Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Anyone tried Build 10 of ICS yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ste- wrote: »

Yeah I am on it.

The music app still doesn't work for me. So I just install a different one. I don't have any fcs and my wireless range is a lot better now aswell.

As for other fixes look at the thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah I am on it.

The music app still doesn't work for me. So I just install a different one. I don't have any fcs and my wireless range is a lot better now aswell.

Hmmmmm......lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

lewis wrote: »
    Hmmmmm......lol

Lewis, it definitely is a daily rom now!

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah I am on it.

Cheers, was holding off on installing it because of the complaints in the thread but I'm thinking they are the noobz ?

Might do it later on.
    Cheers.
    Have been using it daily since Build 8 now.
    Go for it lewis.

• Advertisement

HUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!, I......I.....ehhhhhhhh.......OK I'LL DO IT, LOL...pressures a bitch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I flashed v10, and instantly had problems with root. I then reflashed 9 after advise from a friend who has been on ICS for 2 weeks now, he tried v10 and downgraded to v9 again. He said v9 was smoother, rooted and had far less problems, v10 has problems with root and a few things like android dreams have been removed. V9 is a lot snappier and works just fine.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I flashed v10, and instantly had problems with root. I then reflashed 9 after advise from a friend who has been on ICS for 2 weeks now, he tried v10 and downgraded to v9 again. He said v9 was smoother, rooted and had far less problems, v10 has problems with root and a few things like android dreams have been removed. V9 is a lot snappier and works just fine.

Su has been updated to work with build 10. So go into your SU app and hit upgrade. Should go to 3.0.3.2 :D

While my phoen is workign fine I just liek to be on teh latest. Thinking maybe to skip 10 and wait and see.
    XDA down for anyone else ?

Su has been updated to work with build 10. So go into your SU app and hit upgrade. Should go to 3.0.3.2 :D

While my phoen is workign fine I just liek to be on teh latest. Thinking maybe to skip 10 and wait and see.
    XDA down for anyone else ?

I was just about to ask about SU, it seems to be one of the main things that people are having trouble with...the thread is growing faster than I can read it, lol

I hear that Google bought XDA.....also what bases are you all on...JVZ?

Base doesn't matter.
    Just once you have CWM to flash from and can access download/3 button etc.
    I'm goin to stick with Build 9 for now. There's a problem with the VM heap in 10 aswell, seems a bit buggy so staying where I am.

• Advertisement

Base doesn't matter.
    Just once you have CWM to flash from and can access download/3 button etc.
    I'm goin to stick with Build 9 for now. There's a problem with the VM heap in 10 aswell, seems a bit buggy so staying where I am.

Just curious about the base, I`ve JVQ, it`s a little old, so was wondering was the likes of JVZ or what not any better.

Yeah I was reading that, I think I might be holding out til V11...:( pressure beginning to subside, lol

Jvxxx doesn't matter. I was on JVH I even flashed another JVH the other day to get back into CWM.
    It's just that you'd be on gingerbread bootloader which is what's used now so it's all good in da hood.
    Just flash B9 and wait for B11.
    That's what I'm doing.

Did ya`s bother to take out your SD cards, when flashing V9?

Did ya`s bother to take out your SD cards, when flashing V9?

I had them out because I had used ODIN to get CWM, only put them back in when I was on B9, Went to B8 with them in. Don't think it makes a difference.

I just wondered was the x2/x3 multiples of media the resulting from the SD card being in...I`ve only once taken out my SD card and SIM when flashing...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Seasons greetings, one and all. Hoping for Ice cream for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

nicebutdim wrote: »
    Seasons greetings, one and all. Hoping for Ice cream for Christmas!

It's Christmas, stop being American and overly conscious of offending anyone.

PS I'm annoyed that SGS isn't getting official samsung support for ICS. It's more the principle of it than the actual support. The phone is only 18 months old. If I spend €500 on a phone, I expect support for 3 years or as long as the phone is capable.

It's Christmas, stop being American and overly conscious of offending anyone.

PS I'm annoyed that SGS isn't getting official samsung support for ICS. It's more the principle of it than the actual support. The phone is only 18 months old. If I spend €500 on a phone, I expect support for 3 years or as long as the phone is capable.

Eh, it's getting support, but not till late 2012, after they've dealt with the newer phones. I don't give a shít anyway, I've never waited for crappy Samsung software, the community make this phone great. If I wanted to be locked in I'd buy an iPhone

Eh, it's getting support, but not till late 2012, after they've dealt with the newer phones. I don't give a shít anyway, I've never waited for crappy Samsung software, the community make this phone great. If I wanted to be locked in I'd buy an iPhone

Wow for both not getting the point and not reading things.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/23/samsung-no-room-for-ics-on-galaxy-s-galaxy-tab-touchwiz-to-bl/
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_explains_why_galaxy_s_and_tab_70_wont_get_android_ics-news-3567.php

I also can't stand samsung software (though their hardware seems ok) but it's about the principle of it. A company that doesn't support their products to force people to upgrade to the newest models is not a respectable company. They should support their older products and customers as much as their newer ones. Not all of us can afford to spend €500+ every year.

Wow for both not getting the point and not reading things.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/23/samsung-no-room-for-ics-on-galaxy-s-galaxy-tab-touchwiz-to-bl/
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_explains_why_galaxy_s_and_tab_70_wont_get_android_ics-news-3567.php

I also can't stand samsung software (though their hardware seems ok) but it's about the principle of it. A company that doesn't support their products to force people to upgrade to the newest models is not a respectable company. They should support their older products and customers as much as their newer ones. Not all of us can afford to spend €500+ every year.

Yes, but you lost their support once you flashed a custom rom and walked away from your warranty. Myself, I bought a piece of hardware. I don't care about their support or their software, I flashed to a custom rom in weeks. All I care about is the support of the community, which is stronger than ever. The ordinary punter will not know the difference between ICS and GB, it doesn't bring anything new. Most people I meet still have touchwiz and the default wallpaper.

Dell didn't upgrade Vista PC's to Windows 7, I fail to see your point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

never mind.....

Has anyone flashed V11 of Teamhacksungs ICS?

I was waiting for V11 cause 10 seemed to be not for me, then now it seems V11 is a step back in some ways, lots of different options and reviews on it, so not sure what to think....

Like a simple thing that you can`t boot into CWM from power menu, you have to use the 3 button combo, auto brightness fecked and GPS seems to be hit and miss works great for others, not so good for others....I think I might be waiting for V12...

Has anyone flashed V11 of Teamhacksungs ICS?

I was waiting for V11 cause 10 seemed to be not for me, then now it seems V11 is a step back in some ways, lots of different options and reviews on it, so not sure what to think....

Like a simple thing that you can`t boot into CWM from power menu, you have to use the 3 button combo, auto brightness fecked and GPS seems to be hit and miss works great for others, not so good for others....I think I might be waiting for V12...

I'm on onecosmics version. Stable for the most part. I dont like the ICS contacts/dialer/sms but the browser is better. Also not fond of the new apps menu - looks great, but I just don't find it as easy to use as the previous one.

Also missing the notification bar switches. There's an app to bring them back but it's not very good. I also have 50%+ androidOS battery usage which sucks. No idea how to sort that out.

I'm on onecosmics version. Stable for the most part. I dont like the ICS contacts/dialer/sms but the browser is better. Also not fond of the new apps menu - looks great, but I just don't find it as easy to use as the previous one.

Also missing the notification bar switches. There's an app to bring them back but it's not very good. I also have 50%+ androidOS battery usage which sucks. No idea how to sort that out.

With all those problems, why are ya still on it, have you tried Teamhacks one?

I'm still on v9, I tried 10 but had problems, 9 feels faster. I'm not upgrading to 11 either as there are too many bugs, no oc on the new kernel and no gps

I`m on v11, but I`m not to sure I did the best flashing order, a fair few FC`s, so will try again without SD card in....

I flashed Glitch 14 beta kernel and that seems to have fixed the OS battery issue. Battery isn't as strong as on Gb (or Froyo for that matter) but I haven't gone through several cycles yet.

Do you have the facelock working?

Do you have the facelock working?

It will always be poor and won't work right on this phone because of the poor quality camera (only 1.3MP)

• Advertisement

It will always be poor and won't work right on this phone because of the poor quality camera (only 1.3MP)

I usually get it working most of the time, some times I forget about it, I think the time it needs to recognise you is a little short.

I can`t seem to down load anything from the market, tried both markets and flashed all the zips that was there...

Edit: Lost my recovery, endless boot loops, trying to find a way to get it back, I`m so far out of the loop...

Edit: Sorted

Advertisement