Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys Shoes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

Thanks Jessi, I love red lippie too, especially with a bit of gloss.
    I got the tartan tights in Dunnes, not sure if they still sell them.
    It's such a sunny evening I might take some pics in the garden, what outfit should I wear out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Gotta say I like the grey heels. Would always have thought white shoes were trashy, but after reading comments here and seeing them worn, they aren't. Good finds OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Thanks for your comments Microgirl, you could be right about the posing - maybe I nwas being ironic :p.

Yeah, I went back to look at the pics again, and the one with the tiny white skirt and the blue top - definitely ironic :D That's a real coy, sultry, come-hither, faux-innocent look you've got going on there ;)

Tiny white skirts are always ironic, surely...
    This is probably my last pic of the night. If you've any ideas of styles you think I should try on or post pics of please let me know.
    My next step will be to try and arrange a makeover...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Do smile a bit more :)

• Advertisement

I promise to smile if I put any more pics up! I was kind of nervous ;)
    I'm seeing can I build up the courage for a proper walk outside when it gets dark - I won't be wearing that outfit though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

You look really classy in the last pic,more classy than I could look anyways.:pac:

Really liked the black dress with the red belt too,a lot of the stuff I'd wear myself aswell,the grey shoes were nice aswell,got some really nice grey shoes in Heatons the other day aswell.

Try and get the courage to go out soon,my mam was friends with a transvestite back in the 60's,he used to dress up on the weekends and go out shopping and stuff,no one was really bothered by what he did and some didn't even recognise him!

Thanks for the compliments Storm. I'd love to go out dressed but don't really want to leave my front door all dolled up at the moment (I did it once before at about 4am one winter but think it's a bit too risky).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Thanks for the compliments Storm. I'd love to go out dressed but don't really want to leave my front door all dolled up at the moment (I did it once before at about 4am one winter but think it's a bit too risky).

Well you should do whenever you feel comfortable to,your clothes are really nice,shame to hide them!
    Best of luck to you anyway.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

If you want to go out in your outfits try somewhere like partie monster or WAR or an art college :D

You're legs are beautiful, Try not to wear clogs, I had a friend who wore clogs out and they made his legs look really well-manly lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

You're not supposed to look better than me!! Especially love the pink skirt in the first pic

Thanks for your comments Storm, Digi, and Kity.
    All the comments have made me want to go out in public so I've placed and ad looking for a makeover and a little walk outside. Hope I get some replies...
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/30/60659130.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Thanks for your comments Storm, Digi, and Kity.
    All the comments have made me want to go out in public so I've placed and ad looking for a makeover and a little walk outside. Hope I get some replies...
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/30/60659130.html

HS, you look great.

Good luck with it all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

i like NEW LOOK for shoes. I find them the most comfy and i sometimes wear mens runners etc because I have wide (man like) feet for a girl. so maybe you could try there. ive been told they have a shop in the square tallaght

oh i saw someone already mentioned new look.

anyway just saw your pics. i love the red dress and the blue top/and ra ra skirt. the blue top reminds me of one which carrie wore in sex and the city once. she had an apple necklace which you can buy on the patricia field website (stylist for sex n city). it would definitely look fab with your top ;)

http://www.patriciafield.com/rhinestoneapplenecklace.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I really love all the clothes you were rockin' in those pics. Seriously, you've got some great legs and a killer sense of style. Makes me wish I could look good in a mini, actually.

The only thing I'd suggest (and I really hope you don't take offence to this!) is putting some extra foundation/concealer around your jaw area. Presumably because of shaving, the skin there seems a little darker than say, around your cheeks. Other than that, I think you look great! I'm really loving that purple dress/grey shoe combo.

I think you're brilliant for having the guts to post pics. I would assume that it's like a "pre-going-outside" thing for you, like taking baby steps? If so, you seem to have gotten a great reaction here, so go for it. You look a hell of a lot better than most of the women I know.

Thanks again for your comments. Must try New Look in The Square. Having my outfit compared to S&TS even makes me blush, didn't realise I was quite so girly lol. I'm just an average straight guy 99% of the time.

Thanks Lynda, I know what you mean about the face exactly, I only had cheapo liquid concealer and foundation. I really need some better stuff and some loose powder too.
    Still not sure if I'll have the guts to go out, might try a club called Nimhneach sometime. I know I'm not exactly "passable" as a female (except maybe at a distance) and especially not on a bright summer night!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

hey hun,

You have a fab figure that most of us would kill for :D
    The TV people I know started out by bringing their stuff in a bag and changing in gay pub toilets which are much more liberal. Not that glamourous but its a means to an end!

