Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Mother of F*CK - €927.90 Bill!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

ooohhhhhh man, i said i'd never have this happen to me and it has. I made a mistake when teathering and didnt use the wlan. Then in noticed in the morning with 3g watchdog that the bar was red. Logged into meteor online and noticed i will have a bill of 370 waiting for me in the coming month.

Any advice ?

I got onto the bank to see if I could cancel the direct debit, as the horror stories im hearing of trying to get it back, but they said i had to go to meteor and a local branch to sort things out, and Meteor customer service are saying that hey cant do anything until it is esclated.

god damn it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well going on what Meteor had been saying to me, the max they'll ask you for is €50 if you get onto them. I had queried the €900+ bill and they mentioned that the EU would only allow them to charge €50 now. So get onto them and see what they say. Don't wait for the bill to come through as they'll just let you pay it if you don't call them.

Oh this is so flipping annoying. Meteor credited me €120 and then an extra €60. The next bill should have been a regular one around €30 but it turned out to be €105. Rang customer care, spoke to a chap who was pleasant but not terribly helpful. Went into the shop on Henry Street the next day and had to explain the whole sorry situation yet again to the worker there. He looked over all the comments that had been left by Customer Care/Credit Control on my account and agreed that I shouldn't have paid that much on the last bill and that I would be credited AGAIN. He couldn't do anything about it and urged me to contact Customer Care yet again.

Just on hold here now with Customer Care for the last 26 minutes. It's just so so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

this thread seems like it'll be more at home over in consumer issues so i'm gonna move it. i'll leave a redirect from mobiles & pdas. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just on hold here now with Customer Care for the last 26 minutes. It's just so so annoying.

I have to ask, why are you still with Meteor after so much trouble?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've had a similar issue. They double charged me on over 100 euro worth of phonecalls on my pay-as-you-go phone. My credit balance is currently -106 euro, and the customer service couldnt help me at all. I was told to ring back in 2 days but they didnt have a clue what I was talking about. I demanded I speak to a technician, I did and now I have an incident number, gotta ring them back tomorrow and make sure it's cleared.

I'm not a happy camper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

I just logged into Meteor's website to send a text message and decided to check my bill out of curiosity - €927.90. I looked at the details and this is down as Data Useage. All the dates are for May but I was in the country and I have a data plan with them.

What's really weird is that data use seems to have occured on some days and not others. For example:

01 May - 9519 KB
    03 May - 25473 KB
    07 May - 4551 KB
    08 May - 12499 KB
    09 May - 30343 KB
    14 May - 9580 KB
    16 May - 6687 KB
    18 May - 5080 KB
    19 May - 5820 KB
    20 May - 350 KB
    20 May - 10271 KB
    22 May - 12930 KB
    23 May - 14035 KB
    26 May - 32500 KB
    31 May - 32530 KB

i dont even know how you COULD download 32.5 GB in a day with their crappy speeds
    i would definately refuse to pay that and see what happens ,if you have a direct debit setup cancel it in the mean time until you get your bill re-adjusted

This post has been deleted.

I am. When I popped into the store on Henry Street I dropped a subtle hint about the contract change which the salesman kinda brushed off.
    jor el wrote: »
    I have to ask, why are you still with Meteor after so much trouble?

Well I've never had any trouble with them up until this point. I've been with them years and most of my friends are on Meteor so it would be a pain in the ass were I to move to another network. Also and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they the cheapest?*

* When not charging crazy bills that is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well I've never had any trouble with them up until this point. I've been with them years and most of my friends are on Meteor so it would be a pain in the ass were I to move to another network. Also and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they the cheapest?*

No idea what's the cheapest network, probably depends on the people you ring/text most often, as you say. I'd be loath to give money to a company that keeps over charging me though, even if it were more expensive elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I've had a similar issue. They double charged me on over 100 euro worth of phonecalls on my pay-as-you-go phone. My credit balance is currently -106 euro, and the customer service couldnt help me at all. I was told to ring back in 2 days but they didnt have a clue what I was talking about. I demanded I speak to a technician, I did and now I have an incident number, gotta ring them back tomorrow and make sure it's cleared.

I'm not a happy camper.
    make them aware that they are committing an ffence by allowing you to have a negative balance on a prepay account.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Took me a few months to get it sorted and never got the extra money I'd spent back.
    TBH, small claims court. Think the maximum length of time is 6 years.

