Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed Times?

Options
  • 26-06-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was wondering what you would believe to be the bed time for someone in their mid-teens (14 - 16 years) while on their summer holidays should be or if you believe they should have a bed time at all. I recently finished my Junior Cert and my Dad insists on me being in bed by midnight, even though my friends are still texting me at 2 and 3 in the morning. And I'm not talking about staying out until mid-night or later just the fact that I'm sent up to bed at 12 most nights? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Just because you 'bedtime' is midnight doesnt mean you need to go to sleep at midnight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Well provided that you are not the moron who lives behind me and has been on the roof of his neighbours kitchen for the last 3 nights on his mobile phone then stay up as late as you like.

Ah but you do actually get more out of the day the earlier that you get up and all that boring malarky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

At your age you should not need any sleep.
    Man up and tell your da to feck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

When I was finished my Junior Cert, I think I was allowed to stay up until whatever time I wanted, and when I have kids it'll be the same for them.

The novelty soon wears off it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

nocal wrote: »
    has been on the roof of his neighbours kitchen for the last 3 nights on his mobile phone

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

work at half 9 tomorrow i'll be in bed around half past 1 maybe 2

:confused:

He gets out of his bedroom window onto the roof of his one-storey kitchen at the back of the house, walks over to the one storey kitchen of his neighbours (who are on holidays) and talks on the phone for about 3 hours. Last night he was singing to "Jessica" and telling her where he wanted to lick her.

Less confused now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

I'm on holidays too. Always find something to do/watch online until about three. In the routine now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

Anytime at all.

It would have been about 5am for meself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I was wondering what you would believe to be the bed time for someone in their mid-teens (14 - 16 years) while on their summer holidays should be or if you believe they should have a bed time at all. I recently finished my Junior Cert and my Dad insists on me being in bed by midnight, even though my friends are still texting me at 2 and 3 in the morning. And I'm not talking about staying out until mid-night or later just the fact that I'm sent up to bed at 12 most nights? Thanks

When you feel tired, imo.

You have enough stress during school term tbh, and holidays should mean staying up until you feel tired and getting up the next day when you feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

Go to bed it's past midnight now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

I've just done my leaving and I'm always in bed by 12.30. I don't think I had a bed time at your age but if it was getting too late Dad would say go on up to bed there you'll be to tired to do anything tomorrow, but he wasn't too strict. I wouldn't worry about it going to bed at midnight will do you no harm. Bed times in general are a good idea during the school year definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

I just finished my JC and I'm still up! I'm such a rebel....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

annainez wrote: »
    I've just done my leaving and I'm always in bed by 12.30. I don't think I had a bed time at your age but if it was getting too late Dad would say go on up to bed there you'll be to tired to do anything tomorrow, but he wasn't too strict. I wouldn't worry about it going to bed at midnight will do you no harm. Bed times in general are a good idea during the school year definitely.

*checks time* Hmmmmm interesting....:pac:

It is now bedtime as the looper who lives behind me has just finished talking on his mobile and climbed back in his bedroom window. (I do not think he was talking to Jessica tonight, but apparently he is normal and his chat buddy is a weirdo.)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

It is now bedtime as the looper who lives behind me has just finished talking on his mobile and climbed back in his bedroom window. (I do not think he was talking to Jessica tonight, but apparently he is normal and his chat buddy is a weirdo.)

details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Since I've been about 13, I've made my own bedtime... Depends whenever my body simply starts to close down on its own really. Also depends if I've anything on the next day.

Usually between 01:00 and 03:00 tho, most nights.

But that is stupid with your parents sending you to bed at 00:00 during the summer... What have you to be in bed early for, ffs?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

DazMarz wrote: »
    What have you to be in bed early for, ffs?????
    So he won't be complaining that he is tired when he is footing turf the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

His roof, his rules, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OP's gone to bed, he must be shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im getting into the siesta habbit at raound 3pm, wrecks the sleep pattern.
    so i download the cleveland show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

God i used to be in bed well before midnight at that age. I love my sleep though!

Pity i can't get much anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Jaysus I wish I could go to sleep at midnight.

Haven't been able to have a regular sleeping pattern in about 15 years.

*cries*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OP's gone to bed, he must be shattered.
    Ah, bless. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Since I was about 13 I've been let stay up whenever I want during the holidays(I'm 16 now), as long as I don't have work the next day I'd be up until about 3. I love staying up until it gets bright, though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

you should stay up until whenever you feel like

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Last night he was singing to "Jessica" and telling her where he wanted to lick her.
    Video it. Put it on Youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

If I had kids and wanted the best for them etc I'd say 10-10:30 on skool nights and before 12:00 during the summer unless they have parties or other summer sh*t to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I never had a bed time hmm as a matter a fact i was left on my own most of the time as the mother worked night shifts some of the time, But 12 is as good a time as any id say i knew some people who would be in by 10 haha

Advertisement