Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Help needed please! Secondary Teaching

• 02-07-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ sprocket1978

Hi everyone :)
    I have been all over the internet searching for information on this matter and i am exhausted with dead ends,im praying that someone can advise me.im hoping im in the right place..
    I have an BA Hons in Fine art and am hoping to get my Hdip in Teaching this year, my plan is to finish college,do a years experience then apply for my visa to emigrate to OZ.

I have a few questions,sorry this is so long

1 :The school year, what happens during the summer,are teachers still "employed" with the school? I need 12 months experience in 24 and as the school year covers Sept to June,does that mean i would have to be re-employed the following year and work the two full years in Ireland before i would be able to apply for my visa?
    (I am concerned i may get stuck in a vicious circle of being employed 1 yr and possibly loose out the next and have to start from scratch again etc)

2: How many paid hours a week do secondary school teachers work? I am hearing a maximum of 22, but surely that cant be true?
    I need a minimum of 20 per week for my visa but im worried that a new teacher may work considerably fewer initially.

3:Also i know im probably fooling myself thinking i will get work straight away in this climate but does anyone know what chances i actually will have? Will a move to England have to be on the cards?

Please please please if anyone can help me at all with these questions****
    Thanks a million**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ swatki

Hi Im just wondering have you got your Hdip and what your experience was of it and visa issues so far ?
    Thank you

Advertisement