Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster/Zombie/Horror Tournament Discussion/suggestions

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

So, if a zombie hunter had a prepared base loaded with weapons he shouldn't run but instead stand and fight until he is zombie chow? Okey dokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I think it's unworkable, too many variables involved. most people don't want to think too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

You raise an interesting point sir. Do we decide that victory must be achieved by killing all the zombies only, or escape to a predetermined safe point elsehwere

For the purposes of this discussion I'd say the Hero needs to do away w/ all the Z's. No running away - even if that is his best defense. This is a stand and fight competition.

That being said - With all the cleaning supplies, etc Mr. Bourne would/could create a decent bomb. This might not kill them all but he'd finish the rest w/ whatever weapons he could come up with. See him surfing down aisles in a shopping cart felling Z's as he goes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'm liking the kill or be killed for our contestants.

Can we get the format for this up and going soon. It would be nice to have a tournament some time next week.

• Advertisement

1. Kill or be killed
    2. Random locations
    3. Human competitors
    4. Competitors may face sprinters or shamblers(fewer sprinters, more shamblers)
    Seems like a good set of rules, now who's fighting and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Just a trial run to see if the format fits:

Jason Bourne

VS

28weekslater.gif
    The Sprinters[100]

IN

The Supermarket
    supermarket-rear-case-aisles.jpg

While out doing his groceries the agent stumbled across an informant,after disposing of this spy in a back room,Bourne emerges at the rear of the main store to find a rather large crowd of angry looking zombies waiting for him.

As this was a relatively civilian trip has 1 Glock 17 [13 bullets] in his Jacket pocket.The Zeds have not seen him,yet.
    Again,does this format work for everyone?I'll do it,no problem.I just got no feedback on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I'm good w/ that Ginja.

I like your set up Ginja. Run with it.

I thought the first one might work okay,aparently not.

Is burning the place to the ground as he leaves an "escape"?
    it would more than likely kill them all

And to Brendog;I'm not taking the "he wouldn't be caught dead in a supermarket" answer,sorry if this offends,but he's not too "fabulous" to be caught in the zombocolypse.Assume the place has gone to hell and he has lowered his standards :pac:

• Advertisement

The next round is up.Sorry about the delay on this round.I've been a bit hectic between work and getting a house sorted for college[damn auctioneers :mad:] it'll be ticking like a clock by the weekend.

Sorry again for the messy timetable :o:o

and folks;feel free to submit characters/scenarios you want to see.I'd feel a bit guilty throwing all of these people to the hordes :pac:

yeah,I put macguyver on a desert Island.But it's macguyver FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Suggestion:

Batman (he is human afterall :cool:) vs. sprinters in an average primary school.

Rorschach vs. sprinters in a garden centre.

Sheldon Cooper vs. Shamblers in a graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

topical. the A-Team [current or 70's] vs 1000 shamblers in the docks/zoo/fairground/power station

The lead squad [hitman 2-1, 4 lads] from genration kill, against 1000 sprinters, some sort of location [urban area with their humvee, indoor location with just their weapons and limited ammo]

Kromdar wrote: »
    topical. the A-Team [current or 70's] vs 1000 shamblers in the docks/zoo/fairground/power station
    yes, fairground definitely. Ferris Wheel of Death.

I was thinking of team round myself,I didn't know how to scale the horde.

number x10 ?
    so 1,000 sprinters and 2,500 shamblers

or does that leave anyone pretty f*cked against a crowd that size

Also,are people cool with comic book/video game characters á la batman etc.?

100 sprinters x team number/250 shamblers x team number would work quite well I'd think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

100 sprinters x team number/250 shamblers x team number would work quite well I'd think

That seems like a very good way to scale it. It keeps it in proportion to what we've been using up to now which makes the team events comparable to the individuals.

I certainly am. But as the first (only?) person to suggest such a round, perhaps I'm more than a little biased? :P

I got no problem with them. I used 32 for a tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

yeah, the current numbers of zombies x the number of survivors. there should however be a penalty for those with combat training or who usually carry heavy weapons, maybe 1.5 x the number of zombies. eg. chuck norris x 250 shamblers, but captain price [cod] would have 1.5 times that, because he usually carries an assault rifle and ammo. although you could be scenario specific, saying that he just escaped and only has one magazine, etc.

• Advertisement

I got no problem with them. I used 32 for a tournament
    I can't see this working as a tournament.How do you compare who would survive "better"

@Kromdar; Mactavish/Price was going to be my next round,odd you mentioned it >.>

I'm trying to limit the effects of the dakka guns.As in the COD players get access to a flying missile platform with a remote control rocket payload.No way that's happening now

So a sniper team would have:1 barret rifle,2 silenced pistols and a sub machine gun[maybe MP5 or the likes] a fairly standard kit for anti materials team.But vs 500+ zeds they would only have maybe 100 bullets between the lot so it's fair[and a barret is 5ft long and 15kg before a magasine is added,they aren't carrying much else]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This tournament doesn't work for me, should stick to something similar to the last tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Batman is a bit ghey in my book

:mad:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :mad:

hee hee

Ok, Since Ginja's off for a while, I'll take the tourna on, Round 2 will be up soon and with it a few changes.

Advertisement