Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst passenger you've been stuck with on a bus, train or plane?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Was on the luas a couple of years ago, a junkie (dirty homeless type, unless there's any other) got on a few stops after me and sat opposite. She had clearly just got a fix as she was almost in a trance.

She fell asleep after a couple of stops and leaned onto the person next to her, practically drooling on his shoulder. After the James St stop the tram gathered a little bit of speed so when it braked for the next stop... she fell forward into my lap..:eek:.

There was nothing I could do except squirm out from under her, she sort of slid to the floor and eventually crawled back up into the seat she was in.

I got off at the next stop and switched carriages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Me too. I'm very direct 'Can you move your bag please' -I don't see a problem with embarassing these selfish types.

No-one has ever said no yet. Looking forward to the day they do. Unless the bag contains a transplant organ it'll be getting moved sharpish whether Miss/Mr 'Me-me-me' likes it or not.
    Im of the sentiment that my bag is on the seat for a reason.

Hence if someone forces their way in to sit beside me - the headphones go to full blast, and its flatulation city!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Im of the sentiment that my bag is on the seat for a reason.

Hence if someone forces their way in to sit beside me - the headphones go to full blast, and its flatulation city!

Suits me, I love metal :p but you can keep your turdy whiffs to yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Worst passenger on a plane ,
    Would have been me once
    First time ever on a plane when I was about 15 anyway got meself a window seat ,The flight itself was non-eventful but as we come in to land I look out the window and see what I NOW know to be the wing air break BUT as a 15 year old its looks like half the wing is falling off :eek: Which makes me yell out as loud as humanly possible
    JESUS 'Half the fcuking wing after falling off

To say it when down well with the other passengers would be an understatement :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

have to add if anyone used to get the 29A Dublin bus they might remeber, regularly there used to be this headcase on it shouting the odds at everyone saying "why are you so racist towards me" and that the government "had her under surveillance and took pictures of her through her curtains and put them up on the internet and said we could all go and laugh at her small breasts" and other such ramblings,she was australian sounding and was going on how about australians were racist towards her, one time the driver had to stop in raheny go up and tell her she'd be thrown off the bus, by the time we got to fairview everyone from upstairs bar a few had moved downstairs due to her antics, she was seriously scary sometimes. never see her anymore

• Advertisement

she fell forward into my lap..:eek:.

There was nothing I could do except squirm out from under her, she sort of slid to the floor and eventually crawled back up into the seat she was in.

I got off at the next stop and switched carriages.

Cheeky BJ. Glass half full and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

On the flight to Seville for the Uefa cup final a few years ago 4 of us were booked on. I got the unlucky seat in front of the mates. From a distance i seen this eejit walking towards my row and yes he got the seat next to me. He clocked onto the Celtic shirt and burst my balls for the next 3 1/2 hours. Asking the most stupid of questions. "I know a guy james from Glasgow, think you might know him" "must be great being a Celtic fan going to finals all over the world":confused::eek:whit? The more pish your man spoke the more the boys behind me were laughing too. Horrific journey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Cheeky BJ. Glass half full and all that

I'm a laydee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I'm lucky apparently, the worst I've ever had to deal with was the odd self important business man barking about his day full volume to some poor unfortunate on the receiving end of a phone call or the likes. The only specific thing that comes to mind was a sleeping dude with horrendously bad breadth across from me in the train one time, he'd occasionally do this heavy breath/sigh thing which only made things worse, it was bad enough that the guy sitting next to me even brought it up. I very rarely sit at a table on a train since that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

On a bus ride to Dublin a few years ago, there some north side scangers on the bus who sat at the back, I sat two rows from the back but after listening to them swalk for about 15 minutes, I moved down a few rows ( The bus was quiet that day )

Later that day when I was waiting for the bus home, they came back, with some random guy in tow who they clearly only met that day ( well, I think so anyway ) and they proceeded to annoy everyone in the depo so much that the guards were called and one of them taken away, screaming her lungs out as they did. They didn't get on the bus, thank fook.

