Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My head is wrecked

Options
  • 24-06-2010 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Got this chap in work this evening and asked him for I.D. He was a black man, the minute i asked him for i.d he asked me why was i racist.....wtf?? He looked under 21 and its policy to ask for i.d. He asked for the duty manager and nearly got me fired, really sick to my stomach over it.

I never said anything to him other than i'll need to see some i.d just to make sure your over 21, its company policy.

The chap nearly has me fired and walks out with a bag of booze for free as an apology???Lads whats the country coming too? Really gutted as i've never insulted any person in my life and don't really have a bad bone in my body, gutted absolutly gutted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Did you talk to your boss about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Feckin naggers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Sounds like you couldn't explain yourself properly really.

Did you get annoyed when all this started happening and get aggresive? I'll bet ya did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Antamojo wrote: »
    Feckin naggers

Naggins

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Did you talk to your boss about it?

Yeah and he kinda said in a roundabout way, you lose everytime, once they play the racsism card you haven't got alot of back up unless you have a solid witness. What annoys me more is the chap was adding little bits on as he went along. Can't believe how much this has got to me really feel sick to the core about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Burn down the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

I see this happening on a regular basis in my line of work too to be honest, not much you can do about it or you'll be branded a racist by everyone, it's a very sorry state of affairs but one that is encouraged in this day and age i'm sorry to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

The way to deal with such situations... is go on the offensive...

Eg
    Got this chap in work this evening and asked him for I.D. He was a black man, the minute i asked him for i.d he asked me why was i racist.....? "COS I DONT LIKE BLACK PEOPLE"

Disclaimer...
    *doop is not a racist of any shape or form

SV wrote: »
    Sounds like you couldn't explain yourself properly really.

Did you get annoyed when all this started happening and get aggresive? I'll bet ya did!

Not the aggresive type at all, was gobsmacked just listening to him. I said to my gaffer i asked the chap for id and his answer was in future don't bother its not worth the hassle??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Friend of mine works in HR in a London office - she had to have words with a guy who wasn't doing a tap. The guy is black and attempted to cry racism, but a female black colleague told him to stfu as that undermines those who suffer genuine racism. Fair play to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Not the aggresive type at all, was gobsmacked just listening to him. I said to my gaffer i asked the chap for id and his answer was in future don't bother its not worth the hassle??????
    So, how did you nearly get sacked.?

Abrasax wrote: »
    So, how did you nearly get sacked.?

I have no idea, for doing my job i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

ive seen it many times where i work ... that racist card is a beauty and most of them know how to use it.... and ive got a few mates who are black that would testify to that.

:pac:
    No,he means how'd you nearly get sacked if you boss didn't even say anythin to you bout it except to forget bout it next time?

You said you nearly got fired.
    How?
    And why did the guy get free beer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

He's entitled to buy alcohol if he's over 18, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

"Got any ID?"

"why cause is it cause ay is BLACK"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

ive seen it many times where i work ... that racist card is a beauty and most of them know how to use it.... and ive got a few mates who are black that would testify to that.

Most of whom? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I do this in shops all the time, but apparently white on white racism is not seen as serious :mad:

• Advertisement

I said my boss i didn't say anything to the chap and he is a liar, next yer man is talking about solicitors and the manager just said if a solicitor letter arrives i'm out on my ear, nothing personal just can't afford a claim to be banged in.

He's entitled to buy alcohol if he's over 18, surely?

Store policy is 21's, i don't make the rules just enforce them

Do you know what guys forget about it i already have. People like that will have no luck in life hope he chokes on the fcuking beer.Karma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I said my boss i didn't say anything to the chap and he is a liar, next yer man is talking about solicitors and the manager just said if a solicitor letter arrives i'm out on my ear, nothing personal just can't afford a claim to be banged in.

ah sounds he wanted you gone for a while, and then got the black dude in to make a claim, now if a 'letter' arrives your gone it was all part of the Sting! :pac:

I said my boss i didn't say anything to the chap and he is a liar, .

He was lying?
    So, you denied to your boss you asked him for I.D.?

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

Foreign-nationals? Not everyone living in Ireland is Irish.. or are we not allowed say that now either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Store policy is 21's, i don't make the rules just enforce them
    I'm pretty sure that anyone over 18 can buy alcohol anywhere, no matter what the policy.
    I stand to be corrected though.

Do you know what guys forget about it i already have. People like that will have no luck in life hope he chokes on the fcuking beer.Karma

Good man. And if you do get fired,fleece the place,and give the beers to us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

why didnt you just punch him in the face and rob his wallet :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

i dont think it takes sherlock holmes to work that one out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement