Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice creams suitable for veggies

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 veggieali

i bought chocolate fidge brownie ben & jerrys and it said suitable for veggies but i checked the phish food flavour (it has marshmallows in it) and although it didnt say gelitine it didnt say suitable for veggies....but i might hav missed it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've been hearing delicious rumours that the phish food flavoured one is veggie.

I just found a link http://www.bitterwallet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/vegi-list-B.jpg that says that ben and jerry's chocolate fudge brownie isn't vegetarian either even though all ben ad jerry's ice creams have been promoted as being vegetarian in the past even on their own website.

no, i bought b&j chocolate fudge brownie and it says suitable 4 veggies - its delish too:D

I've been hearing delicious rumours that the phish food flavoured one is veggie.
    i might have missed it - the writing is TINY on the box and the dnt hav an icon on it it just says suitable for vegetarians under the ingredients:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm I might have to give them an email.

their webpage :D

http://www.benjerry.ie/

• Advertisement

Emailed them /waiting game

Hmm I might have to give them an email.

their webpage :D

http://www.benjerry.ie/

i sent them an email requesting a list of flavours that are veggie friendly and to say suitable for veggies in bigger writing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

veggieali wrote: »
    i sent them an email requesting a list of flavours that are veggie friendly and to say suitabke for veggies in bigger writing ;)

Good stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I saw Swedish Glacé in Tesco for €3.49 today, only vanilla though.

Ben & Jerry's emailed me back and gave me the same list as above, so the marshmellow ones must be ok?
    Dear Paul,

Thank you for your recent email requesting information on which Unilever UK and Ireland ice cream products are suitable for vegetarians.

I have enclosed a list which I hope you will find useful. This information has been provided in good faith using the most up-to-date information available at the date of going to print - 30.04.2010. Please note that the information is subject to change due to recipe amendments and therefore ALWAYS check the product label for the most accurate information.

Thank you for your interest in our products and please do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Andrea Teixeira
    Careline Supervisor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Yeah if you go to the baked alaska (the one with marshmallow) one on their website it says it's veggie

Phish food has MM in it too, ah great, avoided them for years, yesss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 conorthehippy

As far as i know most Ice creams are vegetarian,
    (obviously all the ones with Marshmellow in them are unsuitable though)

Personally i'm a Vegan & If you want to eat Vegan-friendly ice cream id reccomend a brand called 'Sweedish Glace' which they sell in yey-old health food shops, or (more recently) they're selling it in Super Value now.
    Its a Soya ice cream, beautifully creamy & delicious.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm distraught by the list from HB.

Maxi Twist, Icebergers and even the plain old block of Vanilla aren't veggie.

Fcuk sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

It's true! :D I bought one the other day just because it's veg... I'd completely forgotten that I hate chocolate ice cream though :P

Went on a bit of a spree myself I have to admit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I just remembered I have an icecream machine down home somewhere.

haw

Bring it here nowwwwwwwwwwwww so I can use ittt

Advertisement