Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of Bike for me?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

I suppose its just up to me to decide.. Im adding about 100euro onto the price of whatever bike I buy for the extra bits il need with it.

I would gladly buy a good second hand Bike if I saw something appealing but nothin so far anyway.

Iv checked donedeal.ie, adverts.ie, gumtree.ie, ebay.ie And nothin vert interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Hi KY Abu,

I guess by the Merida in Jim Caballs that you are based in Tralee.

If you are not 100% on a new bike, I'd get slick tyres for your mountain bike (if you can lock the suspension) and have a look around. You can alter your present bike just moving the saddle and handlebars.

Wait a month or three and you'll see a good few for sale after the Ring of Kerry cycle.

Check out the stickies at the top of the forum for resources - LOTS OF THEM!!!

madrabui wrote: »
    Hi KY Abu,

I guess by the Merida in Jim Caballs that you are based in Tralee.

If you are not 100% on a new bike, I'd get slick tyres for your mountain bike (if you can lock the suspension) and have a look around. I can't fault the Merida, but I prefer the Giant. Wait a month or three and you'll see a good few for sale after the Ring of Kerry cycle.

Check out the stickies at the top of the forum for resources - LOTS OF THEM!!!

Im down in South Kerry actually but went into Jim's yesterday looking. My mountain bike hasnt got a suspension, and from a bit of cycling i did today on a road bike, I think il get used of one quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Ky Abu wrote: »
    Im down in South Kerry actually but went into Jim's yesterday looking. My mountain bike hasnt got a suspension, and from a bit of cycling i did today on a road bike, I think il get used of one quick enough.

I'm south Kerry too. So you've no suspension at all on the mountain bike. I'd by a road bike quickly so to make the most of the long evenings! What about posting a request on the Ring of Kerry facebook page? I know a fair few were going to sell their bikes after the day to upgrade.

Madrabui! great idea! Never knew they had a facebook page even. So your South Kerry, which part??

• Advertisement

Hey... Im coming towards the end of the search. Howr these for Prices.. Thinking of buying tomorrow, so replies asap please would be great :)

1. Giant Defy 4 599 euro
    2. Track Pump - 28 euro
    3. Mini Pump - BMP 4C 22 euro
    4. Cycle Computer - BBB or Union 20 euro
    5. Spare Tubes 6 euro
    6. Tyre Levers - BBB 3.50 euro
    7. Saddle Bag - BBB 18 euro
    8. Helmet - Met Cosmo or BBB 40 euro
    9. Gloves - Gel Lined 18 euro
    10. Shorts / Jersey (Team Jerseys' Astana etc and BBB Shorts) 90 euro
    11. Bottle Holder - Aluminium 12 euro

Total Price - 790 euro.. Good or bad? Im thinking good.

Advertisement