Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaked Froyo HTC Sense ROM for the Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Some of the other devs on XDA are claiming that the radio is actually for the EVO because it contains a lot of WIMAX and dual camera files. It has also sim locked anyone that is on the UK Orange network. Obviously that won't affect many (or any!) here but I would urge caution before flashing this one. No harm in waiting a day or two to see what happens to the early adopters...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got a mirror and am running it now.

It's pretty simple, he just makes it sound very complicated.

1. Wipe everything
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Reboot the phone and start it as normal
    4. Reboot the phone into recovery and flash the radio

Then after that it should work as expected.
    Thought so.I just had a bit of a brain fart :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Things to note...

Reception has improved a GREAT deal. I used to get about 1 bar of reception back with the original radio and with this I get 3-4 bars. WiFi reception has improved as well.

No slowdowns anymore when you scroll through lists and swiping between homescreens is smooth as smooth can be. The new flashlight app is brilliant as well. 720p works perfectly well in both MPEG4, H.263 and H.264. 480p is much more smoother than it previously was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Things to note...

Reception has improved a GREAT deal. I used to get about 1 bar of reception back with the original radio and with this I get 3-4 bars. WiFi reception has improved as well.

No slowdowns anymore when you scroll through lists and swiping between homescreens is smooth as smooth can be. The new flashlight app is brilliant as well. 720p works perfectly well in both MPEG4, H.263 and H.264. 480p is much more smoother than it previously was.

What kind of fps do you think you are getting recording at 720p?

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    What kind of fps do you think you are getting recording at 720p?
    I'd say 15fps. Not too shabby considering that HTC haven't even released this ROM and that it was in dark conditions. It'll more than likely improve by the time the official ROM is out.

There seems to be some unfinalised DivX support in the ROM as well. It detects the .avis I have as being video files but when I go to play them it opens the video player and displays the total time and the seek bar e.t.c but then it just exits back to the homescreen. Promising work from HTC anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sounds good PAMG :)

Hey for old time sakes, would you go into the HTC "people" app and see if there is an option to choose which groups to sync would ya? :P

cormie wrote: »
    Sounds good PAMG :)

Hey for old time sakes, would you go into the HTC "people" app and see if there is an option to choose which groups to sync would ya? :P
    Doesn't look like it =/

You can filter which contacts to view though which is the only new feature apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah well, guess I'll have to just do the contacts app again ;)

I'll give it a week or 3 anyway and wait for the bugs to be ironed out hopefully by then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Thanks for the info/ review. Any issues with locking onto a location as some mentioned on the thread? Think id prefer this fixed before getting onboard

Thanks for the info/ review. Any issues with locking onto a location as some mentioned on the thread? Think id prefer this fixed before getting onboard
    Doesn't appear to be a major problem by the look of it. I've tried GPS and it got a lock as quick as it usually does.

• Advertisement

And we're up and running.Giggidy giggidy.Giggidy goo :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

Bah, i got some error about the clock image being corrupt:confused:

I will try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

No slowdowns anymore when you scroll through lists and swiping between homescreens is smooth as smooth can be..

That's the big thing I've noticed ... also 100% stable so far, and no geolocation issues (touch wood!)

Interested to hear if anyone comes across any bugs or stability issues

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Just put it live on mine. It doesn't sim lock a branded o2 desire by the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hey, anyone confirm how the apps2SD works on this?

Currently I have my Sd card partitioned, I'm guessing I don't need this anymore,

Should I just reinstall everything from the market after installing this ROM and let the OS save the apps off where most appropriate?

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hey, anyone confirm how the apps2SD works on this?

Currently I have my Sd card partitioned, I'm guessing I don't need this anymore,

Should I just reinstall everything from the market after installing this ROM and let the OS save the apps off where most appropriate?

Cheers!!

Depends on if you have had space issues in the past.

If you don't install a bazillion apps, its best to let the phone decide, Widgets and the like are best left on the phone as they don't get closed when you mount the SD Card etc, and performance is better generally if an app is running off the phone.

If you install a bazillion apps, and have had space issues in the past, put everything on SD card.

Whats best is really up to you and how you use your phone.

You will have to restart your widgets or your phone, to get your widgets back, after mounting your SD Card if you have them on the SD Card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

How do I decide where an App gets installed, do you choose or does Android automatically put it on theSD card.

At the moment I've got more apps than would fit on the internal memory....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

How do I decide where an App gets installed, do you choose or does Android automatically put it on theSD card.

Its determined by the Application. In the manifest file i believe. I did hear talk of you being able to modify the manifest yourself to allow you to install it on the SD card.

Info here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'd like to give this a go but I've not rooted my desire yet.
    Can anyone point me to a guide so I can update my desire.

The ROM has an App bundled with it called set install location.
    Just gives a choice of Auto,Internal,External so you can force all apps to the SD card if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

I can't get the SetInstallLocation app to work - just black screen until i back out of it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Can aps be moved to the sd card after installation?

Can aps be moved to the sd card after installation?
    Only if the developer has set this up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Does this have full flash 10.1 for video playback ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What's the best (if any) way to backup apps, data and settings before I do this? MyBackup Pro?

Last time I backed up (forget the program I used) the apps weren't linked to the market when I restored. Is there any way to keep that link? (so I get update notifications, etc.)

Also, will Market Enabler still work with this ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Goodshape wrote: »
    What's the best (if any) way to backup apps, data and settings before I do this? MyBackup Pro?

You can use appBrain App Market to sync your list of apps and re-install them all after. Will re-download though I think....

Got wireless N running now too.Only problem is it was part of a pack thats after changing my emoticons to the Xperia ones.I miss my little green guy :(

I also like the little slidey out thingy on the updated messaging app when you go to attach something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

im up and running, its very nice.

• Advertisement

I have some problems since I installed this ROM

1. Can only get online with wifi not mobile netwrok, I turn it on but nothing happens
    2. in people a lot of my contacts don't show up their facebook photos even though the facebook profile is linked.

Anyone had any similar issues and if so any way to resolve, thinking of going back to 2.1, will I have to flash another radio for that to work properly?

Advertisement