whatever you do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Moral of the story: If you would like to be treated like a human being, pay the Human Being Surcharge and fly Aer Lingus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I would rather walk than fly with Ryanair tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I flew out from UK to Fortunventura on 30 june with Ryanair returning last wednesday night and compared to some , it was one of the more pleasent Ryanair trips I have made in recent years although I'm all to aware of the grief people can sometimes have flying with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

D_murph wrote: »
    Hmm, so what would he do if he had the runs so :eek::eek::eek:?

It being Ryanair, it would've been the same - sit there and somehow deal with it. What is it with people being sick on Ryanair flights so often? Never experienced anything like that on other flights with other airlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

etymon wrote: »
    My cousin was on a flight to UK at the weekend and the poor fella behind her was ill due to all the turbulence.
    He informed the air hostess that he was going to be sick and asked for a sick bag and they said they didn't 'do' them! Cutting costs and that.
    He proceeded to be sick all over himself and the only 'assistance' he got was the air hostess giving out to him for getting some on the seat!
    Won't stop me flying with them though - will just bring my own sick bag. Or try to get as much as I can on the seat, maybe.

I was on a Ryanair flight last week and one of our group was feeling a little sick so we asked for a sickbag. Air hostess gave us one, no quibbles. In fairness it makes sense to give them out, what is cheaper and quicker a small paper bag or delaying the turnaround time of an aircraft?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Never noticed anyone getting sick myself ,as long as the yoke lands were it's suppose to ,I don't care I haven't got wings myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I would rather pay Aer Lingus €100 for a flight to London than pay Ryanair €1 for the same trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

He's a bit of a tool to get sick on himself, if they told me there was no sick bag I would have said all right so and spewed in the isle. If they won't supply sick bags then they will have to deal with the sick simple as that. They could try to stop you if they like but then you can just get sick on them and that should get the staff complaining back to management. Nothing would give me more satisfaction than to get sick on one of them in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Who the fúck gets travel sick past the age of 5?! Even then it only happens when the old man drives way too fast on long journeys. Guy deserves to be covered in spew, maybe next time he goes on a journey it will teach him not to call for Huey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

D-Generate wrote: »
    Who the fúck gets travel sick past the age of 5?! Even then it only happens when the old man drives way too fast on long journeys. Guy deserves to be covered in spew, maybe next time he goes on a journey it will teach him not to call for Huey.

I worked with stena on the fast ferry for 9 summers til i got a permanent teaching job. It was always the men who were travel sick!!!! And the "hard GAA" men were the worst! Oh the memories!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Who the fúck gets travel sick past the age of 5?!

If you are someone who gets "travel sick" then the speed of the vehicle can have a profound effect. I remember (vividly) being sick as a dog on a cruise ship at the age of 3, on the return journey we sailed on a fast ship, I wes fine on the fast ship.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't ask him to clean it up himself or charge him for the cleaning knowing Ryanair!!
    How much do Taxi's charge for cleaning up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

How much do Taxi's charge for cleaning up ?
    €35 I think.

I asked for a sick bag on Ryanair there 2 weeks ago and got one so maybe they were just out?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

this happenen on 1 of my flights 2 ! I wasent sick but some woman! There was quite a bit of turblence and no sick bag in the seat pocket so 1 of the cabin crew got out of her seat and did her best to reach the woman without falling, she gave her a bin bag thing as it was the last flight of the day and there were very few sick bags left! The crew member was very kind to the lady regulary checking on her :rolleyes:
    This was on Aer Lingus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

€140 in a taxi these days. Not too unfair when you think about it, cab could be off the road for a day with the smell.

I can just see the MOL press release now - "if you feel the urge to throw up on one of our flights, please inform the flight attendant who will be happy to take the €140 soiling charge from you by cash, cheque or Laser card"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I would rather pay Aer Lingus €100 for a flight to London than pay Ryanair €1 for the same trip.

That's pretty stupid considering it's a 40min flight. I use Ryanair for football and consider it like a sort of knacker bus I'm forced to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Everyone who flies Ryanair likes to complain, but at the end of the day, their prices beat their service.

Stop complaining and fly Aer Lingus if you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Why didn't he just swallow it down....

it'd be better than the food they serve anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The fanfare they play for arriving on time almost makes me sick. Wow you arrived on time. Big ****ing deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I dont care how bad i feel. Unless i am pissed drunk and passing out I would never get sick on myself.

I guarantee you if he had turned to the person in the isle seat and said "let me out I am going to be sick" he would have had a free run

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

Or maybe they were just being CNUTS!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

Brendog wrote: »
    Why didn't he just swallow it down....

it'd be better than the food they serve anyway

Ah man that never works for me......... i just get more sick from the thought of just swallowing sick! Works out TWICE as bad!:pac::pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

falan wrote: »

Best of luck when you reach the irish coast.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Who the fúck gets travel sick past the age of 5?!

People who suffer from.....wait for it.....TRAVEL SICKNESS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_sickness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Stop complaining and fly Aer Lingus if you don't like it.

The problem with that is not service or price it's routes. For some destinations there is no other carrier (without getting into some kind of planes trains and automobiles type scenario).

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

couldnt he have asked someone for a bag? :confused: ive never takrn a flight without picking something up , even if its just a pack of sandwiches and a bottle of water

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

falan wrote: »

Yes but if you only fly at 6am and book your flight 3 months in advance and only bring the clothes you're wearing and check in online 5 days before and print out your own boarding card and then survive Ryanair gate chance bingo you can get your flight for 50 euro less and land 200km away from where they claim your flight is going to! added bonus you get to be smug on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭cson

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The fanfare they play for arriving on time almost makes me sick. Wow you arrived on time. Big ****ing deal.

Try flying BMI, Aer Lingus or BA and come back with that. All three I've experienced significant delays on, and I can tell you it's a big ****ing deal to me. I've missed days holidays/last buses/meetings/family events because of it.

I'll suffer that annoying jingle for the sole fact that in the 8/9 odd Ryanair return flights I've taken each year in the last 4 years I've not been late once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I had a bad experience my one and only time flying with them. I won't fly with them again.

Advertisement