Then there is this homeless guy from around town who thinks he's a hard man and intimidates and threatens everyone ( the type who'd probably end up on youtube being owned by some guy who knows karate or something like that ) who is occasionally seen on the bus, I once saw him line up for the bus and I decided to get a later bus! Another time, he tried to get on the bus but needless to say, his swearing at the bus driver didn't go down well and he wasn't allowed on.

I seem to be lucky in the fact I've never really had to directly sit beside someone repulsive on a bus or plane or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

LowOdour wrote: »
    on a bus from sligo, i was listening to music when i got this stench and felt something at my feet. A guy, from about 6 rows back puked and it rolled all the way down to my feet

When I used to get the bus to school (it was a Dublin Bus though, not a school one) I sat upstairs near the stairs with one of my friends. Now, the bus I got was used by a lot school students, our school would've been the second one to get on and then at the next few stops there were two other schools. We sat on our seat, and got this really disguisting smell. One of the lads from the first school that got on told us there was puke below our seat, we looked and he was right :( We couldn't move because the only available seat was behind us and meant we'd have to put our feet in it :eek: All of a sudden we got to the next school bus stop and these two first years bound up the stairs and take the only available seat... they put both their feet and bags in it (they shoved their bags under the seat without looking, it seems). Moaned about the smell then the realisaton donned on them. Their Ma's must've been furious!

I also remember sitting upstairs getting the bus home and there were a load of scangers at the back. One of them goes, "ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick in a bit", so the lad beside her goes "do you wanna get of the bus then?". Her reply was, "no, sure I'll just do it here" and proceeded to puke in the corner of the bus. After 5 years of getting 4 Dublin busses everyday I can say, hand on heart, I really don't miss it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Some smelly **** on a bus home from town (Dublin). He was at the back of the second level, on his own, no one would go up. The driver suggested not going up; I thought a little kid had shat themselves. He had this huge disgusting and yellow beard.

I saw him a few weeks later carrying a bin bag down a lane...lovely.

I ****ing hate people who dont wash themselves. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

have to add if anyone used to get the 29A Dublin bus they might remeber, regularly there used to be this headcase on it shouting the odds at everyone saying "why are you so racist towards me"

Did somebody ever take the time to explain that being a cunt isn't an ethnic category so extreme discrimination on the basis on being one isn't racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

there was this huge old white guy with a beard on the bus and he asked me for a shoeshine and then beat the crap out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Bus back from Oxegen 08. 6am, tired, hungover, weighed down with bags and muck. just want to sleep on the comfy seats.

Some d4 guy behind us with the loudest, raspiest, chainsaw drone in the world is spouting bs with all his dickhead friends at the top of his voice. They start talking to everyone on the bus, using the most obscure movie/tv references which NO ONE gets. If he fell out the back window and was crushed under the truck I would have smiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mitsy

About 4 years ago i was on a bus from dublin to cork, the bus was packed but i got a seat by the window and was quite chuffed with myself when low and behold an all singing, all shouting drunk/junkie sat down beside me and whipped out a naggin of brandy. I thought ffs, this is going to be one long journey and it really was. He talked non-stop about utter ****e, kept offering me a swig of his brandy that had bits floating around in it. I was trying hard not to vomit and i could see people around me with their relieved, smug faces, thinking 'thank God he didnt sit beside me'

So anyway we stop in Urlingford and he gets a sausage sambo and ends up covered in ketchup and takes another swig of his brandy and proceeds to fall asleep on me. Great!!! He wakes up a while later and takes a little bag of stuff out of his sock, rolls a 50 euro note and asks me to hold it while he puts a bit of the white stuff on his hand and then snorts it off his hand. Then he turns to me and says 'you arent a garda are ya?' I had to laugh.

If ever there was time for saying 'are we there yet?' was on that fecking bus. Nightmare!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    there was this huge old white guy with a beard on the bus and he asked me for a shoeshine and then beat the crap out of me.

