Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bungo & chips please.

Options
  • 17-06-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

I asked for a bungo & chips in my local chipper yesterday & the fella behind the counter didn't bat an eye.

Annoyed that he didn't get confused as to what a 'bungo' was i thought i'd try again by asking for no onions in the bungo. Again no hint of a communication error.:mad:

What really set me off on a muffled laughathon was the fact that i heard some guy in front of me saying whats a bungo? The guy he asked just shrugged his shoulders.

My point is, its amazing how those guys in chippers can recognise any order no matter how badly its requested. Kind of like the way google sort of knows what your trying to spell even if you mess it up?

Tomorrow im headin into tescos to ask someone where the crips are.:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Maybe he thought you where retarded...

I'm thinking maybe he was right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

what is a bungo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Deh crips are over besoide deh fidjos yungfla, ye should get yore cousint or yore ma to go witcheh to help you find dum quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

No wonder people are regularily beaten up outside chippers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

My point is, its amazing how those guys in chippers can recognise any order no matter how badly its requested.

Chippers are used to dealing with drunk people I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,291 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Burger and clits

In a local corner shop around from my house, I used to always ask the prices of things, but answer my question straight away.

"How much will €1 worth of jellies cost me?", "How much are the 20c crisps?", etc.

You'd be surprised how often you can see them calculating it in their head. Or they'll quickly ask someone else, but whilst asking them realise the answer.

Mind you, i always did it as a bit of a laugh. I wouldn't to it the whole time or purposely try to annoy people.

ah here somebody tell me what a fooking bungo is,its melting my head..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Maybe he thought you where retarded...
    Mmm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

I asked for a bungo & chips in my local chipper yesterday & the fella behind the counter didn't bat an eye.

No idea what type of food a 'bungo' is, but I do know what a 'manbungo' is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pmcmahon wrote: »
    ah here somebody tell me what a fooking bungo is,its melting my head..

You know, a wurly bungo

You know, a wurly bungo

so its just a wurly burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

My point is, its amazing how those guys in chippers can recognise any order no matter how badly its requested.

Yeah. Amazing. The world is full of incredible wonders, and this is just one of them. Get onto The New7Wonders Foundation and get it added to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Ah - now I'm hungry for chipper food. Thanks a lot OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

bluewolf wrote: »
    Mmm...

Sorry spell check doesnt do grammer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Of course he didn't bat an eyelid when you asked for no onion up your bungo. Jaysus - who wants an onion shoved up his bungo?

Anyways - where did you say this brothel was?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

In the tuck shop at the school i went to, the upstarts used to ask for a packe of cheese and indian taytos. They might know you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Of course he didn't bat an eyelid when you asked for no onion up your bungo. Jaysus - who wants an onion shoved up his bungo?

I could see asking for scalllions, but a whole onion ??

That's kinky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Or spelling?

• Advertisement

Chippers are used to dealing with drunk people I imagine.

Chipper near where I used to live was called "sheesh en fips" as that was the most common order! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Try "grammar" that should do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

anniehoo wrote: »
    Try "grammar" that should do it..

doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

That must be why people always say 'Fraser'..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Annoyed that he didn't get confused as to what a 'bungo' was i thought i'd try again by asking for no onions in the bungo. Again no hint of a communication error.:mad:

What really set me off on a muffled laughathon was the fact that i heard some guy in front of me saying whats a bungo? The guy he asked just shrugged his shoulders.

LOL!

This is something I've gotta try :D

Where did you get this idea of using bungo, and why?

This reminds me of that story of a classmate going into macdonalds and asking for a burger with extra jip, (we told him it was the name for mustard).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

with extra mayo and a side order of coleslaw nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

used to have a great one in my local the woman behind the counter would say salt and vinegar..? and id reply yes vinegar and salt and she say just vinegar..? no vinegar and salt and then it would be sorry just salt..? etc etc used to catch her out every time as she was a big bag of nerves for some strange reason (i think she was possessed) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Can I haz cheeze bungo and crips pleaz!

Advertisement