Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok I really need your help here guys!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

dave 27 wrote: »
    cool, cheers lads, might wear a suit for it so..by the looks of it they deal with construction is that rite? im hoping to get experience with an architect cos i missed out on placement in college :(

Yes they are a big construction company also, I worked for them as a subcontractor over in canary wharf in london. The agency they run as the above moderator said are nothing more than data miners! honest to god some of the jobs they advertise dont even exist yet, afterwards they search for jobs and contact companies based on your CV. Any company who employees through agencies does so on the basis that they can let you go at a moments notice as you dont really work direct for them. I suppose you have to exhaust every avenue in these times. Still get the interview out of it to get yourself more tuned and experienced in doing them, all the best with it.
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 36 willielovesall

Believe it or not just had a fine bird there at my door a minute ago from airtricity. Flirting away like crazy, doesnt work with me, though the whole DD thing just doesnt suit my pocket.

ya should have punched her in the face and see if she still had the enthusiasm to keep trying to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Avoid big time bunch of cowboys and gangsters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Believe it or not just had a fine bird there at my door a minute ago from airtricity. Flirting away like crazy.

I think she just misunderstood your Socket question Dermot.

- Learn to read the signs and you'll be up to your neck in renewable green energy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

ya should have punched her in the face and see if she still had the enthusiasm to keep trying to sell.

or caveman style :P ah though, tough enough number knocking on doors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

said to myself i'd hang off em for a day for the shneer
    if you have time to killl, go in for the shneer

:cool: This just made me laugh so much, both times! The amount of times I have done things for the shneer like this :pac:

It just sums up so many of my life experiences-love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

sure isn't laughter the best medicine of all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Seconded only by a strong course of antibiotics.

phill106 wrote: »
    Seconded only by a strong course of antibiotics.

Yeah you probably shouldn't waste too much time trying to laugh off something like Syphilis.......

Raiser wrote: »
    Yeah you probably shouldn't waste too much time trying to laugh off something like Syphilis.......

Ya. WOuld be like

HeHeHeHe

*meaty thump as penis hits the ground*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

AAAAH, im so annoyed here, I need yer help here again..

ok i went in for the interview, its NOT a recruitment place! they deal with marketing!

i went in and absolutely spoofed the bollox out of it, after i talked a bit about construction (thinking it was a firm dealing with that), he turn to me and said "so why do u want to start in a marketing firm?"

i was just like..hah? oh god..ehh..cos i need a job, hadnt a fcukin clue what he was talking about,

arguably the worst interview iv ever had, he said successful applicants will be called back later, i was like oh ya cool, relieved that at least i was off the hook!..HOWEVER..i got a call back saying im to come in on monday from 9-5 for part 2 of the 3 interviews? wtf like?! i literally havent a clue whats going on here like! will i just not turn up?

ok i went in for the interview, its NOT a recruitment place! they deal with marketing!

i went in and absolutely spoofed the bollox out of it, after i talked a bit about construction (thinking it was a firm dealing with that), he turn to me and said "so why do u want to start in a marketing firm?"

i was just like..hah? oh god..ehh..cos i need a job, hadnt a fcukin clue what he was talking about,

arguably the worst interview iv ever had, he said successful applicants will be called back later, i was like oh ya cool, relieved that at least i was off the hook!..HOWEVER..i got a call back saying im to come in on monday from 9-5 for part 2 of the 3 interviews? wtf like?! i literally havent a clue whats going on here like! will i just not turn up?
    I gurantee you that come monday morning, you will be in an office with 3-4 other noobies like yourself, each of you will be paired off with someone who has been there longer. You will then be driven to a housing estate somewhere, where you will tag along as they try and sell something door to door (direct debit for charites, airtricty, maybe vuvuzelas for all i know!).
    Go if you like, but perhaps have someone with a car on standby to pick you up for a family emergency¡
    Or just ring the cops, say you have been abducted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Do you really want to waste your time going back monday, would be better off to keep applying for jobs.
    Loads of people have given examples in this thread alone why not to go back.

Dave you seem like a decent and likeable Person - But how long do you honestly expect People to happily hang around here and supply advice that you're obviously not bothering to read???????

- Your own thread, this one right here points the above facts out in black and white on several occasions......

Advertisement