Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access To battery on iPhone4

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ApplefyMe

whiterebel wrote: »
    I don't know what difference it makes being retailers, but there is no 2 year warranty in Ireland. Check with NCA or the ECC if you like, they will confirm it.

The difference is that they are the last link in the chain thus the EU and national legislations hit the retailers and/or whoever sold the product to the customer directly with this kind of legislation.The retailer then goes back to the wholesaler to be redressed and the supplier then goes to the manufacturer etc...There are steps in place for each player in the channel of distribution to be redressed but unfortunately 9/10 the retailer will have sold the good to the consumer and are punished first even if the fault has nothing to do with them.

Here is the link http://www.eccireland.ie/faq.php?topic=13&item=21

hit the Sale of goods and associated guarantees directive 99/44/EC link and read article 5 and 6

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ApplefyMe wrote: »
    The difference is that they are the last link in the chain thus the EU and national legislations hit the retailers and/or whoever sold the product to the customer directly with this kind of legislation.The retailer then goes back to the wholesaler to be redressed and the supplier then goes to the manufacturer etc...There are steps in place for each player in the channel of distribution to be redressed but unfortunately 9/10 the retailer will have sold the good to the consumer and are punished first even if the fault has nothing to do with them.

Here is the link http://www.eccireland.ie/faq.php?topic=13&item=21

hit the Sale of goods and associated guarantees directive 99/44/EC link and read article 5 and 6

I still don't see why you think Apple resellers would be different - they are retailers, and your contract is with them. I'm not bringing this any further off topic. Do yourself a favour and ring the ECC and ask them if the regulation applies here. It doesn't because we never ratified the 2 years. If it was in force here, don't you think the NCA would point to it on their website? No they don't, they refer you to the Sale of Goods Act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ApplefyMe

Ya and I said to buy from APR's in one of my previous posts because they are retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Thanks for all the comments and the answer is NO

Was just asking,

Never had a problem with my 3GS batterywise.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

MACHEAD wrote: »
    In reply to poster Heliosvector above I've never actually yet had the oppertunity to have a rummage around inside an iPhone, but I should think it's highly unlikely that the batteries are solered in. By dfenition that would mean it has to unsoldered to be replaced. The last thing Apple would want is anyone (even certified technicians) applying a soldereing iron to an intricate device such as the iPhone. Yes Apple have a very 'closed shop' approach to servicing and repairs, but it's incredibly expensive to gain the required certification to work on Apple hardware. I've tried to self teach my self as much of the hardware training as possible. My employer will only pay for the software support courses I have to go on 2 - 3 times a year.
    Well the two Ive taken apart(both 2G's) the battery was indeed soldered in. They are an almighty bitch to crack open(like all of the iPods too) and they are very easy to bugger up getting back together. Now you can change the battery yourself if youre anyway handy and its outa warranty, but its not for the faint hearted. Kinda like many of their products. They're designed to be a one stop shop integrated product for the end user. Not the technician or the home fiddler type.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement