Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairly Legal [** Spoilers **]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I didn't get a reboot vibe off it at all. It just seemed like more of the same (which is a good thing in my book).

like a fresh pilot, rebooted in some respects

It really was nothing like a fresh pilot or even a reboot. The second season of Harry's Law was far more of a reboot though personally I would classify it as a retooling more than anything else. Episode 2 of Season 2 of Fairly Legal was more of the same, it had the same fell as every episode of season 1 and while the end of season 1 promised to change things up this episode started with a big fat reset button pretty much negating the events of the season one finale.

Out of curiosity, who do you think the show is aimed at? The ratings were phenomenal and while it skewered older than advertisers may have liked Fairly Legal is not a show made for the 17-25 audience. It's a show thats values and traditions seem aimed at older audiences and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a show that pretty much the entire family can watch, it's unoffensive, easy to watch, enjoyable trash that never tries to be adult simply for the sake of it. There is no needless sex scenes, no violence for the sake of it which is something that you can't see about very many other shows on atm. Far too many people mistake risqué sex and violence for adult entertainment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ well considering USA only greenlit season 2 on the basis of Sarah Sashi....a total sex kitten (if you see her Twitter chatter + her deleted pics) then i'd say this renewal was for horny USA execs.

It was moved to Friday, it didn't perform well in this day/timeslot last season. On paper the Friday numbers look amazing but USA is more concerned by demo and advertiser then say other basic cable nets.

Much like ABC Family, USA is as close to network as you can get. I never suggested it was aimed at the teen crowd, but i doubt USA want over 50's watching either. you gotta pull in that 25-49 add money!

As for the reboot....i said i kinda felt rebooted, not that it was literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I missed this and haven't caught up on it yet... looks like it is worth it though!

^ well considering USA only greenlit season 2 on the basis of Sarah Sashi....a total sex kitten (if you see her Twitter chatter + her deleted pics) then i'd say this renewal was for horny USA execs.

It was moved to Friday, it didn't perform well in this day/timeslot last season. On paper the Friday numbers look amazing but USA is more concerned by demo and advertiser then say other basic cable nets.

Much like ABC Family, USA is as close to network as you can get. I never suggested it was aimed at the teen crowd, but i doubt USA want over 50's watching either. you gotta pull in that 25-49 add money!

As for the reboot....i said i kinda felt rebooted, not that it was literally.

I assumed that they renewed it down to the fact that it did pretty damn well all of last season and while it may not have seen record breaking ratings they were consistent.

I love this concept that you have to go for the youth market and that if a show skewers older (50+) then advertisers will run for the hills. If anything USA should be working this to their advantage and attracting advertisers who want to market to that age group.

• Advertisement

I assumed that they renewed it down to the fact that it did pretty damn well all of last season and while it may not have seen record breaking ratings they were consistent.

I love this concept that you have to go for the youth market and that if a show skewers older (50+) then advertisers will run for the hills. If anything USA should be working this to their advantage and attracting advertisers who want to market to that age group.

If you take Harrys Law, which pulls over 8 million an episode but only pulls a 1.0 demo, you're right.....but that the advertiser/Nielsen system:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/12/harrys-law-star-producer-dont-like-the-way-the-tv-business-works-nor-do-they-like-being-reminded-of-it/124101/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/09/kathy-bates-harrys-law/

I'm addicted! Excellent show. Anyone that has been putting this off or was uninterested should give it a go - really indicative of the recent USA stuff. Light but very enjoyable.

I'm addicted! Excellent show. Anyone that has been putting this off or was uninterested should give it a go - really indicative of the recent USA stuff. Light but very enjoyable.

It's part of the surprisingly popular quirky lawyer genre. Last year alone we had Suits, Fairly Legal, Fraklin and Bash, Harry's Law and the very enjoyable but cancelled The Defenders.

The only thing that's annoying me a bit is that they are making absolutely no effort (other than the setting stock shots) to disguise the fact that it's filmed in Vancouver and not San Francisco where it's set. :D

The only thing that's annoying me a bit is that they are making absolutely no effort (other than the setting stock shots) to disguise the fact that it's filmed in Vancouver and not San Francisco where it's set. :D

Considering the quality of the green screen work it's perhaps acceptable that they really don't put much effort into passing the city off as San Francisco.

• Advertisement

Ep. 2x03 dropped...watch it later, until then...have a read: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/30/fairly-legal-sarah-shahi-season-2/

Catching up on the past 2 episodes atm and it remains good trashy fun. It pales in comparison to the far superior Harry's Law but for something to watch with a bit of dinner it's a great time killer. Happy to see the underrated Timothy V. Murphy popping up as the boat captain in episode 3, less than a week after I convinced him to star in my short film. So I can now stick, from the star of Fairly Legal on my promotional material. :)

Yep, still a fairly strong "fluff" show akin to Jane By Design. Typical of these shows shot in Vancouver BC we get the Battlestar Galactica reunions every now and then too! :P

Why is it that when ever someone is on their phone or on facebook and the screen is clearly visiable the onscreen action does not correspond with the sound FXs or action supposed to be occurring. Kate is constantly phoning people yet he iphone screen is clearly shown to be on the home menu screen. Likewise when she had her whole facebook is whatever speech and the camera shows that her ipad is on the home screen. I know it's a small complaint but it is rather annoying.

After a few rather mundane and uninteresting episodes the latest one was a winner. Nothing exactly extraordinary or original but far more interesting than many recent episodes. What I can never understand is why people think Justin is a dick. He's repeately singled out on various forum boards for being unlikeable and mean but from what I've seen he's the only character who is actually nice. Next episode is scheduled to air on June 1st and is the season finale, going to be interesting to see how things play out.

After a few rather mundane and uninteresting episodes the latest one was a winner. Nothing exactly extraordinary or original but far more interesting than many recent episodes. What I can never understand is why people think Justin is a dick. He's repeately singled out on various forum boards for being unlikeable and mean but from what I've seen he's the only character who is actually nice. Next episode is scheduled to air on June 1st and is the season finale, going to be interesting to see how things play out.
    IIRC it is a 13 episode order so the finale is 15th June. Has it been cancelled or are we expecting a 3rd season? I've heard nothing about it!

Season 2 finale is out, who did Kate choose?....and will it get a third season??

Season 2 finale is out, who did Kate choose?....and will it get a third season??
    Haven't watched it yet myself, but it should get a third season... perhaps with more happening. It's very MOTW at the moment and I would like to see a bit more being done, but it's light entertainment - I'm not sure exactly what more they can do.

Just finished the finale there.

Meh.

They hyped up the last 10 seconds like it was going to be a massive twist/revelation, but it was rubbish.

I think I preferred season 1. This love triangle stuff is boring (although I'm probably not in the show's demographic).

I agree, total let down. I enjoyed the 2nd season in some ways more than the first, but the love triangle thing is quite annoying and is far from resolved IMO.

• Advertisement

Cancelled after two seasons, never liked Sashi...bit too full of herself imo. Hottest woman in the world according to Maxim?....my ass!

Cancelled after two seasons, never liked Sashi...bit too full of herself imo. Hottest woman in the world according to Maxim?....my ass!

Shame, but season 2 was quite poor. The love triangle was awful.
    It's Sarah Shahi, BTW.

Never understood your hatred of Sarah Shahi, you've mentioned how much you dislike her multiple times. Don't see why you'd allow someone's real life personality to colour your opinion of them in a show but then again you can't really judge someone you don't know based on what the tabloids print.

I just realised that I never finished season 2 of Fairly Legal and really have no interest in doing so. It was really a terrible season and deserving of cancellation especially when you consider just how good season one was. The intelligence and wit of season one was relaxed with a truly terrible love triangle that went nowhere and cases of the week that were bland and uninteresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sarah Shahi was good in Life with Damian Lewis but couldnt take to Kate the lead character in this show found her very unlikeable

I think the writers for season 2 were trying to make Justin unlikeable so fans would maybe root for Ben and Kate when in reality no one cared about the love triangle imo

Advertisement