Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

[COMPETITION] Win a VIP track day at Mondello in a Mazda MX-5 Race Car!

Options
  • 01-07-2010 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Clipboard01.jpg

One for all the budding designers and car fans out there - design the paint decal of the new Team Ireland Mazda MX-5 Race Car.
    Check out http://www.designmx-5.ie

There are loads of more prizes to be won on this website for those who design the new Team Ireland Mazda MX-5 Race Car!

Open_Race_track_13__jpg300.jpg

This very car competed against other European nations in Feb this year, and will take to the track again in early 2011, so make sure you are part of motor history!

There is an online design editor on the website, which you can use to create your design. Or for the more serious designers amongst you, you can use Photoshop or Illustrator to create your design and then upload onto the site. You can view current entries on the website for inspiration.

The competition is open to three age categories (under 12, 12-16 and 16+) to encourage creativity across all age. The closing date is July 18 and the winner will be announced on July 31.

About the Mazda MX-5

The Mazda MX-5 is a classic blend of performance and handling and has caught the imagination of driving enthusiasts for years!

Listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s best selling two-seat sports car, nearly a million people throughout the world have discovered what makes this car so special.

Now celebrating its 20th Anniversary, the Mazda MX-5 continues to deliver driving thrills and excitement. The current generation Mazda MX-5 was developed with the Jinba Ittai philosophy: a Japanese phrase meaning oneness between car and driver.

Behind the wheel you will experience this feeling in the very first corner. With each steering input, every gear change, you feel directly connected with the car and the road.

Visit Mazda’s website for more information on their fleet of cars or follow them on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mazdaireland
    However, to celebrate their new website and Facebook page, the lovely people at Mazda are offering one lucky Boards.ie member the chance to win a VIP track day at Mondello.

Mondello%20School%20logo.jpg
    Would you like to win a VIP track day at Mondello Park’s Motor Racing School?

The winner of this competition will be assigned a personal race instructor who will guide you on the finer skills of track driving in the Mazda3.

Once you have become accustomed to the track, its time to experience 10 timed laps in a single seat sports car!

Your VIP day is not finished there as you will then take to the track in the Team Ireland Mazda MX-5 Race car for the ultimate Zoom-Zoom experience. The course lasts 3-4 hours.
    To enter, just post below with your answer to this question:

Q: If you could team up with one Irish person to race in the Mazda MX-5 with, who would it be and why?

The entries the judges consider to be the most creative answer will win. You could also consider becoming a fan on Facebook!

Terms and Conditions:
    • The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative to Mondello Motor Racing School Experience.
    • To drive at Mondello Park Motor Racing School, winner must be minimum of 18-years old, and have a valid full driving licence. Winners who do not meet this criteria can nominate a suitable family member or friend to take part in the Motor Racing School.
    • Prize vouchers rather than cash amount will be issued to each winner
    • Any requested upgrades or changes to the stated prizes will be at the winner's own expense
    • Mazda Motor Ireland reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever
    • Employees of Mazda Motor Ireland, Mondello Park, and their associated companies or suppliers are not eligible to enter/win
    • Mazda Motor Ireland’s decision in relation to selection of winner(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into
    • Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winner's name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winner and guest agree to take part in such related promotional activities as Mazda Motor Ireland may require.

That's it so - something to suit all sorts!

Like the competition? Think it's a decent prize? Use the Thank button if you do - it'll help us learn what you appreciate and get you more of them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd love a go at this, but I couldn't design my way out of a paper bag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Alun wrote: »
    I'd love a go at this, but I couldn't design my way out of a paper bag :D

You can still enter the Boards.ie competition to win though - no designing required :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'd chose Craig Breen he's a young rally driver but one of the most tallented irish drivers I've seen on Irish stages! I'm sure his talent could easily move from gravel and tarmac stages to mondello's track so I couldn't think of anyone better of more talented!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

Q: If you could team up with one Irish person to race in the Mazda MX-5 with, who would it be and why?

A: Shane Lynch
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,471 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Brian Cowen, with the intention of scaring him so much he'll become a gibbering wreck unable to leave his house, finally bringing around the downfall of the useless government. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

A: IndyCar driver Danica Patrick ;)
    danicapatrick.jpg

I'm sure if she gets onto "Who do you think you are?" she must have Irish ancestors, they always do!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

A: Bono. I'm getting sick of listening to the stereo in the car and in between tunes I could try put the smug bastard in his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9061/dsc4997aij0.jpg

I'd pic her. New assets model, something to look at while pelting down the straight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

A: Eddie Irvine so he could share some of the info in his little black book with me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

It would be George Hook...cos I might need a hard 'hard shoulder' to cry on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Darragh cause his pic is cute

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'd take Andrew Maxwell, he's only little so he wouldn't weigh the car down through the corners too much and he'll keep me giggling when i spin out on a corner... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

David Kennedy, he's pretty handy in a Mazda...

mazda-787b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭YeAh!

I'd pick my Dad, he thinks I'm a really bad driver, this would be my chance to prove him wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Definitely Eddie Irvine, legendary driver and ladies' man. We could all learn a thing or two from him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭rx8

It would have to be the "Man of Steel" - Enda Kenny, he'd be a shrinking violet when i'm finished with him...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I would bring my brother to prove how useless of a driver he is:D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

I would choose Brian Cowen because of the following qualities;

1) Goals that align
    2) Similar fitness level (I too have a large Belly)
    3) Strengths that complement each other
    4) An optimist when things go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I'd pick Matt Cooper.
    The weight of the 2 of us might hamper the lap time but going by his screaming from when he normally goes around Mondello in the passenger seat with Anton Savage, it would be hilarious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,471 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

eljono wrote: »

Definitely Eddie Irvine, legendary driver and ladies' man. We could all learn a thing or two from him...

he's not Irish, he's British (Northern Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

A: It would most definitely absolutely have to be 'The Stig', as we all know his identity has never been officially verified, however I can now reveal exclusively that as per FAI/FIA regulations his grandmother may or may not be Irish (unverified).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,273 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

A: It would have to be someone good looking, sporty, someone I you could count on & having a real winning streak. It would have to be katie taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

A. Conor Daly, son of Derek Daly.

Serious up-and-coming driver in the U.S., I watch his races online regularly and would love to see him driving in Mondello one day - would love it even more if I was there with him! Hugely talented, very young and really going places. Definitely one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

A. Shane Lynch, after the race I'd ask him for a few lessons in drifting round the track :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭magicray

hmmm would have to be Brian Cowen - would love to scare the bejasus out of him - same as he did to us after the last budget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

A: It'd have to be oul Bertie. He cut a few corners but always managed to get over the line in one piece..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Id bring Paul O'Connell-just to see if he'd fit!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Gay Byrne, because I could fly around the course and he cant give out for speeding ;o)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

willie o'dea, as he has a really aerodynamic nose cone and front splitter, plus there seems to be a wind tunnell between his ears that we could test the car in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Derek from Crystal Swing

Reason: To ask him the question every has wondered, how long has he fancied his sister for and does he think it will bring down the band

Advertisement