Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help To Move On?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My ex broke it off with me a couple of months ago, and I said a few rude remarks as she was playing me around. I won't get into it but she was acting the maggot a bit. Essentially, I feel guilty over what I said, despite the fact that it was warranted albeit not to the extent to what I said. I was immature, and take full responsability.

I am over her, but I have a niggling feeling to tell her that I'm sorry for my closing remarks. I feel as if it is unfair to be on bad terms kinda if we were to ever see each other again. We are both seeing other people, although she is in a relationship, and I am having fun myself.

Should I apologize? Or should I leave it, and I suppose, live with my guilt? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Hi guys,

My ex broke it off with me a couple of months ago, and I said a few rude remarks as she was playing me around. I won't get into it but she was acting the maggot a bit. Essentially, I feel guilty over what I said, despite the fact that it was warranted albeit not to the extent to what I said. I was immature, and take full responsability.

I am over her, but I have a niggling feeling to tell her that I'm sorry for my closing remarks. I feel as if it is unfair to be on bad terms kinda if we were to ever see each other again. We are both seeing other people, although she is in a relationship, and I am having fun myself.

Should I apologize? Or should I leave it, and I suppose, live with my guilt? Thanks guys.

its a sign of weakness to make an unwarranted appology , you say your ex cheated on you , surely it her who should be appologising , women dont like weak men so put it behind you i say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

She cheated on you! You are entitled to say a few rude things! I wouldn't be very sorry for it either, may make her think twice before she does the same to some other poor fella.

Are you sure you aren't looking for an excuse to get back into contact with her? You seem to know a lot of what's going on in her life...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭28064212

irishh_bob wrote: »
    you say your ex cheated on you , surely it her who should be appologising
    She cheated on you! You are entitled to say a few rude things!
    she was playing me around != she played around on me. I'm assuming the OP meant the non-cheating version.

OP, if you actually want to stay in contact with her as friends, then it would be worth apologising. If not, and you don't really care whether you see her again, then there's not much point. I'd be more worried about why you're feeling this much guilt over a relatively minor thing after this amount of time

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I'm inclined to think that in these circumstances what is done is done. You don't owe her anything and while you sound like a lovely chap in feeling remorseful about what you said, I would question your true intentions a little. If you are harbouring some hope in getting back in touch with her again just to be in contact again and become "friends"....don't bother. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭katie99

I agree with the other posters here. Don't apologise to her. She played you and deserved a tongue-lashing. Hopefully, she will have learned her lesson. And if anyone is to apologise it is her.
    It is always the well reared people who are always willing to apologise for things they said when provoked. Instead, they should be firmer.
    Women like a guy to stand up for themselves. Not crumble.
    You sound as if you are anticipating meeting her by accident and are anxious that there wouldn't be any drama between you. That doesn't mean you have to apologise to her.
    Like ask yourself this question: If you had a daughter and her bf messes her around and she shot a lot of verbals at him, do yo think she should then apologise to him a few months later?

• Advertisement
Advertisement