Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone convince me not to move to 3?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

switched my num from meteor to three - easily eneough.

things worked fine.

then 3g would be on and off - eventually worked after a few calls.

then didnt work at all - i called tech support and it took ages to explain the diff between wifi and 3g and he didnt fix it but it worked again on its own.

then it seemed ok and both worked fine - yesterday 3g and calls worked but i cant send sms but can receive.

yes 3pay is great - but the hassle is not worth it.

you dont care about data op? then dont under any circumstances switch to 3, are you mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Been with Three for about 3 years now and I've had no major problems with them, any issue's I've had were always sorted out in a quick and polite manner.
    Was with Voda for 10 + years before that and was also very Lucky with them too.

Bit miffed about them bringing the Internet add on down to 250MB but thats life. Some one said they would be changing it to 500MB but as yet no change.

Over all I'm happy with them. (free skype+msn is a welcome bonus! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

I'm about to switch to them.

I'm with meteor PAYG atm and can't get reception in my house unless i stand on the coffee table or go outside the front door. We have no landline and three small children so this is a major problem really.

The boyfriend used to be with O2 and they had equally bad reception here and people with vodafone aren't much better off.

3 however have excellant coverage here and are cheap and have some lovely phones.

I was put off by the customer service too but recently bought a 3 modem for the playschool laptop and was amazed at the service. I ordered it at 6pm on a thursday and it arrived 11am the next day, I've had to ring them once and they've rung me twice to sort out billing as (through no fault of 3's) they couldn't direct debit the playschool account as i'd had to give my name when ordering (to pay the 1c admin charge by cc) and they've been absolutely fantastic every time. Extremely helpful, friendly and polite and very efficient... i've never been on the phone longer than 10 minutes and on one occasion they actually offered to ring me back rather than put me on hold!

I'm switching my phone as soon as i can afford the one i want and i think the boyfriend will be following suit in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

In fact this thread just gave me the incentive to check their site again and I've just ordered a Sony Erricson Xperia Mini for 49 euros on pay monthly for 19 euros a month.

Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

just try them. if your going payg you dont have anything to lose.
    customer care is a pain in the arse though, i've been with them for 5 years, no 3g where i live but always 3g in kilkenny/waterford cities

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just got my second bill. Girl in shop told me 25% off the €49pm plan for the first 6 months. turns out they are billing me €24.50 which is 50% for 700 flexi-units!!!! Very happy. Reception is great, both phone and data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Just a quick update, I've decided to take the plunge.

Now it's either 3Pay or Best of Both with the 500mb add-on.

Leaning towards 3Pay for the ability to buy the occasional daily/weekly broadband option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You wont be tied to them if your not happy in case, so its not he end of the world

Advertisement