Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I hate about the supermarket

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    http://www.haagen-dazs.com/company/new_look.aspx

can't place that one..... sounds like one of the limited edition ones that came last nov when they were 33% off. not in stock now anyway.

it exists, easily the nicest flavour. seen it in drumcondra the other day but would have been all melted by the time i got home.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

My local shop is Lidl. There's a halting site a few minutes down the road. Bad combination. Some halting site young wans come in and they smell a bit... unshowered. They stop in the toiletries isle and drench themselves in body spray and cheap perfume. They take every bottle, one by one, and spray themselves seven or eight times. Standing behind them in the queue they are surrounded by a big plume of pungent artificial smells and BO. Makes me literally want to vomit.

We drive to Superquinn... bliss compared to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

two old gasbags stopping in the middle of the aisle to have a good old chat while everyone else trys to navigate around them

the old people who take forever to count out the money for their shopping while a ben hurr proportion queue forms behind them

and those people wondering "would you like to try this new chilly sauce" and other such delicacies and then when you do they proceed to tell you how buying 10 cans of the stuff will save you 25 if you use the special coupon they give you

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

People who cant find a parking space and then park they're car in front of a petrol pump and going inside to do they're shoppings

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

robbie_998 wrote: »
    I hate old hags standing in the isle blocking up the whole place just to talk to each other and don't move out of your way.
    brummytom wrote: »
    I hate people who stand in front of me when I'm trying to look for something.

Say, biscuits. I know I want a box of Jaffa Cakes but some ignorant twát has to stand in front of the whole biscuit section with his wife perusing all the different types, having a chat about what they should get while I'm stood behind for 10 minutes waiting.

Thanks to you, I have discovered my super power...!

I simply say "Excuse me please" and that sort of person moves out of my way. :eek::eek::eek:

Now to decide whether to use my power for good or evil...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

People emptying the contents of their basket at the checkout and failing to stack it properly. All it takes is one basket to stacked arseways and all the rest are just thrown in on top of it. I always end up sorting them out before I stack mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Superquinn Lucan, now there's a nice supermarket :)

dats wat I'm talkin bout!

That one and the Pavillions one have the hottest milfs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I hate herds of scummers or scummer couple's behaviour in supermarkets.

Occasionlly when i go to my local tescos it makes me sick to see these things constantly clinging/kissing each other & not realising that not everyone wants to see such a stomach churning display of affection. What is it with knackers just doing whatever the fcuk they want in public.

Herds of scummers that talk in their usual load pigeon english as they investigate every item within a foot of them & then cackle away at eachother.

This is what i heard one scut roaring to another scut today at the crisps section; here mikey...mikeeey - (mikey)Whaaa?? .....dey dont have da tescos onion rings ataaaallll....(mikey)- fcuk em sure just grab da cheeez bals, der luvleee...:rolleyes:

Scobes. I hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

The thing I hate most is all the desperate single mothers that come on to me every time i go to buy a loaf of bread. I know i'm sexy but its damn ridiculous :pac:

Teutorix wrote: »
    The thing I hate most is all the desperate single mothers that come on to me every time i go to buy a loaf of bread. I know i'm sexy but its damn ridiculous :pac:

Christ that is desperate alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 princessx

Do your shopping online then and **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

princessx wrote: »
    Do your shopping online then and **** up.

Do my shopping online and then fcuk up? or shut the fcuk up?
    What do you mean you mad culchie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Hate the ****ers walking down an aisle and suddenly turn around with their trolley and hitting me with it. No observation and checking around them first for other shoppers, just turn it around and hits me. Ignorant. How did they get there and how are they getting their shopping home? I hope they're not the ones driving.

Yes, spatial awareness is key. Many are devoid of it.
    Luckily mine is so refined, I have the alacrity and prescience of mind to avoid most clumsy clods.:)
    It's all about anticipation.

Pissed people in the off-licence. Bad enough in a pub...

Staff congregating together for a chat and a bit of piss-taking - Obviously only when I need to find something on a shelf behind them!
    It's a thankless enough job without me begrudging them a bit of banter.

Obviously, aisle blockers. In particular the entrance or exit. Easier to negotiate around em when in the aisle.

Chewbacca. wrote: »
    Do my shopping online and then fcuk up? or shut the fcuk up?
    What do you mean you mad culchie?

Culchie is your favourite word. You've said it many a time on threads. Ignorantly so, on most of them.