The video was already posted earlier in the thread, do keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

In hospital .In a ward with a Muslim guy and it was ramadan . 4 fcuking days of praying .I tried to leg it out of the hospital but I couldn't get out of bed. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

BumbleB wrote: »
    In hospital .In a ward with a Muslim guy and it was ramadan . 4 fcuking days of praying .I tried to leg it out of the hospital but I couldn't get out of bed. :mad:

Yeah but, where the **** was the hospital going?!

Shzm wrote: »
    Yeah but, where the **** was the hospital going?!

Navan.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Went to Budapest for a week, must have been mid 90's

England had just played a qualifying match in Italy and i think they drew, qualifying for one of the big tournaments.

We flew back to Manchester as was living in Wales at the time, but went via Frankfurt.

Just got on the plane at Frankfurt and it there was about 50 England fans, the one's who had been banned from travelling direct and had gone via Germany to avoid any 'Police' interference.

What a nightmare trip, hated England more than ever after that day

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I once got the dart at rush hour and the train was jammed. I managed to get my hand on a pole so i wouldn't fall into people each time the train stopped, then this sweaty old fat guy got on and basically stole my pole. Instead of just holding onto it somewhere like a polite person he leaned against the whole thing leaving me with no room. After a while i said to myself "**** this, i'm not gonna let him bully me out of a space on the pole" so i grabbed it when he was leaning up for a bit and then he leaned back. I expected once he felt my hand there he'd apologise and let me have some space but no, he just leaned back and stayed there with my hand trapped between his sweaty neck and the pole.

After a few seconds i just couldn't take it and gave up, pulling my hand free from the pole. I could still feel his sweat on my hand so i looked at it and it was actually wet with this guys neck sweat.

:(. Horrible.

I did a LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

Try that on my crowded bus or train, and not only will I take your bag and sling it at random down the carriage, I'll sit next to you and prevent you from going after it, you selfish mong.

ugh, i'd just move seats. you can't MAKE me sit next to you!

to be clear, when the bus is nearly full, of course i move my bag. it's not as if i expect someone to stand!! but when there are plenty of empty seats, i'm not going to have some smelly weirdo decide they want to sit next to me and talk my ear off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Galadriel wrote: »
    Some old woman sitting beside me picking her nose and flicking it, I learned a valuable lesson....NEVER sit down stairs, the old and the odd rarely make it up the stairs.

LOL...I'm on public transport every day ... two parts of my journey include a bus ... I live and dye by that rule :D:D ... plus the hot girls normally come upstairs too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Teenagers playing music on their phones. Annoys the fcuk out of me. Had to tell them to turn it off on a bus to Ardee.

Said it a bit load so it was turned off sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 timelessone

Getting a Greyhound in Manitoba, Canada a couple of years ago.

I'm listening to my I-Pod, dozing off, when some fcuker comes up and cuts my head off!!!!..........

Haven't gotten a Greyhound since.

Worst holiday ever.

A chimpanzee :cool: not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Insurgent wrote: »
    Teenagers playing music on their phones. Annoys the fcuk out of me.

+1

I HATE THAT. How can anyone listen to music with no bass anyway? And the music is always auto-tuned crap. And the teenagers are always skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

a fat person sitting in the aisle seat trapping you is probably the worst especially because most fat people stink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

one of those god awful 'city imp' buses..where the hell they ever go to anyway?

coming out of rathmines about evening rush hour and it's one of those really humid rainy days. an auld lad gets on and sit beside me - scruffy, very long grey beard. he doesn't smell the may west like, but if a wet dog smell. but then he produces the snack box and starts tucking in. he's suckin on the bones and slurpin around the chicken and licking his lips - grease all over the beard and bits of flesh, and the smell's ****in dreadful.

i though i was gonna puke so i basically jumped over him, got out at the next stop and walked the rest of the way to town in the rain. it was worth it

Advertisement