Be proud, it's not to be ashamed of. Who gives a fiddlers what people think. Everyone is so worried about their own stuff that even if they give you an odd look or a bitchy comment they're thinking about something new 5 minutes later! Life's too short, we owe it to ourselves to be happy :D

xxx

I disagree with you. I think you could pass quite easily once you use a better foundation and concealer. It was the only semi-masculine thing that I noticed. True match minerals foundation by l'oreal is great and hides EVERYTHING. It's a powder foundation, I brush it on over my cheap cream foundation and it works like an amazing concealer :)

Nimhneach is pretty awesome, I was there once before. Great place to go if you're feeling a bit apprehensive, actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Also try using a primer under the foundation, L'oreal and Gosh do nice cheap and cheerful ones. Thye help even out the skin surface so if you've any open pores (a problem some of my mates have from shaving burn etc) it kind of fills them in so the foundation skims over them rather than sinks into them if that makes sense? And I'd third Nimhneach, usually a decent crowd there and most folk are so positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Thanks Lynda, I know what you mean about the face exactly, I only had cheapo liquid concealer and foundation. I really need some better stuff and some loose powder too.

Look into getting some Dermablend. It's cosmetic foundation for covering scars and birthmarks and the like and a lot of TVs use it. Certainly my ex was recommended it.

Also remember to exfoliate and moisturise daily, even if you're not going to be dressing up that day, to keep the skin in good condition and the hairs soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

hey HS

First of all.... Fab outfits. I really love the red... actually i like all of them, and the wig is very good! Your legs look great, are you using a tan on them? Sally henson airbrush legs is brilliant, but you can also use it on the rest of your body. The plus with this is you can have your shower afterwards and it'll all come off. It saves you from the wear off tans. Make up wise, benefit have a great smokey eye pallet, the smokey eye always looks great!

I get some great shoes in new look as well. And you can always order them online if you don't fancy trying them on in public. They are pretty accurate with sizes.
    Fair play for getting the courage to try them on, i think its bloody fantastic, bring it on i say!
    The more confidence you get the easier it'll be for you to step out in the day, and maybe you could confide in a few g/f's? They'd be able to give you a helping hand with anything your unsure of, and maybe accompany you on your first day trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Dublin Pride Festival is on at the moment, 18th to 27th june. im sure there could be events on which you could dress up in public at ease (it be shame not to show off your lovely outfits).

i went to the pride festival in france and was very impressed nobody said anything to myself or my friend. we are both straight, but we went along for the fun, openess and party experience. there were many TG/TV people there and everybody was accepted. everybody was so happy and polite, which i never experience in any other club/festival before.

http://www.dublinpride.ie/festival/events.aspx

microgirl wrote: »
    Look into getting some Dermablend. It's cosmetic foundation for covering scars and birthmarks and the like and a lot of TVs use it. Certainly my ex was recommended it.

Also remember to exfoliate and moisturise daily, even if you're not going to be dressing up that day, to keep the skin in good condition and the hairs soft.

I'd advise against Dermablend tbh. I spent 20-odd euro on some to try cover some almost fully faded scars on my thighs and arm and it did nothing. I ended up buying some L'Oreal concealer stick with like a paintbrush end on it which even covers stretchmarks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

I first have to congradulate you on trying shoes on in public and for modeling your outfits for us all, and for your taste! Loving the red oufits! and your grey heels, they're adorable and yet sexy! Well done that took alot of, well, balls!

Now I must say how jealous I am of your figure esp. your legs!!! It's soo unfair!!! :D
    I second the suggestion you confide in some girlie friends who can offer some guidance and advice, perhaps they'll be up for a "girlie" night out?

Now I think it's time to strut your stuff!;) best of luck on your adventures!!
    I'm sure you're an inspiration to the lurking TV's on here!

Wow thanks again for all your comments!
    I'll definitely try out some of the concealers you mention. Must get some primer too. I'm still not convinced I'd pass but obviously there's only one way to find out :D
    I don't use fake tan on my legs, just tights - my legs aren't shaved so they have to be covered! My only probs with going to gay places is that I have some friends who are gay and I'd be afraid they'd see me there but it's certainly an idea.
    I could let some girlie friends know but I get the feeling that the news could spread beyond one or two girls, my girl friends like to talk! One to ponder though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ilovejames

hi ya,

I came across your thread and thought of this YouTube video i seen before. I think you could pick up tips and tricks for doing your makeup :)
    BTW i love your sense of style your one sassy lady :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7cE39_R9mo

if the link doesnt appear youtube pixiwoo and in their video list you will find drag makeup tutorial. Its brilliant. Also if you find that a bit too much check out their "basic videos" show how to do general makeup, foundation, blusher, eyeshadow etc.
    x

Advertisement