I'm not, per se, but that word really gets to me.

Some think it's harmless, but I find it offensive and completely derogatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Things I hate about the Supermarkets: Everything.

Life is too short to go to Supermarkets.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    People emptying the contents of their basket at the checkout and failing to stack it properly. All it takes is one basket to stacked arseways and all the rest are just thrown in on top of it. I always end up sorting them out before I stack mine.

I get you, but just the last line there, I'd say there's the complete Meldrew about you:pac:

Culchie is your favourite word. You've said it many a time on threads. Ignorantly so, on most of them.

It is harmless, now, get a life and stop rooting through my previous posts you sad, sad stalker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

The drone-like cashiers.

It is harmless, now, get a life and stop rooting through my previous posts you sad, sad stalker.

Come on now. I just happened to be on a thread you were posting on earlier, and you were accosted for being an ignoramus. Twice in the space of a few hours? We'll leave it at that.

Come on now. I just happened to be on a thread you were posting on earlier, and you were accosted for being an ignoramus. Twice in the space of a few hours? We'll leave it at that.

I haven't posted anything about culchies 'a few hours ago' you fcuking weird pleb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

I hate their dead air and their 'calming' muzak’ that tinkles over the tannoy, punctuated only by the occasional *ping pong* that heralds a bored and disembodied announcement about the latest special offer on isle three or the protesting shrieks of a small child dragged across the floor to the checkout, that I sympathize with far more then it’s exasperated parent.

I hate the feeling that as a homo-sapien, a hunter gatherer species, that these palaces of easy consumption have stolen yet another slice of my humanity and my soul, or more appropriately that they have bought it cheaply for 9.99 or a ‘two a for the price of one’ offer, and I can't escape the feeling that another half hour spent in such a sterile purgatory will leave me shuffling along behind my trolley like an over medicated psychotic in a psychiatric ward and that my only real chance of escape or redemption would be to tear off my clothes, fashion a spear from a display stand and joyously hunt a bag packer down as he flees through the frozen good section......and then revel in my kill…..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I haven't posted anything about culchies 'a few hours ago' you fcuking weird pleb.
    Banned for personal abuse.

Leave out the personal stuff. Culchie is just a collective. Nothing uncommon in after hours Culchies vs. Jackeens. Let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Bag packers, pack everything arse ways and expect your change for it. Dunnes are terrible for it :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Occasionally whilst walking through a supermarket, it occurs to me that this is the modern alternative to hunting and killing animals, which saddens me.

Life is too short to go to Supermarkets.

Near impossible im afraid. Unless you use a delivery service.

Where do you buy your everyday/weekly groceries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

just been to dunnes, and i noticed two of the tills had signs up saying "bag-pqcker free checkout", which was delightful

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lillykay

I have to say, I really love supermarkets.

In fact I'm almost overly fond of them.

The best are the foreign supermarkets. When you're abroad of course.
    Theres nothing better than having a wander around looking at all the weird stuff the locals eat.

Dried sugared cuttlefish, malaysia was a horrific find. Smell of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Near impossible im afraid. Unless you use a delivery service.

Where do you buy your everyday/weekly groceries?

I do not buy groceries. It hurts my soul.

Brekkie is Centra sambo and coffee, deli counter sambos are lunch. Dinner is cadged from boyfriend or take away!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ok as i Fix the Self Service fastlanes I can tell you for sure the "scanner/scale" does weight items in both Tesco's & Superquinn, you have to go into the items and tell it what it is carrotts etc. I recommend not to put any bag onto the packing area of the fastlane bar a store disposable plastic bag as to much variation in weight on the re-usable ones. If some of you might have noticed some of the Tesco stores are getting new fastlanes which are a lot quicker and reliabel with coin recyclers built in so you can poor your jars of coins into them against your shopping, so far Ballybrack, Dundrum, Nutrgrove & Gorey have the new ones installed. One thing that wrecks store staffs heads are customers who just scan an item to check the price and then walk away and makes that fastlane unusable until staff cancel the item.
    Also makes me laugh when I have one of these dismantled and still have customer standing beside me queuing to use it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Something I hate is when people don't wait in the self check outs. I was sin Tesco this morning. Went for one them. Imagine me with a pile of food and this man wouldn't wait until I finished packing my stuff and began checking his. :mad:

Son of a b¡tch was the politest thing I told him.

Advertisement