Have I missed the cut off point for cancelling my contract due to Meteor changing their terms and conditions?

Spoke with someone in Customer Care and it didn't go well at all.

I signed up to a new contract with Meteor in March when I bought the HTC and requested a 250MB internet add-on to go with it. The salesman drew up the contract and that was it. I could see the data useage when I logged onto the website.

Below is a break down of the bills:

April - €29.76 (First correct bill)
    May - €87.72 (Data useage is listed)
    June - €94.91 (Data useages is listed)
    July - €105.97 (Data useage again)

The last bill has me confused, it's listed as August - €47.55 CR. The break down of the bill is:

Minimum Monthly Commitment - €16.52
    Total Call Charges - €2.47
    Data Addon - €4.12

Adjustments - Charge Correction -50
    Billing Correction -100
    Total Adjustments 150CR

Previous Balance €105.97 / Payments Received €0.00 / Overdue Amount €105.97 / Total Charges this Month €153.52CR / Total Amount Due €47.55CR

Total Current Amount €153.52CR
    Total Amount Due (incl Overdue Amount) €47.55

So I'm confused. According to Customer Care tonight I have either €40 or €70 left in my account as Credit. In my eyes I should be due back about €150 from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭WHL

Have I missed the cut off point for cancelling my contract due to Meteor changing their terms and conditions?

Spoke with someone in Customer Care and it didn't go well at all.

You are not too late but you need to move fast. See the thread over in the Consumer Electronics board. You must change before August 22nd (which probably realistically means tomorrow). Don't ring Customer Care - go straight to Cancellations at 1800 222 085. You will also have to confirm in writings, i.e. email to cancellations@meteor.ie. I moved to PAYG ysterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I had the exact same problem with meteor - requested data package when I signed up and was given one month free. Told to ring up and cancel it if I did not want it after the month. I got a call from customer care but I told them I had a data package in place. Then I got a crazy bill - eek. Got it sorted after about two months - such hassle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got my refund plus 80 euro goodwill from them. Took 2 weeks to sort though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wwwposty87

Well guys

Really none of you guys were ever told not to sign something without knowing what yor signing in the first place as all over meteors POS the data charges are placed.......... 2c per kilobyte........why would any of you think u can use internet with out being charged for it really.......
    I have been with various networks and with many different phone including smart phones and the data charges vary but not by a whole lot............if its not in your plan its not free ........if you dont have sky sports in your sky package you hardly get to watch that for free do ya................:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

wwwposty87 wrote: »
    Well guys

Really none of you guys were ever told not to sign something without knowing what yor signing in the first place as all over meteors POS the data charges are placed.......... 2c per kilobyte........why would any of you think u can use internet with out being charged for it really.......
    I have been with various networks and with many different phone including smart phones and the data charges vary but not by a whole lot............if its not in your plan its not free ........if you dont have sky sports in your sky package you hardly get to watch that for free do ya................:cool:

Did you actually read the original post, the OP signed up for a data package, but they forgot to add it to the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ccookieman

Well going on what Meteor had been saying to me, the max they'll ask you for is €50 if you get onto them. I had queried the €900+ bill and they mentioned that the EU would only allow them to charge €50 now. So get onto them and see what they say. Don't wait for the bill to come through as they'll just let you pay it if you don't call them.
    Hey there just got a bill of 400 euro all on data, have you got any further reference to that EU law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ccookieman wrote: »
    Hey there just got a bill of 400 euro all on data, have you got any further reference to that EU law

That only applies when roaming, check your bill all the calls and data, I don't know how they manage it but they have a nasty habit of adding in calls and data you never used. Worst billing system i've ever seen with any company.

It might not be a billing error, if it's not all you can do is call customer care and plead your case and see will they reduce the data charges, put your hands in they air and admit guilt if you genuinely did use it. Fist time you might get away with it. Be nice and shocked sounding. Don't argue with some ditz on the line ask for a manager if your not getting anywhere.

Double check the data, I've seen it happen that they've usage in when you never used it. How you'll prove it is another problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

3 did the same to me da..only when he requested the itemized bill the usage was at all hours of the night and it couldnt have been him using it.
    They actually waived the bill as they realised a mistake had been made but its a mystery to this day..

Advertisement